Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3528: God, Dad, and Steve Harvey w/ Chris Laker (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3528-god-dad-steve-harvey-w-chris-laker-22422/)

Keith 04-20-2022 03:56 PM

3528: God, Dad, and Steve Harvey w/ Chris Laker
 
KATG veteran Chris Laker joins KATG to help discuss why Chris stopped smoking weed, Keith and his dad reconnecting after 2 years, and what Keith sees in his dad that’s also in British pedophile Jimmy Savile. Also, Chris found God thanks to Steve Harvey.

Guest:
Chris Laker
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...ER-100x100.jpg


Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 04-21-2022 03:52 AM

The slap live on forever.
I read about it in the "pharma news" yesterday and I thought I was safe there from any non pharma topics.

Apia resurrected 04-21-2022 03:55 AM

I also told Rod about it because two weeks ago I stated that the slap was everywhere besides the pharma media update.



Here it is:

Human-centricity? Novartis’ New LDL drug push spotlights life’s ups and down

MM+M – Medical Marketing and Media, Apr 19, 2022, The 2022 Oscars ceremony will be remembered for Will Smith’s unfortunate pugilism. Nonetheless, a commercial that premiered during the broadcast was a one-minute tour de force of perfectly timed eye rolls and winks to the camera, without its star — an actor portraying a woman named Gloria — uttering a single word.

The spot, which has since aired on CBS, NBC, ESPN and BET as well as across digital platforms, is for Novartis’s New ldl drug, a siRNA therapy for cholesterol reduction approved by the Food and Drug Administration in December……

( I cut it here, you get it)

DeathInGrasp 04-21-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 893229)
The slap live on forever.
I read about it in the "pharma news" yesterday and I thought I was safe there from any non pharma topics.

That’s kinda wild that a pharmacology newsletter would even mention it. Was it used to illustrate a point like, “high doses of niacin cause a flush similar to how flushed your face would be after Will Smith slaps it at the Oscars…”


Edit: oops should have read the next post down since you did post the context. My bad but I like my little pharm joke anyway.

LoopyLou79 04-22-2022 08:43 AM

Jimmy Saville
 
Was desperate to get on Jim’ll Fix It, simple explanation for him is that people flock to someone who is a strongman, he manipulated himself into positions of authority and I suspect he was considered untouchable by anybody who was in a position to expose him.

He wasn’t just a child molester but if you check out the press you’ll see he was an alleged necrophiliac, somewhere I read a story he was spotted by a relative wearing a ring that belonged to a dead relative, I also think he made jewellery out of false eyes stolen from the mortuary could have been the same story.

Also misogyny played a big part in it.

LoopyLou79 04-22-2022 08:46 AM

Steve Harley
 
I also got into watching Steve Harley clips on YouTube during lockdown, didn’t make me religious though, It was interesting to watch him present the show in Ghana compared to US version.

Friz 04-22-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 (Post 893236)
Was desperate to get on Jim’ll Fix It, simple explanation for him is that people flock to someone who is a strongman, he manipulated himself into positions of authority and I suspect he was considered untouchable by anybody who was in a position to expose him.

He wasn’t just a child molester but if you check out the press you’ll see he was an alleged necrophiliac, somewhere I read a story he was spotted by a relative wearing a ring that belonged to a dead relative, I also think he made jewellery out of false eyes stolen from the mortuary could have been the same story.

Also misogyny played a big part in it.

The part I always found fascinating is the Johnny Rotten outed him in '78 but the BBC squashed it (and Johnny) for years.

LoopyLou79 04-22-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friz (Post 893238)
The part I always found fascinating is the Johnny Rotten outed him in '78 but the BBC squashed it (and Johnny) for years.

Yes but Jonny Rotten was an abomination in a society that was so conservative, the general public viewed Jonny Rotten as reprobate . Many people would have looked down on the victim’s in some way. He regularly entertained the same people who were supposed to be the people in society who punished the types of crimes he committed, senior police officers, academics, senior medical professionals, senior council leaders, our Primeminster and even The Queen. He was a strongman who’d use his position to silence anybody.

Look at the situation we know about in the Catholic Church, people still turn up at Church every Sunday despite the horrific abuse across the world. My local Priest got exposed as a child abuser and the paper was full of letters defending the Priest! Most people don’t like to rock the boat.

Friz 04-22-2022 03:03 PM

Exactly.

Apia resurrected 04-23-2022 12:34 AM

I.left the church maybe 14 years ago and this was one of my best decisions.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger