Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Last Week on KATG (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   110: Shows 3293 - 3295 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/110-shows-3293-3295-a-21894/)

Keith 07-20-2020 05:46 PM

110: Shows 3293 - 3295

Well folks, it finally happened. Bianca lost her shit. Listen as things get ~vulnerable~ and real as hell. Embarrassing! Please remember to social distance, wear your mask, and most importantly, ALWAYS LISTEN TO KEITH WHEN HE'S YELLING!

Guest:
Bianca Brady
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...DY-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

beckydewbabe 07-20-2020 07:11 PM

I appreciate you Bianca I think we’re all getting to a breaking point I think it’s okay. It hurts that it just keep going on and on and people are doing things that aren’t necessarily “okay”- my best friends mom’s funeral is this weekend and I’m just not going. It feels like shit.

Skyler 07-20-2020 07:14 PM

Man... I wasn't expecting a "very special episode" of last week. I hope Bianca isn't actually embarrassed.

Sparrow 07-20-2020 08:34 PM

vulnerability is strength. big ups to Bianca for being honest, articulate, and thoughtful through intense emotion. it’s dope. thank you.

Chief_Slapem_Ho 07-20-2020 08:42 PM

Why do you scrap bad shows?

You guys need to post the shows that aren't up to the usual audio standards. It seems like kind of a waste that you don't air them. I'd ike to hear them even if they're bad. You can post them in VIP and call it "Shit Shows"

Keith 07-20-2020 08:56 PM

You’d forget and think it was what we considered quality or even “okay”.

Jay86 07-20-2020 10:10 PM

I felt that, Bianca. :( Don't be embarrassed.
Stay safe!

Christ Why 07-20-2020 10:47 PM

No reason to be embarrassed, Bianca. We all need a good cry and I totally get getting emotional like that. I appreciate the vulnerability and I would have cried too. Sometimes I get on my boyfriend's nerves when I don't realize he's not in a good mood and when I realize I've upset him I get super emotional because I never meant to start a fight. And I dunno I kind of felt that here a little. ❤️

Apia resurrected 07-20-2020 11:33 PM

Everything is ok Bianca.
I love it! You are so cool Bianca normally, I needed this. Vulnerability.

matt B 07-20-2020 11:56 PM

Haven't posted here since 2011...

I have said it before, and I will say it again now.

BIANCA BRADY IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Lanfear 07-21-2020 04:20 AM

Hugs Bianca!
The safe not invasive but still loving and supportive virtual ones.

rodimusprime 07-21-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 884462)
You’d forget and think it was what we considered quality or even “okay”.

What about a new spin off KATG VIP show called "Bad Quality" and it's just all the bad quality shows from over the years?

Also I loved this episode. Keep yelling at these motherfuckers Keith. It's cathartic. I need this in my life. I feel like the kid sitting in doors looking at the window at the other kids playing games. Except they're playing games in the street during rush hour traffic! LOL

Menomena Matt 07-21-2020 02:21 PM

Bianca, you're the best! We are all figuring this out in real time, and it's ok to be conflicted and confused.

litlokc 07-21-2020 04:49 PM

LW 110

Bianca, you are great! Feel how you feel, but I do not think you have anything to be embarrassed of. I am impressed at how clearly you were able to express yourself, in that moment.
I would enjoy a Bianca wrap up after hearing the first few shows of KATG. They were a little different, a similar and shorter. Just a thought.
I understand Keith's views on yelling at the non-maskers. I want to yell at them sometimes too, but I also find most people annoying. For me, I think when someone is yelling about something, it makes me pause to consider.
The take away, wear a mask. To save those with an impaired immune system, they hide in plain sight.

vincecult 07-21-2020 07:24 PM

Bianca is unquestionably a delight and one hell of a Puzzleman to boot! What a stellar lady!

Steph 07-21-2020 09:49 PM

Bianca is the best!

thirteen 07-21-2020 10:41 PM

Bianca's the best.

Jessica332 07-22-2020 07:05 AM

The highlight of my drive to work in the morning is listening to Keith and the Girl or one of the VIP shows. That being said I recently had a Bianca moment where instead of being my break from the world the show was making me angry, sad and feel all different kinds of emotions. I am working with young children so this was definitely not a good way to start my day. I took a break from the show which also made me sad because I never miss a show. I get covering the big issues but the shows felt angry and had no comic relief. When the BLM and COVID are all you hear about on the news, what everyone is talking about at work, and all that is on Facebook and the other social media outlets it became too much. I just couldn’t be yelled at all the way to work or have someone who lives a way different life then me making me feel like what I am experiencing and feeling is wrong. Don’t get me wrong and think I am against BLM and didn’t think it should be covered on the news or on the show. I just needed some relief and when the whole show was just making me feel scared and angry about the state of the world. I had to stop listening for a minute. I go through periods where the whole COVID thing really makes me angry. Like I said I am working and finally back to full time. Full time for me means working 51 1/2 hours a week. When the kids weren’t here we were still working but I only worked 40 hour weeks which was a $300 a paycheck difference. It really hurt me not having that money. I come from a world where my friends and I are poor. For my friends, my son, his girlfriend the world never shutdown. They were working in the stores and restaurants. The ones that did loss their jobs some have not seen a dime of unemployment and are worried about when evictions start up what they are going to do. So some of the views on the show are coming from a place that I don’t think are realistic to most of the world especially the poor population who have been out there working this whole time. Normally things like that can come down to that is your option and this is mine but when you are already having a hard time it just hits you wrong. When someone thinks they are so right with ever option they have and don’t take into account that others have different experiences and views because they aren’t taking into account that there is a different part of the population who is having a different experience with this. There is a part of the population that fear they are not going to fully recover from this for years if at all. I do get obviously that all these things need to be covered. Bianca I love Last Week on Keith and the Girl and don’t feel embarrassed for crying. We have all been there especially right now.

rodimusprime 07-22-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica332 (Post 884497)
The highlight of my drive to work in the morning is listening to Keith and the Girl or one of the VIP shows. That being said I recently had a Bianca moment where instead of being my break from the world the show was making me angry, sad and feel all different kinds of emotions. I am working with young children so this was definitely not a good way to start my day. I took a break from the show which also made me sad because I never miss a show. I get covering the big issues but the shows felt angry and had no comic relief. When the BLM and COVID are all you hear about on the news, what everyone is talking about at work, and all that is on Facebook and the other social media outlets it became too much. I just couldn’t be yelled at all the way to work or have someone who lives a way different life then me making me feel like what I am experiencing and feeling is wrong. Don’t get me wrong and think I am against BLM and didn’t think it should be covered on the news or on the show. I just needed some relief and when the whole show was just making me feel scared and angry about the state of the world. I had to stop listening for a minute. I go through periods where the whole COVID thing really makes me angry. Like I said I am working and finally back to full time. Full time for me means working 51 1/2 hours a week. When the kids weren’t here we were still working but I only worked 40 hour weeks which was a $300 a paycheck difference. It really hurt me not having that money. I come from a world where my friends and I are poor. For my friends, my son, his girlfriend the world never shutdown. They were working in the stores and restaurants. The ones that did loss their jobs some have not seen a dime of unemployment and are worried about when evictions start up what they are going to do. So some of the views on the show are coming from a place that I don’t think are realistic to most of the world especially the poor population who have been out there working this whole time. Normally things like that can come down to that is your option and this is mine but when you are already having a hard time it just hits you wrong. When someone thinks they are so right with ever option they have and don’t take into account that others have different experiences and views because they aren’t taking into account that there is a different part of the population who is having a different experience with this. There is a part of the population that fear they are not going to fully recover from this for years if at all. I do get obviously that all these things need to be covered. Bianca I love Last Week on Keith and the Girl and don’t feel embarrassed for crying. We have all been there especially right now.

I feel what you’re saying but Keith ranting about people needing to wear masks isn’t the same as coming down on you for having to go to work. He’s talking about people who are not wearing masks or social distancing just for the fuck of it. If anything those people are putting essential workers like you at higher risk right? It just seems like people are conflating Keith’s anger at douchebags sitting in the bar spreading Covid to “own the libs” with this idea Keith is mad at anyone who has even left the house for any reason. Keith leaves the house for work. Keith sees his girlfriend and the kids. I don’t think he is some hard ass unreasonable person on this.

And Keith is always ranting. That’s his default mode. If the world outside is shit and he’s gone from ranting about Me Too to BLM or those who don’t social distance what’s so bad about that? He rants. It’s his love language. So what is it about BLM that makes the rants too hard to listen to?

Bucho 07-22-2020 06:21 PM

It really got to me when Bianca said it doesn't make her feel safer hearing someone else - friends even - sounding as frustrated and helpless and fearful and hopeless as Keith and Chemda have sounded at times lately. On the one hand their realness is what makes them so relatable, and witnessing the anger of someone on your side can be cathartic in some ways, but on the other hand when you feel somewhat adrift among chaos often the last thing you need is more chaos.

Bianca's been open about how much Keith's Bummer News segments affect her even when they're turned into jokes, so when - as Jessica put it - they become all-anger-no-comedy and are about literal and personal matters of life and death, as they are for anyone dealing with the kinds of health issues Chemda and Bianca deal with, it makes all the sense in the world that the vibe of the show would go over a line and become too difficult to listen to.

And to be clear, all-anger-no-comedy is exactly what those moments should be if that's what's in Keith and/or Chemda's heart in those moments. None of this is a criticism of the show. It's just to point out Bianca shouldn't feel like a dummy for feeling that KATG isn't what she needs in some of those moments.

Scorpion 07-22-2020 06:51 PM

Bianca,
you are loved
you are wonderful
you are cool
you are caring
you are smart
you are multifaceted
you laugh you cry and that is a awesome thing.
You should never feel ashamed for having feelings even when that makes you cry.

Scorpion 07-22-2020 07:34 PM

Less about Keith and more about me

So, I too felt a little triggered when Keith was yelling.
Normally this wouldn't bother me, normally I find it entertaining and also cathartic. I mean I often want to yell about the same things and hearing Keith do it makes me feel like I did as well, very cathartic. This time I tiered up along with Bianca. A different kind of cathartic release.

My situation now is so stressful I'm on the verge of tears at all times.
I'm on a special assignment for work for 5 weeks in Georgia. Originally the plan was to have them come with me for a period but with COVID going nuts here it means I'm alone and my family is home without me. I'm working or sitting in a hotel 24/7. Trying hard not to get infected. I have 3 weeks to go and it's almost unbearable.
Now add to that I've requested the company to support me on a 2 week quarantine when I return home. I appreciate this so much but it also means 2 more weeks before I see my family again and I'm all alone. Add to that the assignment is greatly stressful in and of itself.
In summary
This assignment is really stressful
I'm alone
I miss my family
I'm doing my best not to die
and I'm a month from that changing.
I also can't really talk to much about this to my wife, I have to consider she is going through much the same thing and is currently essentially single parenting our 10 year old son. I feel like I can't talk about it, this is the first time I've really talked about it. I have a lot of pent up stress.

Thank you Bianca, Keith, Chemda and the KaTG family for listening.

Mado 07-22-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 884501)
And to be clear, all-anger-no-comedy is exactly what those moments should be if that's what's in Keith and/or Chemda's heart in those moments. None of this is a criticism of the show. It's just to point out Bianca shouldn't feel like a dummy for feeling that KATG isn't what she needs in some of those moments.

I couldn't agree more with the above statements.

We adore you Bianca! Don't be embarrassed. Your cry, like Keith's rants sometimes, was cathartic to hear. You expressed feelings that I've had about our world lately that I hadn't been able to make sense of or articulate myself yet. I'm probably not the only one that shed a few tears along with you.

Keith's rants are often cathartic to listen to when I share his opinion, but I have had to skip through until another topic comes up lately. All due respect, I love the show and respect the genuine expression. I too feel the need to yell at the covidiots. Personally, I'd like to explain to them how this pandemic has impacted my loved ones. I'd like to have them restrained and give them a painful PowerPoint presentation and six-hour documentary about the details of each sorrow and death we've endured during this. Believe me, I feel it too.

But these days, hearing those rants just perpetuates my anger. I just can't. It isn't Keith, it's everyone. I'm at once so happy that you are all on the team of safety, ethics, and thoughtful discussion, but I'm too also sensitive for it lately. I feel like our yelling is in an echo-chamber. I feel like no one who needs to hear it is listening. It's overwhelming at times. Like Bianca, it makes me feel more helpless and not any safer. It's just about every podcast I listen to, not singling this show out and I would never want Keith or Chemda to express themselves any differently.

Aus 07-23-2020 07:33 AM

❤️❤️❤️

Apia resurrected 07-23-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 884506)
Normally this wouldn't bother me, normally I find it entertaining and also cathartic. I mean I often want to yell about the same things and hearing Keith do it makes me feel like I did as well, very cathartic. This time I tiered up along with Bianca. A different kind of cathartic release.

I'm on a special assignment for work for 5 weeks in Georgia. Originally the plan was to have them come with me for a period but with COVID going nuts here it means I'm alone and my family is home without me. I'm working or sitting in a hotel 24/7. Trying hard not to get infected. I have 3 weeks to go and it's almost unbearable.
Now add to that I've requested the company to support me on a 2 week quarantine when I return home. I appreciate this so much but it also means 2 more weeks before I see my family again and I'm all alone. Add to that the assignment is greatly stressful in and of itself.
In summary
I'm alone
I miss my family
I also can't really talk to much about this to my wife, I have to consider she is going through much the same thing and is currently essentially single parenting our 10 year old son. I feel like I can't talk about it, this is the first time I've really talked about it. I have a lot of pent up stress.

Could you maybe take a covid test instead of isolating yourself when you come back?

CherryLavender 07-23-2020 08:22 AM

Bianca,

Thank you for allowing yourself to be vulnerable with us. I feel like we are always supposed to be trying to have the stiff upper lip today, but you reminded me that it is really fucking hard out there and it is okay to not always be okay.

Thank you.

I love you.

And Keith is a meany-butt, with good intentions.

CherryLavender 07-23-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 884506)

In summary
I'm alone
I miss my family

Hey, Friend,

Where are you at in Georgia? I live in Kennesaw and work in Marietta. Both of my partners tested positive on July 7th. They had gone away for a few days and got tested at a rapid testing site before they came back to make sure they were safe and they weren't. The testing sites are Peachtree Immediate Med and there are 12 sites around the metro Atlanta area.

Send me a PM if you need to chat. That is what we are here for.

Apia resurrected 07-23-2020 08:46 AM

Now that everyone loves crying Bianca, will it be a new segment?

Apia resurrected 07-23-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLavender (Post 884526)
Hey, Friend,

Where are you at in Georgia? I live in Kennesaw and work in Marietta. Both of my partners tested positive on July 7th. They had gone away for a few days and got tested at a rapid testing site before they came back to make sure they were safe and they weren't. The testing sites are Peachtree Immediate Med and there are 12 sites around the metro Atlanta area.

Send me a PM if you need to chat. That is what we are here for.

How good that they got tested! How was it for them?

CherryLavender 07-23-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 884528)
How good that they got tested! How was it for them?

So far just cold symptoms, no fever. They have been lucky with very mild cases. Rapid testing is the only way we will stop the spread.

Steph 07-23-2020 10:37 AM

I do hope that now with all we know about Keith's dad that we don't believe that if he had not parented Keith in the way he did that Keith would have "ruled the roost."
C'mon, Keith needed an empathetic, loving, sane, father. A father who didn't yell when Keith did something he didn't like.
Yelling at people one disagrees with doesn't fix anything. It just makes people retreat into their corners.
It's cathartic, it can be entertaining, it can feel good to the yeller in the moment.
Yelling at a child is appropriate when they are about to be hit by a car or about to touch hot stove. Immediate physical danger. Then after you yell you hug them, tell them you love them, and do what you can to repair the trauma of being yelled at.
Believe it or not, everyone is actually doing the best they can. Some people's best is pretty terrible, for sure. But why? If they are drinking in the streets it's probably because they don't have the capacity to cope in a different way. Our society is providing no supports to struggling people. World leaders could have prevented this pandemic and they didn't. That is not the fault of people who are unable to cope with more isolation.

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:13 PM

I will be tested but testing today means your body hasn’t reaches yet
You need approximately 2 weeks to show it on a test that’s why there are 2 week quarantines
To give your body time to exhibit the virus on a test from last exposure

Trust me I’m not loving the idea but better safe than sorry

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:16 PM

Thanks I’m by the Atlantic coast
I’ll be tested when I get back and again at the end of the quarantine when I get back to Michigan

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 884524)
Could you maybe take a covid test instead of isolating yourself when you come back?

Ha! I said in summary half way down!!! What a ma-roon! Haha

This could have been an even longer email!

Lanfear 07-23-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph (Post 884534)
I do hope that now with all we know about Keith's dad that we don't believe that if he had not parented Keith in the way he did that Keith would have "ruled the roost."
C'mon, Keith needed an empathetic, loving, sane, father. A father who didn't yell when Keith did something he didn't like.
Yelling at people one disagrees with doesn't fix anything. It just makes people retreat into their corners.
It's cathartic, it can be entertaining, it can feel good to the yeller in the moment.
Yelling at a child is appropriate when they are about to be hit by a car or about to touch hot stove. Immediate physical danger. Then after you yell you hug them, tell them you love them, and do what you can to repair the trauma of being yelled at.
Believe it or not, everyone is actually doing the best they can. Some people's best is pretty terrible, for sure. But why? If they are drinking in the streets it's probably because they don't have the capacity to cope in a different way. Our society is providing no supports to struggling people. World leaders could have prevented this pandemic and they didn't. That is not the fault of people who are unable to cope with more isolation.

YES THIS

Turning out as a decent human being after a fucked up past is a silly movie trope not something we should promote.

Poki 07-26-2020 01:01 PM

Love you Bianca!

Bianca,

Don't be embarrassed. Not only is it OK to be vulnerable, it's really good. If you're not already familiar with the work of Brene Brown, I highly recommend checking her out. She had a really good TED talk about the power of vulnerability.

Hearing you being honest as you worked through your emotions made me feel closer to you, and made me like you more.

Please keep up the good work - you're doing great!

Aloha,
-Poki

critter2003 07-28-2020 02:48 AM

Love you Bianca!

As so many others have already said, you don’t need to be embarrassed about crying. It’s the realness of Keith and the Girl that makes the show great. If that means Keith needs to yell, I want to hear him yell and if that means you need to cry, I want to hear you cry. It takes a lot to stand up to Keith in those moments and you spoke very eloquently.

I agree with the sentiment that yelling at people, probably isn’t the best way to get them to change but at the same time it was funny and cathartic. So thanks for Keith, Chemda and Bianca - you’re all helping us get through this in your own way.

bw81 07-29-2020 01:46 AM

Big love, Bianca ❤️