View Poll Results: Do You Have Kids
Yes 16 48.48%
No 5 15.15%
Hell No! I'm not dumb. I use contraception! 3 9.09%
Nope. I am Sparrow. Just here to hate. 6 18.18%
Nope. Just here to see a Piffle freakout. Those are epic. 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree105Likes

Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
my kids have better relationships & less conflict with the polite/cordial ones. The ones with little-to-no concept of how society works always seem to have some kind of drama surrounding them.
AGREED!

My daughter had this friend who threw a fucking fit at her 10th birthday party. She was so incredibly over-emotional it was just sad. My kid loved hanging with her though. She was super creative, but she was such a taker. It exhausted my daughter. I was so glad when she suddenly stopped hanging out.

Her new best friend is awesome. She goes on art walks. Like doing things besides playing video games. She's really smart. The only problem is that she's a total asshole. I guess I have to be quiet. My kids not going to pick up her bad habits; she's just annoying as fuck.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
The only problem is that she's a total asshole. I guess I have to be quiet. My kids not going to pick up her bad habits; she's just annoying as fuck.
Imagine how proud you'd be of your daughter if your daughter's good behaviour rubbed-off on her annoying friend, to the point where she was tolerable? Maybe she'll even call her out on it (particularly if her asshole friend is mean to her time and time again). If that doesn't happen, it sounds like there's a good chance she'll move-on. Either way, she'll learn something new and next time may be able to see the characteristics she doesn't like before bringing them around the house.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

It's just weird to be a parent.

You literally get to see the groundwork of asshole put into a person. I once heard a 9 yr old announce that she no longer liked Bill Murray because he did the voice-over work on Garfield. He used to be good. Too kiddy now.

Ugh.

It was obvious she was merely repeating her douchebag hipster parents, (the dad who was in a local punk band - pretty good actually) and her mother (working at the local hipster clothing store - where everything is sized to waif) and it's just sad that kids can't just be kids.

I would argue that kids wearing Dead Kennedy shirts; is just as awful as the kids who repeat racist remarks heard from shithead parents. In both cases, their just repeating bullshit. Let THEM decide, for crying out loud.

Don't even get me started about 5 yr olds with dreadlocks.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

omg, piff, fuck off.
Lanfear likes this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-01-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
It's just weird to be a parent.

You literally get to see the groundwork of asshole put into a person. I once heard a 9 yr old announce that she no longer liked Bill Murray because he did the voice-over work on Garfield. He used to be good. Too kiddy now.

Ugh.

It was obvious she was merely repeating her douchebag hipster parents, (the dad who was in a local punk band - pretty good actually) and her mother (working at the local hipster clothing store - where everything is sized to waif) and it's just sad that kids can't just be kids.

I would argue that kids wearing Dead Kennedy shirts; is just as awful as the kids who repeat racist remarks heard from shithead parents. In both cases, their just repeating bullshit. Let THEM decide, for crying out loud.

Don't even get me started about 5 yr olds with dreadlocks.
you are so full of shit. of COURSE kids repeat opinions they hear around the house. for a while, YOU'RE THE ONLY PEOPLE THEY KNOW FOR FUCK'S SAKE. it's a common fucking thing. it's like you don't know how children work. did a manual not drop out of your baby mama's pussy, too? a band shirt is a far cry from being a racist, ya fucking judgmental prick. i bet if your asshole kid wears a shirt from a band you like she's a goddamn musical genius.

wanna talk about asshole parents? you're a mess, piff. we've fucking seen you. wanna talk about your daughter in terms of YOU? we can do that. how about you put your tongue back in your head.
Lanfear and Scumhook like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

Here's my daughter at violin camp. Her half-sis Stella jumped in the pic.

My daughters all shy and reserved. Her sis is only 3, but clearly going to be the opposite. She's loud, cute, and center of attention - at all times. It's funny cuz her dad is British and Stella looks...British to me.

I'm very proud of my kid. I take parenting seriously. That is all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0009_Nyah and Stella3.jpg (104.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

violin? what a fuckin' sheep. who told her that was interesting, jesus. BORING! playing the violin is worse than killing pregnant women. i bet her Dad is a real jank.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Do anybody's kids listen to KATG?

My daughter hears the show as I blast it from the kitchen sometimes. It's hard to teach your kid free speech at age 12. I think she's heard me say FUCK! so many times, she hates the word.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

she hates /you/ using the word. dads are old and uncool.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Do anybody's kids listen to KATG?
No. Never.