Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3310: Pandemic of the Mind w/ Frank Conniff (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3310-pandemic-mind-w-frank-conniff-21927/)

Keith 08-21-2020 04:30 PM

3310: Pandemic of the Mind w/ Frank Conniff

Newspapers vs. online news; pandemic single living and health woes; Bin Laden killer Robert O’Neill’s anti-mask humor; sexting the wrong person; homophobe Thom Brennaman’s hot mic; Sesame Place violent anti-maskers caught; Jena Friedman’s Brock Turner RNC tweet; Steve Bannon arrested over $25 million We Build the Wall scam; Ellen Degeneres grants staff paid time for doctors appointments

Guest:
Frank Conniff
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...FF-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Christ Why 08-21-2020 08:04 PM

Yay, I love TV's Frank! I was way too excited that Keith read my whole comment. I am a "she" (the name "Christ Why" comes from an old joke my dad used to tell, that they named me Christy because when I was born they said, "Christ, Why?!").. I'm often mistaken for a "he" online!

Keith 08-21-2020 09:06 PM

It's the word Christ that gives the gender. But great points regardless. Thanks.

Apia resurrected 08-22-2020 12:46 AM

We in Germany had fake newspapers in the years before the war already.
They helped Hitler a lot.
So no, not everyone had the same news.

Gleichschaltung (German pronunciation: [ˈɡlaɪçʃaltʊŋ]), or in English, co-ordination, was in Nazi terminology the process of Nazification by which Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of German society and societies occupied by Nazi Germany "from the economy and trade associations to the media, culture and education".[1]

Same situation in other regimes.

LoopyLou79 08-22-2020 07:22 AM

Claws

Bannon unfortunately got his claws into the U.K. instead of Mexican it is muslims.

Just a horrible influence on the earth.

Keith 08-22-2020 03:47 PM

I'm gonna need your accidental sext stories please

LoopyLou79 08-22-2020 04:29 PM

Ok

When we were first dating Mr Loopy once rang my house in the middle of the night drunk, thought I’d answered the phone and offered to lick my pussy but yes it was my mum that answered the phone.

Apia resurrected 08-23-2020 12:06 AM

I don’t sext hardly ever, because I’m paranoid and afraid I would write the wrong person.

LoopyLou79 08-23-2020 08:19 AM

Hot

I’m old and not hot enough for sexting, I know my limitations 😂

Apia resurrected 08-23-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 (Post 884976)
I’m old and not hot enough for sexting, I know my limitations 😂

If 1979 is your year of birth you are not old. Mature maybe.

Apia resurrected 08-23-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 884980)
79 is a sex number, duh. 10 better than 69

you know very well that it might give some people the wrong impression and if you use this for business, I would change it immediately.

Immediately, if not sooner.

Archimedes_Screw 08-23-2020 01:54 PM

Text to my mom: When I get home you can use my face as a saddle.
Wondered why my wife didn’t respond. Also told a vendor I love you over the phone while looking at a text from my wife.

whatotherway 08-25-2020 10:05 AM

Shitty details about hanging around toilets without masks

They have noticed that COVID-SARS-2 can be found in the faeces of those who have the disease. So I would suggest always wearing masks when visiting toilets other than your own.

whatotherway 08-25-2020 10:12 AM

And scrolling down another report, this one is in Forbes and I need to find the original study, it can also be found in urine and the spray made when using urinals means you can catch it from who ever is next to you, so make sure you wear that mask!

Archimedes_Screw 08-25-2020 12:26 PM

When Keith read my comment I could see and feel Chemda’s disgust lol I can’t sext for shit.

littlp 08-26-2020 08:35 PM

3310: Pandemic of the Mind w/ Frank Conniff

I used to enjoy watching the Ellen show because I discovered it when I was in the hospital due to cellulitis and thyroid cancer. It was one of the few things that brought me joy. What soured things for me was when she would show fan art that was frankly hideous-and she would make fun of it. It rubbed me the wrong way that someone whose slogan is “be kind to one another” is poking fun on people’s creations-something they probably worked very hard on. It is possible I was looking too much into it and people probably started sending in shit to see if she would make fun of it. The other thing was when she would find out that people were selling stuff they won during her 12 days of Christmas event and send a TV crew out to shame them. She didn’t personally pay for the stuff-her sponsors likely gave it all for free for the advertising and tax write-offs.

There were other little things that just made the whole thing seem not genuine. I was NOT surprised to hear the stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FingerLakes 08-26-2020 11:45 PM

I don't think people think the Demmy is over. I think people,New Yorkers, Americans haven't been conditioned to do things for other people if it puts us at a disadvantage. The national pride some Americans claim to have is just having knowledge about their family history or towns and getting mad if you talk shit about them. It rarely takes the form of doing things to make the nation and its people better. Now, after 5-6 months of being more selfless than we've ever been I think NYers just don't know how to keep it up anymore.

They sacrifice space and time and being polite in order to live here and now you want them to sacrifice their ENTIRE SUMMER after they were mostly good and did most of the things right? It's a lot to ask in any situation but even more so in this crowded expensive city where you are either relying on family or constantly on the move working multiple gigs to stay afloat.

Maybe it's the fact the news is focusing on the election and protests (sometimes) and the post office and not daily death tolls and numbers for new cases but things *seem* less dire. We're no longer short on PPE and grocery stores are only short on meat (cuz farms and factories are totally getting hit by this shit) so people wanna be pretend things are less as normal as possible because that's less stressful.

I get the desire but I still get pissed and feel sick when I was in Soho last week seeing gaggles of people babequeing in the street - maskless; going on dates - maskless; a group of friends getting out a taxi dressed up like they were going to a club and going to a place with a bouncer - all maskless.

FingerLakes 08-26-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 884998)
When Keith read my comment I could see and feel Chemda’s disgust lol I can’t sext for shit.

don't worry
I'm into it

Scorpion 08-28-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 884977)
If 1979 is your year of birth you are not old. Mature maybe.

I was born in 1968:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

VIDEO GAMES DIDN'T EVEN EXIST WHEN I WAS A KID!
(Atari was release in 1977, it was a year later when I got one for Christmas. it was like $200 I couldn't believe my Dad spent that much usually he would only give us socks and underwear for Christmas Mom was Santa and was the one who would give us all one toy. That was the year they separated, that may have had something to do with it...)