Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3024: For the Birds w/ Joe Pontillo (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3024-birds-w-joe-pontillo-21355/)

Michael's Servant 02-12-2019 09:00 PM

3024: For the Birds w/ Joe Pontillo

Your parents on social media; Dave Assman not allowed his name on his license plate; Joe owns 7 birds; Justin Bieber's celibacy and marriage to Hailey Baldwin; best man speeches

Guest:
Joe Pontillo
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...LO-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Bucho 02-13-2019 01:46 AM

Why so dang short?!?

I mean, a sub-40 was forgivable back when you guys had do save time for my beloved Silent Trailers, but since that's on hiatus, what's the excuse, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

In other feedback, the "My Parents Want Me To Have a Kid and the Kid Murder Me" section was magnificent.

Bucho 02-13-2019 01:55 AM

Wait ... you guys followed up this 36 minute show with a 2 HOUR SHOW with Ashley Brooke Roberts' fella that's only on YouTube?

Archimedes_Screw 02-13-2019 06:10 AM

Firmer softer firmer softer firmer softer firmer softer!

invader 02-13-2019 09:00 AM

I use to worked at a pet store and met a woman who had a parrot who would hurl racial slurs at her husband. She wanted to know if there was a way to make birds forget words. She also claimed she had no idea where the bird learned that word.

A few weeks later a man came in angrily buying a ton of bird food. Slamming it down on the counter. I ask if, "everything is okay?" He answers, "all this fucking money I spend on this damn bird. Do you know what it calls me!?"

Laughed till there were tears in my eyes.

Brittany 02-13-2019 09:21 AM

The Birds

Chemda was going in on him about his birds! She seemed so confused as to why anyone would have a pet bird. I laughed so hard!!

SpareBen 02-13-2019 10:34 AM

Quick reminder that the Bieber podcast hosted by Rosebud Baker & Corinne Fisher is very entertaining even if you're only vaguely interested in the Biebs. Petey Deabreu was a recent guest.

Keith 02-13-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittany (Post 873598)
Chemda was going in on him about his birds! She seemed so confused as to why anyone would have a pet bird. I laughed so hard!!

You own 7 pet birds?

Archimedes_Screw 02-13-2019 10:41 AM

My grandma had an African gray parrot that’d always call me a dick. He flew a little too close to the Great Dane. That dog ate him so damn fast lol

Svage 02-13-2019 08:45 PM

7 birds is excessive. I have one. And two cats. Am I excessive?

Keith 02-13-2019 09:24 PM

Why is every normal person almost hoping to be called excessive?

LoopyLou79 02-14-2019 04:19 AM

Birds

I’ve always wanted a cock-a-too but I just know it would pair with Mr Loopy and drive me insane with jealousy.

LoopyLou79 02-14-2019 12:48 PM

The Dream

[QUOTE=Lord of the Cock Rings;873620]I also want a cockatoo but only to see it do this. If I got one that didn't like to dance, I'd be so disappointed.

I’ve spent all day at work looking at bird videos, this would be my dream. If it could tell people to “get the fuck out” when they entered my living room that would be even better.

The video Andrea shared on Instagram of iggy pop reignited a childhood dream.

Jenni 02-14-2019 03:59 PM

No to 1 bird never mind 7!

I took my one year old into a pet shop a few weeks ago to look at the animals and it just hit me while I was standing there how horribly weird and cruel it would be to keep a bird as a pet. Like seriously how do you sit and watch it in a cage all day and not feel guilty! I can understand most pets but not a bird!

Lanfear 02-14-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni (Post 873623)
No to 1 bird never mind 7!

I took my one year old into a pet shop a few weeks ago to look at the animals and it just hit me while I was standing there how horribly weird and cruel it would be to keep a bird as a pet. Like seriously how do you sit and watch it in a cage all day and not feel guilty! I can understand most pets but not a bird!

I never had a bird as a pet but if you treat it right honestly how much worse is that compared to a dog or a cat?
Holding either of these in an apartment all fucking day is not a natural behavior.

I mean who knows how he treats these birds if they only let them out once a week to fly but I know bird owners that have big enough cages and let their parakeets out regularly to fly and stretch their wings and actually parakeets in the wild exist in big flocks so having a few of them together is probably a good thing.

So either go crazy on condemning all pets and actually all farm animals as well or admit that we as humans do shit to the environment and as long as we try to make it the least harmful we can it’s kinda ok.

Jenni 02-15-2019 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 873624)
I never had a bird as a pet but if you treat it right honestly how much worse is that compared to a dog or a cat?
Holding either of these in an apartment all fucking day is not a natural behavior.

I mean who knows how he treats these birds if they only let them out once a week to fly but I know bird owners that have big enough cages and let their parakeets out regularly to fly and stretch their wings and actually parakeets in the wild exist in big flocks so having a few of them together is probably a good thing.

So either go crazy on condemning all pets and actually all farm animals as well or admit that we as humans do shit to the environment and as long as we try to make it the least harmful we can it’s kinda ok.

Okay so forgive me for simplifying it but for me its just the difference between flying and walking. You can take a dog to the park or a field and let it run around for hours and that's all its ever wanted to do.

Can you really let a bird fly outside? Like up in the trees. I just don't see flying around the house never seeing the sky as the same thing.

Then again Ive never owned a bird so I don't know what they really need or want from life. I'm sure he knows a lot more than me.

I wont go crazy and condemn all pets because every animal is different. Their needs and history of domestication all change how we should treat them.

Oh and I fully agree that humans do all kinds of shit to the environment and we just need to try our best to slightly reduce our own impact.

Lanfear 02-15-2019 04:43 AM

Oh absolutely I agree with both of you but you are both probably great pet owners.
I am just not convinced that most dog owners take an hour each day to let their dog run in a field without a leash for an hour each day. And a lot of cats never get to go outside ever.

Svage 02-15-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 873614)
Why is every normal person almost hoping to be called excessive?

I'm not tho, I'm just asking to be judged.

punk'n 02-15-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 873640)
Oh absolutely I agree with both of you but you are both probably great pet owners.
I am just not convinced that most dog owners take an hour each day to let their dog run in a field without a leash for an hour each day. And a lot of cats never get to go outside ever.

Indoor cats live, on average, 7 years longer than other cats. I know there's a big difference on how Americans and Europeans see this issue but most cat people here don't let their cats outside unless they live on a farm or something. In the city they just get exposed to way to many elements (disease, weather, animals, cars, etc).

They sleep 20 hours a day anyway. I don't think they mind.

jcro21 02-15-2019 05:08 PM

I lived with this bird for about a year (roomate's pet)

<-----------------------

We had good times. I worked from home a lot and would take the bird out of the cage when I woke up. He would sing while he tore up newspaper I laid around him.

If you're gonna get a bird, you gotta let them out of the cage for more than 1 hour per day. And I think in general an ethical way to go as a pet owner (from someone who's never owned a pet) is to adopt pets that need homes.

I can't imagine living with 7 birds without being totally gung-ho about it, get a grip Joe

Bucho 02-15-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 873648)
Indoor cats live, on average, 7 years longer than other cats. I know there's a big difference on how Americans and Europeans see this issue but most cat people here don't let their cats outside unless they live on a farm or something. In the city they just get exposed to way to many elements (disease, weather, animals, cars, etc).

They sleep 20 hours a day anyway. I don't think they mind.

Exactamundo. As long as they have sunbeams to lie in and lasagna to eat cats need nothing else in life.