Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2890: Enterprising Young Women w/ Calvin Cato (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2890-enterprising-young-women-w-calvin-cato-21081/)

Michael's Servant 06-26-2018 10:59 PM

2890: Enterprising Young Women w/ Calvin Cato

Confronting racism; hard living; dating and family; detained immigrants forced to say America’s Pledge of Allegiance; President Trump vs. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, California Congresswoman Maxine Waters, The Red Hen restaurant, and Jimmy Fallon; white CEO calls police on black girl selling water; AMC vs. MoviePass; Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom reviewed

Guest:
Calvin Cato
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...TO-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

BethMetal 06-27-2018 04:27 AM

Hiya

Great show! Just like I remember. I listened to you guys years ago (~2010ish) but kinda drifted away (sry!) But you popped into my head this morning and here you are, Chemda's still cool AF, Keith's still angry, all is well. ;-)

Think I need catching up on a few things though!

Stay awesome!

Much love from the UK
Beth
#FuckTrump

Keith 06-27-2018 02:35 PM

Everything you ate was the cheapest shit even worse than a microwaveable steak. You didn’t live in the greatest city on earth where they made $1 shitty pizza slices. One day you wanted to treat yourself.

Mermaid 06-27-2018 04:02 PM

What cut of steak were you getting for cheap?

I feel like the cost of a steak isn't worth it when funds are that low. Especially when I consider how trash a microwave steak probably tastes in comparison to other things.

One $5 dollar microwave steak could have been a week or more worth of rice and beans. Or even a week's worth of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

You needed some equally broke college friends to teach you the way. I knew quite a few microwave dorm room "chefs" lol

Keith 06-27-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid (Post 869004)
One $5 dollar microwave steak could have been a week or more worth of rice and beans. Or even a week's worth of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Of course. I wanted a Me Day.

Are you even TRYING to understand?

A week of rice and beans? But you could have just bought dry noodles and butter...

Yes, but I wanted to feel human.

astrokahn 06-27-2018 05:10 PM

My local theater is jumping on the movie pass bandwagon too. Ahh yeeeeeeah

Mermaid 06-27-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 869005)
Of course. I wanted a Me Day.

Are you even TRYING to understand?

A week of rice and beans? But you could have just bought dry noodles and butter...

Yes, but I wanted to feel human.

Your experience with rice and beans is likely different than mine.

Rice and beans are comfort foods down here. It's a legit hearty meal. Something we look forward to. Any kind of beans (Lima, black eye peas, red beans), rice and a cheap cut of salted meat for seasoning.

It's an experience.

You can make the poor man's version without the meat in the microwave with the right seasonings.

Not at all comparable to butter and noodles.

Sparrow 06-27-2018 10:30 PM

toss a couple bay leaves in there, turn on your crock pot, and step out. jesus mary and joseph rice and beans are the em effing gosh darn be all end all of being hugged from the inside.

quesh: does a visit to Poundtown come with a Keith Malley prepared dinner? do you apron up?

Keith 06-27-2018 11:03 PM

In my motel room I could have just took some rice and beans, bay leaves, turn on my crock pot...

Aye carumba...

And yes, Pound Town serves beef AND actual food. We Blue Apron it around these parts.

SpareBen 06-28-2018 09:54 AM

Is there a category for best rape joke? Cos that Starburst moment is a gem.