Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Bernie?
Yes 49 69.01%
No 22 30.99%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree290Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 04:52 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
juliofromny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scraping by in Queens.
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfoot View Post
Yes, David clearly has his schtick....

But Keith and Chemda's responses, reactions, and immediately calling him on it, in the most hilarious ways are a tour-de-force. If anyone doubts that Keith Malley is a massive comic talent, listen to the gold he pulls out of what could have been a complete shitshow with this guy. He's even cracking David up calling him on his 'act'. Chemda being 100% in on it is aces. Few sounds in the world are better than Chemda's mirthful laugh. (Maybe Andrea screaming at anything for any reason).

This one goes into the repeat listen box for me.
Especially when David started saying “if I’mbeing honest..”

And Keith was something like “Yes, that... this whole show... let’s do that”

I could not stop giggling like an idiot
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rodimusprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
That’s not his point. He saying don’t vote because of identity politics. If you’re a person of color don’t automatically vote for a person of color. If you’re a woman, don’t automatically vote for a woman.

Look at their policies first and if the policies align with your ideals, then vote for that candidate, regardless of their gender, race, or sexual orientation.
But you don’t see how patronizing and reductive that is? The underlying assumption is that everyone who isn’t a white man is voting for their “identity.” Which isn’t true. If that was the case why didn’t black people vote for Ben Carson in huge numbers? If it’s about identity politics then why did 53% of white women vote for Trump over Clinton?

Meanwhile if we say white men want to vote for Bernie (especially in 2016) because he’s a white man that’s not considered them voting their “identity?” That’s why he was so shocked Chemda was voting Bernie because in his reductive reasoning he couldn’t even hear her as she said she was voting for Bernie. He assumed she’d vote for a woman candidate because she’s a woman. As if only straight white men have the ability to “reason” with their vote. Last time I checked every president except one has been a straight white dude. Maybe straight white dudes are the ones concerned about “identity” more than anyone else?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Detroit area - Michigan
Posts: 661
Am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I know I'm wrong but I love how frustrating he was.
I think I liked it
At times I was frustrated others laughing hysterically and once angry. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotion... nominated movie of the year! Yeah I’m left liking the RP but also very confused. He’s a trickster! That’s it I’m on the side of trickster. But I’m still open to other opinions, I could be swayed.
juliofromny likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:58 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
juliofromny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scraping by in Queens.
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
But you don’t see how patronizing and reductive that is? The underlying assumption is that everyone who isn’t a white man is voting for their “identity.” Which isn’t true. If that was the case why didn’t black people vote for Ben Carson in huge numbers? If it’s about identity politics then why did 53% of white women vote for Trump over Clinton?
There are a lot of Warren supporters and Klobuchar supporters, especially with a voice on mainstream media, who have been pushing a narrative that voting for Bernie is a vote against women and we should have a woman president, not another old white man. That’s who Dave Feldman is angry against. He watches way too much MSNBC and CNN, not to mention he’s very active on Twitter. He’s constantly seeing that narrative. That’s what’s pissing him off.

That woman’s identity argument has died off a little from the mainstream narrative the last 4-6 weeks and now they’re trying to use anti-Semitic and red commie narratives against Bernie (who is Jewish and had family survive the holocaust). Anyway, I digress. That’s what he’s upset about.

UPDATE: just remembered, past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren’s team was trying to say that Bernie doesn’t believe a woman could be president (guess she forgot that Bernie tried to get her to run in 2016, before running himself). So the “misogyny” and “you should vote for a woman “ narrative isn’t totally dead.

Of course that tactic didn’t help Warren and she’s at risk of dropping out, which is making her attack Bernie more (thought they were friends?)

Last edited by juliofromny; 02-14-2020 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Update
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:59 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rodimusprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
There are a lot of Warren supporters and Klobuchar supporters, especially with a voice on mainstream media, who have been pushing a narrative that voting for Bernie is a vote against women and we should have a woman president, not another old white man. That’s who Dave Feldman is angry against. He watches way too much MSNBC and CNN, not to mention he’s very active on Twitter. He’s constantly seeing that narrative. That’s what’s pissing him off.

That woman’s identity argument has died off a little from the mainstream narrative the last 4-6 weeks and now they’re trying to use anti-Semitic and red commie narratives against Bernie (who is Jewish and had family survive the holocaust). Anyway, I digress. That’s what he’s upset about.

UPDATE: just remembered, past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren’s team was trying to say that Bernie doesn’t believe a woman could be president (guess she forgot that Bernie tried to get her to run in 2016, before running himself). So the “misogyny” and “you should vote for a woman “ narrative isn’t totally dead.

Of course that tactic didn’t help Warren and she’s at risk of dropping out, which is making her attack Bernie more (thought they were friends?)
You probably can't understand as it seems you're firmly in his camp but nothing you said addresses what I was talking about. People aren't just voting for Warren or Klobuchar because they're women. They also agree with their position on issues. If it was just about being a woman then those same folks would've supported Sarah Palin.

Anyways I made my point.

Last edited by rodimusprime; 02-14-2020 at 12:25 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 59
Here is my take on the top two reasons why Bernie Bros are disliked. First off, I'm not speaking about Sanders, his politics or supporters in general.

Dismissive of women of color

A common interaction has been between a Bernie Bro who is a young white man and an older woman of color where the Bro is condescending to the woman. First off by explaining to the woman why her top political issues are wrong and should instead match his top issues. Second off by waving aside the woman's two decades of active political experience for his two years being active. Thirdly - and most importantly - the man is not willing to recognize the huge imbalance of political risks for a woman of color verse a white man.

This behavior extends beyond women of color, but it is truly stark in this situation.

Conspiracy theories

The Bernie Bro heavily use conspiracy theories.

They use them to explain any lagging of the Sanders campaign. There are people and systems against Sanders, but there are also things against the other candidates. For example, during the last presidential election, the Sanders campaign was unprepared when it came to having delegates for the Democratic convention. The Bros explained it by saying it was the purposely done by the DNC to keep Sanders out. The process is complicated as it varies greatly from state to state. And yet, every other major Democratic candidate managed to meet the requirements not only this past election but for many elections before.

They lean heavily into conspiracy theories against Sanders' opponents. For Clinton, they peddled the same conspiracies the Right Wing has been pushing for two decades.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
juliofromny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scraping by in Queens.
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
You probably can't understand...

Anyways I made my point.
Right, agree to disagree. I addressed his reasoning, not disagreeing with your point but yeah, we’re talking around each other.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 34
All I can say after this episode is ummmm ok....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
FingerLakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hollow Bastion
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Feldman said that Steve Martin and Martin Short are the 2 FUNNIEST people on the planet. If that's not identity politics, then what is?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Bucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 3,748
Given my pro-Feldman stance I feel I should virtue signal that I have voted no fewer than four times for female Prime Ministers and in the next NZ election will do so again.

I'm just saying the dude made me laugh and Keith and Chemda's responses to him made me laugh even harder, but I 100% get that it's a super tough and tense time in American politics so I fully get why for many listeners what he said "out of character" could be beyond infuriating.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger