Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Like Tree13Likes

Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I have 2 different views on this interview.

1) Lauren's Dad is passionate, well-spoken, and possibly a Libertarian. Would definetly like to hear him again. Also, would possibly vote for him in a Presidential election.

2) Lauren's Dad is passionate and possibly a bit of an asshole. Chemda gets super-double-triple points for this particuliar interview and I do not think she has been sufficiently praised for going one-on-one with a man who, out of left field, (whilst discussing the topic of gun control) blurts out, "Well then there is my daughter who is turning into an atheist thanks to you" and "KATG contributes to violence..." Huh? I don't care if he 'took it back' and/ or apologized: it felt like a reach and a bit silly. To his credit - he didn't give an inch and can debate better than most of Congress. To Chemda's credit, (and I fucking loved this part) she brought it all to a powerful conclusion with, "Awesome...ok..one question: Would Jesus carry a gun?" a-haha. That was beautiful.

To all the pussies who avoided this episode because the topic of guns or hunting is scary ... you missed out. Keith has at least held, fired, and been schooled about guns. His opinion is viable. Those who remain ignorant about why or how...aren't helping this crucial debate that is going on in America - right now.

Unless you are a strict vegan and abhor animal killing, (which I would consider somewhat noble in its discipline) then you should be hunting. If you're one of these people who eat meat, but can't possibly fathom why someone would hunt; I feel sad for you. It's pathetic to be SO disconnected from your food source. You wouldn't last a day in the woods. No matter how evolved we are, or how many options to meat there are: it is important to examine, understand, and embrace what exactly an apex predator is and does. Some might say we are one...
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Location: New Jersey. Where the girls look like a mix between Charlize Theron and Dog the Bounty Hunter.
I agree 100%. I was cursing at my computer when Ron started spewing about the 1st and 2nd amendment, mental health, and entertainment. Maybe it was brought up, but I didn't hear them talk about Assault Rifle's reason for existence, which is for killing others in war. I had to eventually stop listening so I wouldn't pop a blood vessel in my head. Sadly, Ron just ended up sounding like an old guy who hates it when kids walk on his lawn.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great episode. Very interesting to hear the views from an intelligent man. But it didn't stop me from getting annoyed. In one sentence he says it's video games and movies then the next he is saying it's mental health. I've been playing violent video games, watching violent movies, etc... and I know the difference between right and wrong and have NO interest in guns whatsoever. Someone with mental issues could have played the exact same games as me and then goes on to kill a bunch of people. So does he want to take away violent games and movies from everyone (including responsible video game/movie watchers) to prevent mentally ill people from making the jump to acting out those forms of entertainment? That's kind of like taking away guns to prevent any killing from happening, isn't it?

Mass murders seem to be done by the mentally ill but your every day murders of one, two people are not necessarily carried out by mentally ill, are they? Add all those murders up in America over a year and its a very high number. The mass murders are far more confronting due to the number of lives taken away in an instant but it doesn't mean the murders that happen every day are any less devastating for the families and friends of the victims.

"It's America, it's my right." - That is a such a worthless defence. Tell that to the parents of the kids that got killed.
Coolkid18 likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The US has a problem

Just another day for the WORLD NEWS page;

The US.jpg
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I stopped listening when he started to go on about video games
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker View Post
I stopped listening when he started to go on about video games
Good to know.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Administrator

And today : US teen shot by fellow student at school | Perth Now

The fact that you have to send your kids to a school with an armed guard, just in case, would have me move out of the US.

"Have a good day at school, Ava. Make sure you remember what we talked about if someone has a gun. I hope to see you after school!"

My daughter starts kindergarten on Monday and the biggest of my worries is her making friends and having fun learning. Thank fuck I don't live in the US where the availability of guns to any jackfuck would add an extra worry of "I hope my 4 year old isn't murdered."

Fuck that noise. I'm sorry but if a Sandy Hook massacre had happened at the school of Ron's children, would he still be ok with the current gun culture?

I really like Ron and his voice just demands I listen but I can't stand this mentality with guns.

Can't work out why you would stop listening to an episode halfway through though, rubbintheboywanker. Even if it's grinding your gears, you should get the whole story.

Last edited by bw81; 01-31-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #38 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Can't work out why you would stop listening to an episode halfway through though, rubbintheboywanker. Even if it's grinding your gears, you should get the whole story.
Amen.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 04-23-2023, 02:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Aus

Relistening to this and the previous Ron episode post-Dad Emails saga is interesting. Lauren’s Dad is so similar to Keith’s. The clearly bullshit stories to make himself look superior, the snakey way he never answers questions directly and always redirects or asks an irrelevant question, the thinly veiled anger at being doubted or a suggestion his views and life choices aren’t perfect…etcetc