Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3239: Super Tuesday w/ Adrienne Iapalucci (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3239-super-tuesday-w-adrienne-iapalucci-21748/)

Keith 03-02-2020 06:01 PM

3239: Super Tuesday w/ Adrienne Iapalucci

Keith vs. children with black belts; estranged family; Super Tuesday and not voting; Billy Idol’s idling campaign; Hot Pockets heiress gets 5 months in college admissions scandal; pregnancy and women’s ages

Guest:
Adrienne Iapalucci
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...NA-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 03-02-2020 06:25 PM

Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Sparrow 03-02-2020 08:44 PM

Chemda, allow me to sing the praise of the Nexplanon implant. it took 5 minutes to just pop into my arm at the doctor, it was effective immediately, and it lasts 3 years in which time Bear can get his vasectomy. i’m regularly full of cum and happy as a lark. highly recommend.

bonus: i do not get a period anymore.

Archimedes_Screw 03-02-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 881772)
Chemda, allow me to sing the praise of the Nexplanon implant. it took 5 minutes to just pop into my arm at the doctor, it was effective immediately, and it lasts 3 years in which time Bear can get his vasectomy. i’m regularly full of cum and happy as a lark. highly recommend.

bonus: i do not get a period anymore.

The best comment ever.

porky2468 03-03-2020 04:59 AM

I hate when people don't vote because they "know" how the vote is going to go. That's one of the reasons Brexit happened, and I'm still mad about it.

Lanfear 03-03-2020 05:38 AM

Ugh this is hard to listen to.
How can you still in 2020 feel so incredibly proud to talk about not voting.

Peterda 03-03-2020 06:20 AM

There's only one thing to do now.. vote, vote, vote!

NotARegularMom 03-03-2020 06:38 AM

Chemda can definitely get pregnant. We are the same age and I have several friends who are/were pregnant with surprises in their 40’s. I would consider taking one more injection and letting Xerxes get set up for a surgery. I think after the procedure he still has 30 days to make sure it worked.

porky2468 03-03-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 881779)
Ugh this is hard to listen to.
How can you still in 2020 feel so incredibly proud to talk about not voting.

I have a friend like that and I can't talk to her about stuff like that because I get angry. Even people who say they won't vote because they don't like the options. In that case, go and spoil your ballot! If you don't then no one will know that you don't think the options are good enough.

Hera 03-03-2020 08:04 AM

Does Adrienne not know about absentee ballots?

Sparrow 03-03-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotARegularMom (Post 881783)
think after the procedure he still has 30 days to make sure it worked.

after 6 or 8 weeks you go back in and they test your sperm count. for those 6 or 8 weeks you can’t safely bury loads in any snack boxes.

FingerLakes 03-03-2020 09:44 AM

As annoying as her political apathy was, I found her nonchalance to getting pregnant, her own body AND Chemda's body to be even more fucking grating on my nerves.
Like. Fuck. What does she care about?

skyelo 03-03-2020 10:17 AM

Episodes like this make me excited for Last Week on KATG!

porky2468 03-03-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 881787)
As annoying as her political apathy was, I found her nonchalance to getting pregnant, her own body AND Chemda's body to be even more fucking grating on my nerves.
Like. Fuck. What does she care about?

I'm not up to the pregnancy part yet, but listening to her "talk about her childhood". I could probably wait another 10 years to listen to her again.

FingerLakes 03-03-2020 11:01 AM

"A lot to take in"

:D:D:D

Rufio 03-03-2020 02:35 PM

Maybe I missed it but why are condoms not an option?

lizsquiz 03-03-2020 02:59 PM

+1 to the Nexplanon. I've had that thing for 9 years. I love my tiny arm robot and sing its praises daily.

A woman's body will find it easier to fall pregnant if it's been pregnant before. This is why second, third kids are typically much easier to conceive than first children. It's like there is a switch in the uterus that's like "babymaking mode now ACTIVE". Since Chemda has been pregnant before, she's probably more likely to fall pregnant than a woman her same age who has never been pregnant because that switch has been activated.

Scorpion 03-03-2020 03:27 PM

No baby

My mom was 39 when she got pregnant with me
I was 6 months old when her friend came to her crying because she just discovered she was pregnant. Her friend had already started menopause and was 44 years old
That doctor, in my opinion, is being very negligent even suggesting she can't get pregnant without being sure.

skyelo 03-03-2020 06:41 PM

It’s not much of debate, fertility rates are super low at 44.

https://www.webmd.com/infertility-an...cesses-are-few

Keith 03-03-2020 07:52 PM

Would you finish in a 44 year old on the first date if she was cool with it?

Scorpion 03-03-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 881799)
Would you finish in a 44 year old on the first date if she was cool with it?

Is there a knife to my throat?

skyelo 03-03-2020 08:45 PM

I’m a woman so it’s hard for me to make that call but I’m 38 and unless we had unprotected sex during the three or so days a month I’m ovulating, I wouldn’t be worried about pregnancy. Im not trying to be a contrarian or down play Chemda concern, if anything this info can help her make the best decision for her body. Since the risk is low she may just skip 5 days of full on sex instead of subjecting herself to hormonal birth control options.

Scorpion 03-03-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyelo (Post 881800)
...<Chemda> may just skip 5 days of full on sex ...

Did you listen to the show last year? :rolleyes: I don't think that is a real option...

skyelo 03-03-2020 08:53 PM

That’s up to them- they have a lot of options and with a 1.6% chance of getting pregnant at age 44, the risk is super low with whatever they choose.

This is good news!!

