Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2180: IMHO (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2180-imho-19290/)

Michael's Servant 05-18-2015 11:00 PM

2180: IMHO
 
with Sabrina Jalees – Muslim families; Catholic priest fired for supporting gay rights; Louis C.K.’s chronic public masturbation scandal revisited; Kanye West at the Billboard Music Awards; Robin Thicke’s dog eats weed; Hillary and Bill Clinton made $25 million on speeches since January 2014; Al Sharpton’s daughter tries to scam NYC for $5 million

Guest:
Sabrina Jalees
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/guest...es-200x200.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Eric M 05-19-2015 09:11 AM

Too bad you don't do worst new guest anymore.

WSEIII 05-19-2015 03:42 PM

I understand love and the need to be loved by a companion. But the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin. I don't hate anyone because they are gay/lesbian.

I wonder what Butch Crush tastes like.

Public masturbation is never in good taste, but it's kinda up to the people to decide if they are going to make a big deal of it or not. In Japan it's all about touching/looking through a females' panties on the subway.

blu 05-19-2015 04:10 PM

My ears hurt after listening to this episode. Good for Keith and Chemda for keeping it on track. What the fuck did I just listen too.....

OnmyojiOmn 05-19-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu (Post 843253)
What the fuck did I just listen too.....

A lot of anxiety.

blu 05-19-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843254)
A lot of anxiety.


Yup. Anxiety and bullshit.

Thumbnail 05-19-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu (Post 843255)
Yup. Anxiety and bullshit.

All of the above.

I was more bummed about this ep than annoyed. Sabrina just bummed me out.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 04:54 PM

Total pro move - get distracted by your phone near the end of a podcast.

What a cunt.


But lmao @ Keith's smoking a vag-cigar through the arsehole comment.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843254)
A lot of anxiety.

I would say less anxiety and moar self-involvement.

I wanted to say narcissim, but I can't spell it.

OnmyojiOmn 05-19-2015 05:15 PM

People need to knock it off with this "worst guest" bullshit. There were three people on mic. If you're complaining, you're complaining about the WHOLE show. The whole free show.

You get on the forums and complain about "worst guests" because you think it's Keith, Chemda, and you versus the new challenger. You think being on their team makes you different from the horde of people mouth-shitting on every other piece of free content on the internet. It doesn't. Just say "I didn't like this guest because..." or "I didn't like this episode because..." and if you sound like That Guy then you are That fucking Guy.

I thought the episode was pretty hectic, and the phone thing was rough. That said, Sabrina is fun and I hope she's more comfortable if/when she's on again. Believe me, my "worst guest" will be someone I don't comment on at all because I know that Keith and Chemda are aware it was a shitshow.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
If you're complaining, you're complaining about the WHOLE show. The whole free show.

Incorrect.


Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
You get on the forums and complain about "worst guests" because you think it's Keith, Chemda, and you versus the new challenger.

Also incorrect. You're on a roll, princess.

K&C are fucking great. Sometimes the guests don't click with the show, and other times the guests are disrespectful enough to check their phones.

I have no illusions about KATG Inc's ability to defend itself when needed. People here are just voicing opinions. Unfortunately, your opinion is wrong.


Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
every other piece of free content on the internet.

We get it, Captain Subtlety. KATG is free.

Free doesn't mean we can't have opinions about it, dickhead.


Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
if you sound like That Guy then you are That fucking Guy.

There were a couple of girls who didn't like Sabrina. Where is your heteronormative god now, you sexist cunt?


Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
the phone thing was rough.

I'm sorry - I this seems like a negative comment. Are you That Guy-ing us??


Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
my "worst guest" will be someone I don't comment on at all

It's a free show, you cheap cunt. By not commenting, you're just another freeloader not commenting on something on the internet they didn't like.

You make me sick.

Eric M 05-19-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
People need to knock it off with this "worst guest" bullshit. There were three people on mic. If you're complaining, you're complaining about the WHOLE show. The whole free show.

You get on the forums and complain about "worst guests" because you think it's Keith, Chemda, and you versus the new challenger. You think being on their team makes you different from the horde of people mouth-shitting on every other piece of free content on the internet. It doesn't. Just say "I didn't like this guest because..." or "I didn't like this episode because..." and if you sound like That Guy then you are That fucking Guy.

I thought the episode was pretty hectic, and the phone thing was rough. That said, Sabrina is fun and I hope she's more comfortable if/when she's on again. Believe me, my "worst guest" will be someone I don't comment on at all because I know that Keith and Chemda are aware it was a shitshow.

You realize you just made a longer and more detailed post bitching about people bitching who didn't bitch nearly as hard as you just now though, right? Maybe decide which platforms are worth standing on for a second before pouring your heart out about some shitty comic who completely derailed a show by pulling out her phone to announce that shes looking for a message that isnt even there about a movie role that she probably won't even get.

badthing 05-19-2015 06:23 PM

did I miss something .. relistening .. I don't get the hate ..

Sparrow 05-19-2015 06:30 PM

she talked over K & C quite a bit.

OnmyojiOmn 05-19-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Just say "I didn't like this guest because..." or "I didn't like this episode because..." and if you sound like That Guy then you are That fucking Guy.
I guess I really need to spell this out. If what you're going to post is reasonable and constructive enough that you'd post it in any other show's comments without being that asshole, that's fine. What I see with this show is that people think they're empowered to shit on guests because there used to be an award. There's no award. You don't have any special powers. You're just an asshole.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843265)
I guess I really need to spell this out.

Nope. Once again, you're fucking wrong.

It's not an issue with understanding your point. It's just that it's a stupid point and you're a fucking retard.

Go fuck yourself.

OnmyojiOmn 05-19-2015 06:42 PM

You're an anal wart on this forum. The only reason you haven't been banned is that they know your piss will keep other trolls away. You aren't even any good at what you're trying to do. You can have the last word; I won't feed you any more.

Sparrow 05-19-2015 06:44 PM

i like you, scummy.

Jo_Culprit 05-19-2015 06:50 PM

Sabrina was awkward on the show but the dynamic between her, Keith and Chemda that developed because of that was pretty damn entertaining.

I wonder how she would go on Myka Fox's show.

scotticus 05-19-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 843252)
Public masturbation is never in good taste, but it's kinda up to the people to decide if they are going to make a big deal of it or not. In Japan it's all about touching/looking through a females' panties on the subway.

How is this whole thread not about what WSE just said.

Sparrow 05-19-2015 07:00 PM

isn't it up to God?

Professor Subterfuge 05-19-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843259)
Just say "I didn't like this guest because..." or "I didn't like this episode because..."

LOL

Here's a thought. If Sabrina returned would the result be any different? Was it an anxious attempt at going for the funny that was her undoing? Or does she really and truly not jive with the show?

To this listener, she seemed kind of oblivious. Out of place on a podcast.

Jo_Culprit 05-19-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 843252)
I understand love and the need to be loved by a companion. But the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin. I don't hate anyone because they are gay/lesbian.

Public masturbation is never in good taste, but it's kinda up to the people to decide if they are going to make a big deal of it or not. In Japan it's all about touching/looking through a females' panties on the subway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 843274)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotticus (Post 843273)
How is this whole thread not about what WSE just said.

isn't it up to God?

I think the real question is, if God is a woman, does she wear panties?

and is WSEIII ever going to stop thinking every word in the bible is exact truth written but a magic sky deity rather than by a bunch of robed monkey people living in the sand. Also, what is sin but magic made up soul karma anyway. What a ridiculous system to shame gay people with.

Yvan 05-19-2015 07:30 PM

Liked Sabrina fine. I didn't find the over-talking annoying, to me it wasn't more than normal. She sounded inexperienced, but not closed to learning.
If I hadn't listened I wouldn't have learned Chemda likes to argue.

Eric M 05-19-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843265)
I guess I really need to spell this out. If what you're going to post is reasonable and constructive enough that you'd post it in any other show's comments without being that asshole, that's fine. What I see with this show is that people think they're empowered to shit on guests because there used to be an award. There's no award. You don't have any special powers. You're just an asshole.

Your mission is self defeating. You're trying to stop negativity but you're spreading more of it in the process. They were some throw away comments and a little call back to past KATG. You're overreacting.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn (Post 843269)
You can have the last word

That's mighty white of you.

Scumhook 05-19-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 843270)
i like you, scummy.

backatcha, birdybby <3

badthing 05-19-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 843282)
backatcha, birdybby <3

again .. perfectly fine episode .. did a relisten .. did she like stab someone? keith is laughing chemda is laughing .. serena is laughing .. I am laughing .. what the fuck war crime did I miss out on?

