Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2354: Bounce for Bernie (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2354-bounce-bernie-19812/)

dannyhatch 03-29-2016 04:00 PM

2354: Bounce for Bernie

with Michael and Marisela Khalili – The latest with Mandy Stadtmiller; Kris Jenner masterminded the Kim Kardashian sex tape; Jessica Lowndes joked that she was dating and engaged to Jon Lovitz; John Travolta’s hotel rider; Hugh Jackman saved drowning victims; man arrested for overdue VHS copy of Freddy Got Fingered; Republican voting shenanigans; 7-year-old dies when bouncy castle blows away

Guests:
Marisela Arias
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...as-100x100.jpg

Michael Khalili
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...li-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

89vision 03-29-2016 05:20 PM

At a caucus it's completely legal for a candidate to show up and attempt to persuade voters into supporting them.

dannyhatch 03-29-2016 07:45 PM

"'We had to remind some of our poll workers that even a president can’t go inside and work a polling place,' William F. Galvin, the Massachusetts secretary of state, said in an interview.

"'We had to remind everybody what the rules are, that there is no campaigning within 150 feet of the voting booths because people are entitled to their privacy,' Mr. Galvin said. 'And it’s not just him but his media entourage.'"

daytrip 03-29-2016 10:35 PM

Hugh Jackman is quite possibly a perfect human being... Keith's impression of the 'drowning' bystanders really struck a cord, like a bonkers modern day version of dropping a ridiculous handkerchief coquettishly. 'teeheehe save me, wolverine!'

Kat really is doing so much work for Bernie's campaign, it's inspiring.

iheartnihilism 03-30-2016 08:12 AM

Kims mom brokering her sex tape is old news. That's been said since they got a show. I really wish that whole family would drop off the face of the earth. Or at least get sterilized.

therewillbesnacks 03-30-2016 09:36 AM

That's some real petty shit coming from Mandy Stadtmiller, none of it substantiated of course. Btw if your curious, she has a score of about 20% on twitteraudit. Not sure if that's better or worse than the last time Keith mentioned it, but it's still hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89vision (Post 851779)
At a caucus it's completely legal for a candidate to show up and attempt to persuade voters into supporting them.

Except Massachusetts was a primary, not a caucus. So still super illegal. Not only was he directly in front of the polling location giving a speech (highly doubt they considered the 150ft thing, what are they really gonna do to a former president?), he was inside taking pictures and talking to voters as well. There was also this clip of voters being blocked off from voting by the motorcade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwa2vSqKPHY
I know it's old news, but seriously, fuck the Clinton machine.

In better news, Hillary flip-flopped on the New York debate thing, and agreed to debating Bernie in Brooklyn before April 19th! Guess he turned his tone around real quick, good on him!
https://berniesanders.com/press-release/17381/

Also, super happy to hear Michael, Marisela & Cat are canvassing! I've been doing calls myself, and while every little bit helps, canvassing is much more effective and you guys are the real troopers. New York's gonna be one of the toughest to win, but also the most important, right behind California. Good luck out there, and try not to let a Clinton supporter coax you into their apartment!

Eric M 03-30-2016 11:16 AM

Such a perfect description by Michael of what republicans have become in modern times. Spend all your government paid time making government work like shit and then go on a podium talking about how terrible government is even though they've made a living at it. Complain about government regulations except when they're talking about what a woman is allowed to do with her body then we need huge government watch dogs.

Sparrow 03-30-2016 04:53 PM

nope. she's just bought and beholden to the organizations pick pocketing our national wealth and individual rights. but, you're right, she sure don't hate dem niggers. we should reward that. #goldstar

Sparrow 03-30-2016 05:11 PM

sure. but i'm not willing to give her the highest office in the land because she's a different flavor of crap.

the crashing behemoth we're bowing under isn't' going to magically disappear with a democratic president either. shit is coming down the pipe no matter who sits in the seat.

Sparrow 03-30-2016 05:36 PM

those are the hot button mainstream issues he's using to rile up the 'tards. that's his strategy.

Hillary is using a different strategy. being in the wall street pocket is not something she's going to scream about. it doesn't involve or benefit the plebes or move the hearts of the left.

Sparrow 03-30-2016 05:47 PM

i'm not disagreeing that Trump is fucking bonkers, i'm disagreeing that the distance between him and Hillary makes up for how craptacular she would also be and that we should soften to her.

it's like agreeing to be stabbed in the stomach instead of the face. i can't do that with a smile.

Sparrow 03-30-2016 06:15 PM

i'm unphased and unshocked by racist bigoted conservative assholes. i live in the hot bed. he's not saying or doing anything i ain't heard before.

and he didn't sell anyone to these views; they already held them.

that you don't seem to get what a threat a Clinton administration is to things that aren't social issues is goofy. she's not bloviating like a fucking cow, but that doesn't mean she's a safe or smart choice.

Sparrow 03-30-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 851818)

I understand that you prefer bernie, he seems sensible to me.

didn't say i supported Bernie. i don't dislike Bernie, but i don't hail him as our savior.

basically i have zero faith in the election process. it's exhausting and brings out the worst in /everybody/. we put ourselves at odds with our neighbors for over a year every other year. our empire is falling. it won't not fall. there's no getting back to "great" and nobody wins.

daytrip 03-30-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 851805)
I think he is secretly gay and too afraid to come out, but maybe it's just me.

Even if he is, it's not that like his personal life is any of my business. Still think he's crazy talented and practically perfect. Have you seen his Gaston-off with Luke Evans?

I hope that his final go around as Wolverine is good, Deadpool just raised the bar pretty high for superhero movies.

Keith 03-30-2016 07:42 PM

Hugh Jackman as president is weird because...

My head is spinning.

Sparrow 03-31-2016 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 851826)
It's really not that I want Hilary, I just don't want any one of the Republican crazies to be president.

this. this right here is the choice we've been making for decades. i'm sick to death of folks being surprised "picking the lesser of two evils" hasn't turned out so well and even more sick that we keep doing it with a shrug.

maybe i don't want ICP running my shit, but it doesn't make Scrooge McDuck a finer candidate. it's forced perspective at best.

Lanfear 03-31-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 851830)
this. this right here is the choice we've been making for decades. i'm sick to death of folks being surprised "picking the lesser of two evils" hasn't turned out so well and even more sick that we keep doing it with a shrug.

maybe i don't want ICP running my shit, but it doesn't make Scrooge McDuck a finer candidate. it's forced perspective at best.

That's why I really hope that maybe this whole clusterfuck shakes up your guys two party system enough to allow new parties to be viable in the next years.

Sparrow 03-31-2016 08:10 AM

it's too profitable for us to do much about it. until the money is out of it, we're fucking stuck. it'll /start/ with overturning Citizens United, but just that battle will take some time.

fixing whatever this is will take generations. that's the time scale we have to start working on. we gotta set up a long game and so far, nobody's got a good long game.*

*because the rats leaving the sinking ship are hoarding as much as they can before jumping.

Lanfear 03-31-2016 08:13 AM

You will never take the money out of it - capitalism works and will always influence politics.
But you can try and work on the voting system maybe? Right now both of the big parties should be super scared because things don't work the way they planned or wanted them to.

I watched a really cool video series on voting systems a few years ago - because everything is better with cute animals :D

Sparrow 03-31-2016 08:23 AM

it's also unfair all around that conservative politics and evangelical Christianity have meshed faces. they are the same. the Church has gripped the State. it's real. it's happening. moderate republicans votes right now come with unconstitutional and undignified rhetoric and policy.

Jesus was not a fiscal conservative. he didn't carry a weapon. and he never charged for healthcare. but the GOP made him their poster boy.

it's not a celebration on any of the other sides either. all reasonable people are in a bind.

Sparrow 03-31-2016 12:50 PM

at the end of the day, everyone and everything is being exploited. PR and marketing manipulation of everything you hold sacred is how the sausage gets made.

we're not gonna get better b/c the story we're creating is only about Winning or perceiving to have Won. Donald set fire to this thing by doing little more than calling us all Losers. what does that say about us?

My Sweaty Balls 03-31-2016 04:58 PM

Word is the dude that Hugh was helping in the vid actually came over to help Hugh's daughter. Hugh was just steadying him.

Then Hugh's son was taken to shore by a Bondi lifesaver.

The beach was closed due to dangerous conditions.

Headline should have been - Strangers prevent Wolverine from drowning own children.

Sent from my foam - stupid auto correct.

MichaelApproved 03-31-2016 07:43 PM

Sarah Silverman does a good job explaining why she's voting for Bernie.