Sparrow 03-04-2020 04:36 AM

sperm can live up to five days in our lady system. also, our bodies can double barrel it and launch more than one egg per cycle on occasion, especially here at the end of our fertility. you could miss one and fire straight into another. the rhythm method is not reliable for folks who don’t want kids.

skyelo 03-04-2020 05:00 AM

Even if they don’t choose the rhythm method, there’s a less than 2% chance of getting pregnant at age 44. Her options are limitless! I haven’t been on a hormonal birth control in years and I really love that for my body. It sounds like your birth control choice is a gift for your body. I’m so glad women have these choices since everyone is different! Based on the responses I’ve received, most people on this thread would prefer the woman is on hormonal birth controls- it reduces the already low risk even further. I support that! Do what you want with your body!

I think part of making good decisions is having all the information.

porky2468 03-04-2020 05:35 AM

2% isn't small. That's 1 in 50.

panicBoy 03-04-2020 05:45 AM

Couldn’t really hang with this guest. Just insanely self-centered and apathetic towards anything that isn’t directly in front of her face. Is there a worst old guest category? It’s so fatiguing to listen to someone who cares so little without a strong enough POV to back it up or make it funny.

And a vasectomy is cake. It’s so fast and simple.

Sparrow 03-04-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyelo (Post 881813)

I think part of making good decisions is having all the information.

i agree! thank you for sharing your experience. the strong hormonal ebb and flow of arousal during ovulation does fucking rock. egg wet is somethin’ special.

but, we’re speaking to Chemda who has known high anxiety around pregnancy risk. so far as patient care goes, i wouldn’t recommend this method to her.

flerchin 03-04-2020 07:35 AM

Fair fights are made between fighters of the same weight. Keith would outweigh most 10 year olds by 100 pounds at least. His strategy of picking them up and thrashing against the wall would be especially effective.

The one and only chance the 10 year olds would have is to kick out Keith's knees. Gonna be hard for Keith to do the thrashing if he can't stand.

I voted for Bernie yesterday. Get the fuck outta here with not voting.

Keith 03-04-2020 08:12 AM

I’ll wear targets on my knees. Let ‘em try, these fuckin’ idiots!

shoebootie 03-04-2020 09:23 AM

another birth control recommendation here!

I love my Mirena IUD. I know experiences vary from person to person with this, but it's been a dream for me. No more periods, no more cramps, it lasts 5 years, insertion was easy peasy, and best of all no pregnancy. 10/10 do recommend.

Sparrow 03-04-2020 09:28 AM

right on! more praise for IUDs: they have a non-hormonal option, Paragard.

Lanfear 03-04-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 881828)
another birth control recommendation here!

I love my Mirena IUD. I know experiences vary from person to person with this, but it's been a dream for me. No more periods, no more cramps, it lasts 5 years, insertion was easy peasy, and best of all no pregnancy. 10/10 do recommend.

Seconded, I love my Mirena

thirteen 03-04-2020 11:22 AM

Just going to leave this here:

https://humanparts.medium.com/men-ca...i=a34a4d7a129c

Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies

"Our conversation about abortion places the burden of responsibility on women. I argue men are the root cause."

It's an interesting take on the matter, and mentions fertility as well:

"A woman’s egg is only fertile for about two days each month. Yes, there are exceptions, because nature. But one egg which is fertile two days each month is the baseline. And those fertile eggs are produced for a limited number of years. This means, on average, women are fertile for about 24 days per year.

But men are fertile 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory, a man could cause 1000+ unwanted pregnancies in just one year. While it’s true that sperm gets crappier as men age, it doesn’t have a fertility expiration date; men can cause unwanted pregnancies from puberty until death."

littlp 03-04-2020 01:02 PM

Thank you Chemda for calling Adrienne our on her ridiculous “I’ll wait and see” notion about having children or not. It is terrifying that she thinks it is ok to be so blaze about it “one week I’m ok with having a kid the next week not so much”. A child is an 18 year minimum commitment, more if the child is special needs. You can’t bring a life into this world with this wishy washy attitude. I say this as a foster parent taking care of kids who are a result of this thinking. As a social worker working with older adults who have issues due to this kind of thinking-feeling abandoned and unloved and not a priority. This is something that will cost hundred of
Thousands of dollars. And abortions aren’t easy on your body either. It is just flabbergasting to me to have that kind of attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klw9 03-04-2020 01:27 PM

I am screaming listening to this episode. One, she is driving me crazy. Two, the attitude about voting is so upsetting.

Three: I have 4 kids. 3 babies that I gave birth too, and one step daughter.

To be clear, I have had no medical intervention, all I did was have sex on purpose with no protection for a few months... I had a baby at 28 years old, 42 years old, and 45 years old!!! No help, just sex. Totally normal thing to happen. Chemda, and all other old bitches: Don't listen to her! Infertility or fertility can happen at any age, until you for sure go through menopause. OH MY GOD.

Whew, had to get that off my chest. Also, my husband was then going to schedule a vasectomy after our last baby. But I ended up needing a c section, so they just tied my tubes while I was already in surgery. He was very thankful for that turn of events! ;)

invader 03-04-2020 02:04 PM

I'm going to say I really enjoyed Adrienne and her apathy.

shoebootie 03-05-2020 08:42 AM

Additionally, as you get older and are getting closer to menopause, your egg quality decreases, but you're also more likely to ovulate more eggs at once, like your body is throwing out all the eggs it possibly can, a going-out-of-business sale. So if you do happen to get pregnant at an older age, there's a possibility for more complications for the mom, a higher chance of that child having special needs, and who knows - maybe you end up with a multiple-birth. Not a risk I'd want to take in my 40's if I'm wishy-washy about having kids in the first place. That's not the risk to take with a "take it or leave it" attitude about an accidental pregnancy.

Sparrow 03-05-2020 11:05 AM

gonna make a couple of book recommendations i found helpful in understanding the nuts and bolts of fertility:

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Woman: an Intimate Geography by Natalie Angier