Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3335: French Bananas w/ Calvin Cato (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3335-french-bananas-w-calvin-cato-21991/)

Keith 10-23-2020 03:35 PM

3335: French Bananas w/ Calvin Cato
 
Deep comedians; pandemic paramours, thirst traps, and party lines; adult games and all the bananas you can eat

Guest:
Calvin Cato
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...EW-100x100.png


Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 10-23-2020 04:34 PM

I said no and than I remembered that when we were teenagers and had sleepovers, me and my cute female friends we used to call sex/ party lines for fun and because they were free for girls and dare each other to talk sexy to some guy on the other end of the phone, yes I realize this starts to sound like a porno movie.

Archimedes_Screw 10-23-2020 04:49 PM

Look at Calvin making memories! Love Calvin!

Bucho 10-23-2020 08:06 PM

"What is worse than comedians being deep?"

Actors and musicians being deep.

Bucho 10-23-2020 10:33 PM

Wait ... lately the Spiiiiiidermaaaaaan incident keeps getting characterized by Chemda as Keith being punished for "using his imagination" when for years the story has been that he was punished because he told his sister that he wasn't really her brother and had been sent to the family to try and save it because the family was fucked up. What kind of parent would let something that manipulative and anti-family slide as "innocent play"?

Obviously Keith's dad is a monster who can't be defended but, I mean, especially if you agree with Keith's hatred of "tricking" you have to take his mom's side on this particular case. Especially when you factor in that wooden spoon spankings are pretty much a joke - they're the least hurtful of all spankings because wooden spoons have a relatively large area for sweet FA mass. The sting dissipates pretty much immediately. If you were a kid in a spanking family you'd rather be spanked with a wooden spoon than pretty much anything else, including an open hand.

I've been Team Chemda with pretty much everything lately but this one thing I just don't jive with because it smacks of (awesome pun intended) re-writing history or something.

Keith 10-23-2020 10:44 PM

Chemdaís right. It wasnít a talking to. It was an immediate spanking.

And youíre wrong about a wooden spoon. That shit hurt.

The Girl 10-24-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 886140)
Wait ... lately the Spiiiiiidermaaaaaan incident keeps getting characterized by Chemda as Keith being punished for "using his imagination" when for years the story has been that he was punished because he told his sister that he wasn't really her brother and had been sent to the family to try and save it because the family was fucked up. What kind of parent would let something that manipulative and anti-family slide as "innocent play"?

Obviously Keith's dad is a monster who can't be defended but, I mean, especially if you agree with Keith's hatred of "tricking" you have to take his mom's side on this particular case. Especially when you factor in that wooden spoon spankings are pretty much a joke - they're the least hurtful of all spankings because wooden spoons have a relatively large area for sweet FA mass. The sting dissipates pretty much immediately. If you were a kid in a spanking family you'd rather be spanked with a wooden spoon than pretty much anything else, including an open hand.

I've been Team Chemda with pretty much everything lately but this one thing I just don't jive with because it smacks of (awesome pun intended) re-writing history or something.


Bicho I love you but you might have to look at some stuff.
What you and I are describing is the same thing. Heís using his imagination with his sister. My brothers once tried to convince me they just saw a real smurf and I missed it. (Or some character who cares)

Maybe his mom should find out why Keith thinks Spider-Man needs to come save the family.

Also it doesnít matter if the spoon hurt. Itís the act of getting the spoon, leaning over, and being hit by the person who takes care of you. Itís about that his mom didnít even ask him about it from his point of view. The Malley parents have no insight to how their children think and process. They have no curiosity about their children and it leads to punishments for no reason.

That could have been a sweet moment where mrs Malley got in on the fantasies her little kids were having and learned by playing along with them.

If he pretended to be a king that came to save the family would that have been ok?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PippaMags 10-25-2020 11:42 AM

I agree with Chemda
 
[QUOTE=The Girl;886146]

Chemda said, ďMaybe his mom should find out why Keith thinks Spider-Man needs to come save the family.Ē

I agree 100%

Imagine if Keith and his siblings had one safe adult to go to growing up.

PippaMags 10-25-2020 12:00 PM

Game night at Keithís
 
Calvin is consistently one of my favorite guests ♥️

Bucho 10-25-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 886141)
Chemda’s right. It wasn’t a talking to. It was an immediate spanking.

And you’re wrong about a wooden spoon. That shit hurt.

You say that as if you actually needed a talking to though. As if you were too dumb to understand that gaslighting your sister was wrong. The way it was always told on the show in the past was that you knew you did something fucked up (albeit hilarious) and she knew that you knew you were doing something fucked up (albeit hilarious). The fact your mom didn't disrespect your level of intelligence by acting as if you were not only a rapscallion but also a moron who needed talked to is a point in her favour and your favour. It's win-win!

And wooden spoon smacks only hurt for 0.12 seconds. Getting spanked by literally anything else was worse, and getting spanked was preferable to any kind of time out or "talking to" because it was all over in moments. If I or any of my brothers got caught doing anything fucked up we PRAYED for the wooden spoon over any other type of discipline. It was literally the joke punishment between us.


Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 886146)
Bicho I love you but you might have to look at some stuff.
What you and I are describing is the same thing. He’s using his imagination with his sister. My brothers once tried to convince me they just saw a real smurf and I missed it. (Or some character who cares)

Maybe his mom should find out why Keith thinks Spider-Man needs to come save the family.

Also it doesn’t matter if the spoon hurt. It’s the act of getting the spoon, leaning over, and being hit by the person who takes care of you. It’s about that his mom didn’t even ask him about it from his point of view. The Malley parents have no insight to how their children think and process. They have no curiosity about their children and it leads to punishments for no reason.

That could have been a sweet moment where mrs Malley got in on the fantasies her little kids were having and learned by playing along with them.

If he pretended to be a king that came to save the family would that have been ok?

I meeeeeeeeeeeean, if all Keith was to try to convince his sister he was literal Spiderman, then that's just cute. That's what we call play play. But if he framed it as trying to save his sister's family because the family was being damaged in some way then it goes beyond cute fantasy into some nascent form of manipulation/gaslighting. That's why it always came across to me as if Keith's mom had plenty of insight into how her son was thinking and processing.

But it's entirely possible I need to look at some stuff. I always took it as a funny story of how Keith was so like his mom - sarcastic and militantly anti-tricking. In an ideal world she would've tried to dig into (amazing Keith childhood pun intended) why he was acting like the family needed saving, and that would've lead to her taking the kids (and the cat) and leaving Father Malley behind with his hole-riddled back yard. But I've seen time travel movies and that would mean history would've been different and there'd be no KATG show, so I'm torn on the matter.

The Girl 10-25-2020 01:12 PM

Oh Bucho. Since youíre going to look at things start with that you and your siblings were praying to be hit with a spoon.

Oy vey


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucho 10-25-2020 03:06 PM

Wooden spoon > hand > any kind of time out or getting a "talking to".

Maybe it's a boy thing, because fuuuuuuck having to spend time alone in your room while your mates were elsewhere having a grand old time.

Keith 10-25-2020 03:16 PM

Maybe you never had good quality old-school garage sale wooden spoons

LoopyLou79 10-25-2020 03:59 PM

Bananas
 
I'm very shocked that two people have admitted to liking bananas. I eat one every day but I cannot say I really look forward to it, I eat them cause I know they are good for me.

FingerLakes 10-26-2020 11:43 AM

100% just realized all the past coupla weeks of guests were from KATG week

looking forward to Christian arguing with Keith about news and or emotions and to finding Rojo extremely charming.

AND
DOES THAT MEAN
THAT THE BIANCA BRADY

might be the final guest of this list???

shoebootie 10-26-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 (Post 886159)
I'm very shocked that two people have admitted to liking bananas. I eat one every day but I cannot say I really look forward to it, I eat them cause I know they are good for me.

I got bananas from the grocery store this week, as I typically do, and realized "I don't even like them" but Big Banana has me in their grips.

Apia resurrected 10-26-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 886164)
I got bananas from the grocery store this week, as I typically do, and realized "I don't even like them" but Big Banana has me in their grips.

When I lived in Poland we maybe had bananas on Christmas, it was THE luxurious western food. I will never forget wanting one and not having enough money. This is not a joke.

Rune 10-26-2020 09:27 PM

I canít believe this blasphemy Iím reading. Bananas are amazing (my favorite fruit).

Cavendish bananas, which are the most widely grown variety (< 90% of the worldwide banana market), have a fungus currently running amok in crops for which we have no effective fungicide, and since bananas are a monoculture (clones of one another), anytime these fungi crop up, it effectively wipes out the yield.

Itís why we may lose bananas to in future, unless we make other varieties more popular and use GMO science to give the other banana strains the capitalism-friendly qualities that made the Cavendish so popular (sweetness, hardy, doesnít bruise/spoil during transport, etc). And that will be a sad, sad day when bananas are extinct. Like, how will we go on...

Rune 10-26-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 886165)
When I lived in Poland we maybe had bananas on Christmas, it was THE luxurious western food. I will never forget wanting one and not having enough money. This is not a joke.

It’s a staple in some places. My mother is Somali, and growing up anytime she made practically anything, like a rice pilaf or pasta, or the kind of soups you eat with baked breads, there was always a banana right on the side of the plate, without fail, as is some custom in some parts of the country.

If that sounds mildly gross, I promise, the contrast of the sweetness of the banana and the savoryness food is actually amazing. Meanwhile, my Western side did not eat bananas unless they were making a smoothie of some kind bc they were on a health kick, so interestingly, I actually don’t associate it with them.

LoopyLou79 10-27-2020 03:50 PM

Bananas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 886164)
I got bananas from the grocery store this week, as I typically do, and realized "I don't even like them" but Big Banana has me in their grips.


I forgot to order them this week, oh dear Iím going to just have to put brown sugar on my porridge :D:D:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger