Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2896: Independance Day w/ Matteo Lane (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2896-independance-day-w-matteo-lane-21091/)

Keith 07-06-2018 06:02 PM

2896: Independance Day w/ Matteo Lane

Life, love, and good carbonara; impressions: Evan Williams, Joe Machi, and Wendy Williams; London's Baby Trump blimp; Howard Stern's evolution; James Woods vs. his agent; Trump's deliberate grammar mistakes; top 10 smartest and dumbest states; Joey Chestnut vs. hotdogs; Ghost Adventures and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe; Pride

Guest:
Matteo Lane
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...EO-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

thirteen 07-07-2018 12:14 PM

I died laughing when Matteo said "Rich" as Rich Vos.

So many laugh-out-loud moments.

Enunciated Piffle 07-07-2018 12:24 PM

I voted Top 10 Dumbest before I heard the list read. Montana was not actually on the list. Shocked the hell outta me.

You know what though? My vote was accurate. Montana is sparsely populated. This means that the high percentage of dum dums is less than like W. Virginia’s dummies in that there’s just more fools running around over there.

By fools, I mean ignorant people looking to vote Trump. Again.

(Side note) some of us live in Dum Dumville because it’s gorgeous country. That liberal bubble exists in every state I’ve traveled through. They provide community and culture. They’re micro, (not big time NYC level) but they’re enough.

Living in ‘Murca is weird but it also gives you strange insight. Like why we’re essentially fucked as a nation.

Archimedes_Screw 07-07-2018 12:33 PM

Mateo is getting married! So happy for him.

Sparrow 07-07-2018 12:41 PM

Atlanta is generally our saving grace when balancing idiots to normal people. i’ll defend the Mountain and even the coastal areas, but our plains region is a wasteland of rural bumpkinocity and delicious blueberries.

astrokahn 07-08-2018 10:37 AM

I thought Texas would be among the dumbest but they also have Austin, Dallas and SA, with the highest concentration of Universities and tech and diversity and bla bla bla. Austin is a pretty rad place. So I voted somewhere in the middle. But I'm probably wrong.

FingerLakes 07-08-2018 04:09 PM

if going to college was an accurate measurement of intelligence, doctors, lawyers and judges, who all have to go an additional 8-10 years of schooling, would be the smartest people in the world. The many experiences shared on the show about brainless doctors and the various examples of racist/homophobic judges, lawyers and law-makers show that being book-smart doesn't save you from being a fucking idiot

Keith 07-08-2018 05:20 PM

But they didn't go by the MOST schooling. They went by the percentage of schooling period.

I think it's the same reason employers like people that were in the military. It doesn't matter what your degree is in, it's just good to know that you were around different people for a good period of time. It makes you smarter. And I believe it can easily affect a state's mentality. You can complain about the way the list was made, but why does the finished list happen to make perfect sense?

Beth Yaz-Pistachio 07-10-2018 08:19 AM

Sure, yeah. A nice carbonara.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 869356)
He is one of my favorite guests

Me too!

That carbonara thing was so great.

"It's either peas or pieces of ham."

{dead silence}
{death stare at Keith for SURE}

Me: AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

Matteo is so wonderful.

megaheckahella 07-10-2018 04:36 PM

Matteo is the bees’ knees

Matteo is my FAVORITE! Such a delight. Also, thanks for the NYC Italian Food tip! My husband and I are going to New York in January, and naturally assumed the best Italian food would be in Little Italy. Now we have a great list to work with — I’m so excited! More food recommendations would be most welcome (staying in East Village, then near Grand Central). We are coming from the SF Bay Area so we get our fill of seafood, California whine country cuisine, and kickass Mexican food. We want to try ALL THE THINGS. Give us culture. Help us think outside of our wine box!