Scumhook 05-19-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badthing (Post 843284)
again .. perfectly fine episode .. did a relisten .. did she like stab someone? keith is laughing chemda is laughing .. serena is laughing .. I am laughing .. what the fuck war crime did I miss out on?

If you enjoyed the ep, then revel in it bby.

Each to their own, in the great green festival of love that is KATG.

Apart from that omgomgomg cunt. He can go fuck himself.

littlp 05-19-2015 09:30 PM

I enjoyed Sabrina. She did come across as a little too much a couple of times but I liked the dynamic between her and Chemda. I'd love to hear her on the show again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scumhook 05-19-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badthing (Post 843287)
my name aint bby it is Russ

OK russybby

badthing 05-19-2015 10:13 PM

goddammit!

Professor Subterfuge 05-19-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvan (Post 843277)
Liked Sabrina fine...If I hadn't listened I wouldn't have learned Chemda likes to argue.

I couldn't understand the advice she gave Chemda. Did she really suggest watching some tv show would solve crazy fundy religious parental problems?

Scumhook 05-19-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge (Post 843290)
I couldn't understand the advice she gave Chemda. Did she really suggest watching some tv show would solve crazy fundy religious parental problems?

This is a person who thought that air could go in the vagina and out the anus.

All I can think of is that her pussy must taste like shit.

Thumbnail 05-20-2015 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge (Post 843290)
I couldn't understand the advice she gave Chemda. Did she really suggest watching some tv show would solve crazy fundy religious parental problems?

THAT's what bummed me out. We've listened to Chemda struggling with her parents' acceptance for ten years. We listened to her multiple attempts to mend the relationship until she accepted that she wouldn't change her parents. She cried multiple times, in pain, over her parents' attitudes, on air, exposing feelings that would run deep for any person.

And then, someone who had a different experience and doesn't know Chemda's story comes along and goes "Hey, 40 year old who finaly doesn't give a shit, give it another go, won't ya? Some parents love their children. Mine do!".

Sabrina wouldn't show empathy towards Chemda. Maybe I'm wrong and she was lovely off air but within the context of the episode Sabrina came across as self involved.

So, in the spirit of being constructive, yes, the show had three people in it but I felt that the guest was frankly annoying and I was feeling the frustration in one of the hosts' voices, so I couldn't get over it enough to enjoy this episode.

FingerLakes 05-20-2015 08:56 AM

Ah didn't know there was so much drama in this thread.

I think she was entertaining because she got such hilarious reactions out of Chemda and Keith. But I also disagree with every opinion she had, re: Chemda and coming out and what is sexual assault. She was funny when she was just telling jokes tho

Electric Squirrel 05-20-2015 03:01 PM

I thought this was a great episode. Keith and Chemda do such a great job cutting through their guests bullshit. Sabrina kept dropping these weird little hints into her life, and rather then simply dismissing them and carrying on like most hosts would do, Keith and Chemda switch gears and interview her about these weird hints she invested me in. Just goes to show Why KatG has the best hosts out there.

Sparrow 05-20-2015 03:06 PM

there were points where the volume of their voices escalated to where Keith was adjusting the levels. Chemda got to yelling and i think to de-escalate the whole shebang she dropped down to about a whisper bringing the guests voice down with her without skipping a beat. they're brilliant and sly AF about that audio.

thirteen 05-20-2015 03:11 PM

I've been watching Sabrina Jalees for years on Canadian TV and always found her to be hilarious. She's a grower. Give her a chance. I enjoyed the episode.

thirteen 05-20-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumbnail (Post 843298)
Sabrina wouldn't show empathy towards Chemda. Maybe I'm wrong and she was lovely off air but within the context of the episode Sabrina came across as self involved.

So, in the spirit of being constructive, yes, the show had three people in it but I felt that the guest was frankly annoying and I was feeling the frustration in one of the hosts' voices, so I couldn't get over it enough to enjoy this episode.

I think Sabrina did try to be empathetic but not with an appropriate amount of understanding, given the circumstances.

She had a very normal response. I'm not saying it's right, but people always give advice based on their own experiences without understanding just how difficult it is for the person they're talking to. We know Chemda's situation inside and out because we listen to the show every day. A lot of guests don't do that. They think, because they can speak to their parents about something, everyone else can do the same thing with their own parents. It doesn't mean they're a bad person. Just someone who has to learn a few things.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger