Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3348: The Good Anger w/ Lewis Black (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3348-good-anger-w-lewis-black-22018/)

Keith 11-23-2020 04:18 PM

3348: The Good Anger w/ Lewis Black

Mark David Chapman’s $400,000 album; President Trump, COVID-19, and the holidays; Opie and Anthony’s Naked Teen Voyeur Bus; Rudy Giuliani as NYC’s mayor; dating and sex

Guest:
Lewis Black
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...ck-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Scorpion 11-23-2020 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=Keith;886764]

Guest:
Lewis Black
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...ck-100x100.jpg
:eek:

<giddy with excitement>
I love this man!

well I don't love LOVE him, you know, I like love him or love like him... you know a fan love not a stalker LOVE. maybe I need to use another word... let me start over.

HA, this guy is so good, he is like really funny and stuff. I love it.... like it when I see him in stuff, very entertaining. I'm so glad he is on your show, I can't wait to listen. I'm sure I'm going to love this one... <dang it!>

Oh whatever, Lewis Black I love you, your great. But seriously get over yourself and don't take it so serious. I'm a fan not some freak. ;)

I think I just put the wink face in the wrong spot...

Scorpion 11-23-2020 09:22 PM

liking this epesode

I like it, it was so good. eh who am I kidding I LOVED it! I want to marry it!

Like Keith I'm really surprised he is so positive, in particular about people. If anything the last four years has taught me is that a large portion of people are shit. And Mr. Black is wrong. I have a friend who is Republican, he votes Republican he doesn't care what that is or means he votes for his team and is pissed when he looses and always hates the other team. He's my friend in part because I can't take him serious because this is so ridiculous. <Lewis, don't be offended I said you were wrong please, I love you.> ;)

Scorpion 11-23-2020 09:22 PM

As for this COVID situation I think we are in this until around April at least. Right now hospitals are at capacity in way too many places and while care has improved the survivability rate it does depend on resources not becoming too short and people able to get care. As for the vaccine it will take months to get it distributed and to get enough people vaccinated that it makes a difference. Many people are worried about the first round and wont go. Others will never go due to politics or religious belief. Still we also don't know if being vaccinated will protect you for a month, or a year. Not to mention that the virus changes and the vaccine may not work fully. The upside is that it should make this very much less deadly.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 03:50 AM

We have 3 potential vaccines for Covid today.
They aren't on the market yet, but it looks good.
Maybe spend at least 1 minute on it? The science was very hard working.

And now I'm waiting for every negative thing about it.

I heard:
Lots of people will refuse the vaccine. I say, but you dont have to be one of them.
With the vaccine you will be able to go out, not die or kill your family.

What about the side effects?
What about covid side effects I say? Like you know, death?

Big pharma will make all the money!
Unfortunately not my company. I say. And some of them is still little pharma! Moderna and BioNTech arent big yet.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 886771)
As for this COVID situation I think we are in this until around April at least. Right now hospitals are at capacity in way too many places and while care has improved the survivability rate it does depend on resources not becoming too short and people able to get care. As for the vaccine it will take months to get it distributed and to get enough people vaccinated that it makes a difference. Many people are worried about the first round and wont go. Others will never go due to politics or religious belief. Still we also don't know if being vaccinated will protect you for a month, or a year. Not to mention that the virus changes and the vaccine may not work fully. The upside is that it should make this very much less deadly.

Every virus changes. Its evolution.
And we still have flu vaccine every year.
How come? ( I know how. I ask you)

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 886771)

Aren't we all depressed enough?

Scorpion 11-24-2020 06:43 AM

Funny you actually can’t dispute my comments you just don’t like it. You don’t have to like the science. Just like you didn’t like it when I said people were coming down with COVID-19 twice. THE SCIENCE says that immunity people have gained from having COVID hasn’t lasted long in at least some cases. The real SCIENTIFIC concern that if the bodies natural response to the virus doesn’t remain over time then the vaccine won’t be as effective.

People lie a lot so I’m hoping all those people saying they don’t want the vaccine a are just lies and they will get the vaccine. I will get the vaccine and anyone I hear doubt it I’m ready to shame them, we can’t ignore this dialog

Yes Apia viruses change duh, I also said I hope the vaccine will help make the virus less deadly. Just like the flu vaccines do. Again hoping the immune response is long lasting. Science doesn’t know why some people get sick more than once, let’s hope they figure that out. I think April is early to make and distribute based on a voluntary vaccination for 7.8 billion people. At this point scientists don’t know exactly what % of the population needs to be vaccinated to reach a herd immunity. For measles it’s 94% for polio it’s 95%. Some varieties of the flu require less than 20% to reach the herd threshold. I haven’t found any reliable estimates on what the threshold is for COVID-19 but I’m guessing it’s in the 90’s

That may seem impossible but it’s not for most countries. China and India will have the hardest time because of the large population that is spread out over very rural areas. Counties that have limited coverage of health care facilities will also struggle until the WHO can organize vaccine centers in those areas.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 07:23 AM

I heard its about 70 % but i agree that no one knows for sure.
There is a lot we dont know.
Getting Covid twice is possible but very rare.

I just dont think seeing everything in the most negative light is helpful. The reality is bad enough. All the deaths.
Here we have medical innovations made in an extremely short time, a great example what impressive things humans can do.

The companies were pressured by Trump to speed up research to help him get reelected and they refused because it would have been unethical.

That's something good! I dont know how long the vaccine will last.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 07:28 AM

I'm in home office every day and I'm sad. And I know I have a good situation.
I need some hope that one day I will be allowed out or it's going to get worse with me.
I wish every human on the planet health ( maybe not Trump)
but my Nr one question is when can I get a vaccine in Germany.