Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3151: Hustlers w/ Bianca Brady (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3151-hustlers-w-bianca-brady-21559/)

Keith 09-15-2019 06:49 PM

3151: Hustlers w/ Bianca Brady

Narcing on grocery stores; Felicity Huffman’s 14-day jail sentence; Jersey Shore’s The Situation released from prison; SNL, Bown Yang, Shane Gillis, The Hollywood Reporter, and Joel Kim Booster; the Lovers of Modena were both men; The New York Times and Brett Kavanaugh’s new sexual assault allegation; Creative Arts Emmy Awards; the end of MoviePass; Hustlers and IT Chapters 1 and 2 reviewed

Guest:
Bianca Brady
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...DY-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 09-15-2019 07:54 PM

Lorne passed on James Adomian. Fuck Lorne.

Archimedes_Screw 09-15-2019 08:41 PM

Y’all are getting off easy with the Lopez movie. I have to watch Downton Abbey next weekend and there’s a strict no snide remarks rule in effect.

Keith 09-15-2019 08:59 PM

Why do people WANT someone not into it to come along? Is everyone that afraid to sit quietly alone in a theater? Your partner will look lame?

“A ticket for 1?! You couldn’t even DRAAAG a loved one along?!”

Bucho 09-16-2019 03:08 AM

Kind of mean of you guys to make the rest of the week's guests have to follow Bianca.

Only 2 things would have made this ep more perfect.

1. You don't stop Chemda while Chemda's in full Magical Magnificent Movie Chemda Mode ... althoooooough Chemda had me grinning so hard by that point I was in danger of pulling a face muscle, so maybe it wasn't all bad Keith pulled the brake on that.

2. It should've been 7+ hours long.

Archimedes_Screw 09-16-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 878198)
Why do people WANT someone not into it to come along? Is everyone that afraid to sit quietly alone in a theater? Your partner will look lame?

“A ticket for 1?! You couldn’t even DRAAAG a loved one along?!”

Sending this to my wife.

FingerLakes 09-16-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 878198)
Why do people WANT someone not into it to come along? Is everyone that afraid to sit quietly alone in a theater? Your partner will look lame?”

Yes.
Mother fuckers are so afraid to be judged as lonely or Forever Single for going to "date locations" alone. I used to feel bad that I couldn't get friends to join me for movies that I knew they would enjoy but THEN I went to fucking CoDA and learned to do shit by and for myself. I have a coworker who won't go to the beach alone because "the beach is for couples."

jcro21 09-16-2019 09:48 AM

Fucking comedy fucking assholes.

I love how everyone defending Shane Gillis online is talking about how FUNNY he is. Like, it's ok that he's doing a "What's the deal with Asian people" shtick because it's sooooooooo funny. If you don't get it you have no sense of humor and have no business saying what's FUNNY or not because only I know what's really FUNNY and this guy is FUNNY.

Fucking wankers. Hopefully the silver lining to all of this is that people will finally move on from SNL, what a dogshit show.

jcro21 09-16-2019 09:50 AM

Also I believe that Shane's jew comment was directed towards presidential candidate Andrew Yang and not Bowen Yang.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...y-saying-slurs

Keith 09-16-2019 09:55 AM

I look forward to Shane correcting the situation. "No no no no, I was referring to presidential candidate..."

FingerLakes 09-16-2019 10:19 AM

re:chemda ruining booze for kids

There was an AITA I listened to recently and some wife told the management at a restaurant that a mother was sharing her margarita with her teenage daughter of a dubious age and that family got kicked out. That mother was definitely the asshole. I don't think Chemda was being an asshole here, but you should def put this up on the reddit to be sure.

Also can you share the name of this drink? I love a cheap sugary booze

punk'n 09-16-2019 10:48 AM

Hustlers was fucking GREAT.
It was fantastic. I would watch it 100 times. I loved it. You're wrong.

The Girl 09-16-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldo mcgee (Post 878220)
Bianca, I will gladly split the cost of the Bianca Movie Pass to keep Chemda from ever going into a theater again. She hates them but enjoys shit-talking, yelling and laughing at horrible movies.

We can only do this at home from now on. I'll show up with movie theater popcorn and it will be the best time ever... at home.

Fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpareBen 09-16-2019 12:22 PM

Andrew Yang is a classy guy.

"racial epithets hurt, but in the case of comedians, words should be taken in a different light."

Keith 09-16-2019 12:26 PM

SpareBen, Defender of the Downtrodden

AstoriaGirl 09-16-2019 12:27 PM

Fuck you keith, both parts of It are fantastic and perfection.

Newsy 09-16-2019 12:36 PM

I.. Great episode! I agree with Bianca, I'll pay for Chemda to not see movies.

dr.chode 09-16-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 878197)
Y’all are getting off easy with the Lopez movie. I have to watch Downton Abbey next weekend and there’s a strict no snide remarks rule in effect.

I annoy my wife by loudly singing Downtown by Petula Clark when she's watching that show.

bag of lazers 09-16-2019 01:03 PM

Are y'all insane? I'd pay for Chemda to see more movies! These are the best reviews ever!

IDK what to pick on the poll; I go to the movies but only the big splashy popcorn flicks like Marvel and Star Wars that I'm really stoked for.

jcro21 09-16-2019 04:47 PM

aaaaaaand he's fired

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/16/2...phobic-remarks

FingerLakes 09-16-2019 04:56 PM

how long until his netflix special "ching chong chriggered" and 3 hour interview with Joe Rogan?

Lanfear 09-16-2019 08:07 PM

Rachel Green is best buddies with the official stripper consultant for Hustlers, she also is a standup so she would be super interesting to have on the show anyway.

Her insta is Jacq the Stripper

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1-VVCpF...d=adqb9g9p6d9c

Jo_Culprit 09-16-2019 09:25 PM

When I hear different podcasts cover the same news (in the case of Shane Gillis) I'm always so surprised in the difference of perspective.
I feel like if I didn't listen to Keith and the Girl it would be very easy to just fall into that opposite echo chamber, mainly cause, as a listener you're never chasing down any individual story and reading related articles that much.

I'll post a the clip I just heard when it's up. I'm always so baffled such a difference in perspective and such a degree polarization exists. It feels like internet discussion a lot of times doesn't bring people to common ground or a resolution??

After hearing the clip, I think Shane Gillis has internalized racism, even if her is saying that 'he's doing an impression' of people back in the day segregating the area as 'Chinatown'.

... maybe it's silly of me to want a resolution to the difference in opinion all the time idk. Sometimes I just want Keith and Chemda to be on those other podcasts or vice versa exchanging points.

Keith 09-16-2019 10:24 PM

Did they play the clips and read what he typed?

How WOULDN’T I be on the side of being controversial? Because it was anger.

Is it internalized? Okay.

Jo_Culprit 09-17-2019 01:02 AM

This section of TFATK podcast.
https://youtu.be/312g8CJC0pU?t=3129

They don't bring up Bowen Yang and I don't think the notepad apology from Shane Gillis is read here.

It feels like they are jumping too quick on 'cancel culture', because they didn't agree with the language used and as the episode goes on it's almost like half an argument is made that Shane Gillis was being racist.

On a separate note, Keith, I should really give you and Chemda props on the Louie CK thing btw.

There's been this huge softening of the narrative with what Louie CK actually did. To the point where a lot of comedians I hear on podcasts seem to think he just jerked off in front of girls only with permission granted. That's a huge difference from the full story and it really effects what people judge as an appropriate recompense and what CK should do now. Every other podcast I listen to except KATG has skirted by details and played into the softened narrative.

jcro21 09-17-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit (Post 878248)
I'm always so baffled such a difference in perspective and such a degree polarization exists. It feels like internet discussion a lot of times doesn't bring people to common ground or a resolution??

Welcome to America! It's the exact same situation in our political arena. While lots of common ground does exist between the left and the right (like we don't want to keep getting boned from our healthcare system), public discourse is totally centered on the differences, which works to keep us all pissed off at each other constantly.

And similarly to politics, the main difference is between people who want a free pass to say whatever racist shit is in their brains and people who don't like racists. Interesting that so many comedians are willing to die on the racism-is-good hill (I guess it's lucrative).

starscream 09-22-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 878246)
Rachel Green is best buddies with the official stripper consultant for Hustlers, she also is a standup so she would be super interesting to have on the show anyway.

Her insta is Jacq the Stripper

Not sure they're going to get her now...

If they did though, the director is one of the funniest people I've ever known. (Not that you can tell from her movies.) So get her too while you're at it.

Keith 09-22-2019 08:07 PM

Tell her Starscream said she’s one of the best

Scorpion 09-26-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 878222)
Fair

No! No!
More movies for Chemda, please. Once a week is enough. Any movie doesn't matter.

Ok so reality TV style Chemda and Keith review the same movie but like a reality show confession, neither knows what the other says until after, could be another podcast for Bianca....! VIP Baby!