Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree53Likes

Old 12-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseP09 View Post
Elaborate?

:P
Classic gambling is impossible to beat. If you put money down on a certain bet 1,000 times, you will lose X% of your money. For example, if you bet $100 on black on a roulette wheel, you may win sometimes but, in the long run, you will always lose because the payout for a win is less than the odds of it coming up.

Meaning, black comes up 46% of the time (because there's 0 and 00 which don't pay off on black). The payout is double your money but you don't win enough times to break even, let alone make a profit. It is impossible to win.

With poker, you can pick your spots. If you're a good player, you will only bet when the odds are in your favor. To put statistical swings aside, the idea is that, if you made the same bet 1,000 times, you should be ahead with more money.

Example, you have pocket aces and your opponent has pocket tens. The odds of you winning are roughly 80%. Yes, your opponent may win 1/5 times but you're going to win 4/5 times. If you make the same bet 1,000 times, you are going to be wildly profitable.

The goal in poker is to pick your spots. The better you are, the more you can understand if you are ahead of your opponent or behind. If you're ahead, you put more money into the hand. If you're behind, you get away from it without adding more money.

If you're a bad player, you end up putting money in when you're behind.

Another example: If you have pocket 2's and the board is AKQJJ, do you think that your pocket 2's are good?

That's an easy example. Now what about if you have pocket 9's with that same board. Still an easy example because you're probably behind and you should fold.

Now, what about if you have pocket 10's? You have a straight but your opponent could have a full house. Is your straight good? The good players can understand this situation and know the answer. The bad players will not.

When you're good, there's less risk and more profit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

SHOT!
MichaelApproved and Scumhook like this.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #33 (permalink)

Another triumphant episode!!

Never before has 2 hours shot by in such a short space of time.

I felt like I connected with Michael during this ep - which speaks to Mikey's honesty and openness.

Just one fucking question - how the fuck can you be with a Latina for 4 YEARS AND NEVER YELL OR HAVE A FUCKING FIGHT??????????? Seriously, this bit did my fucking head in.

OK, she's from SoCal and is scared of snow, but still...
Old 12-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #34 (permalink)

Long Lost VIP Member Returns

Hello everybody,

I had to cash out of VIP last summer because I couldn't scrape up 15 bucks a month. Yeah, it was really bad. So I finally did what a sensible KATG fan would do and dumped my girlfriend so I could afford to reup my VIP account. There was simply no way I could get through the fucking holidays without My Name is Keith, Myka Fox and Friends and the award winning? That's The Show With Danny. Also too, there is just no way I could miss Michael on MNIK and that show will be my Christmas Eve entertainment. Me and Jesus both love you Michael, but I love you more cause I happen to be real.
You might say I've been callous by trading the love (and lust) of a beautiful woman in order to listen to these podcasts. And if you saw this stunning example of sexuality and boobliness you'd pronounce me clinically STUPIT! But!!! You would be very wrong and I forgive you. For this otherwise dream come true of a young lady did not care for the Keith and the Girl Show. I know! It happens and it's a terrible shame. I do hold out hope that she will in time understand her intellectual shortcomings and return to my warm and sleazy embrace, but until then I have a few extra shekels in my pocket and I intend to put them to the best possible use by contributing to this great family of podcasters to the princely sum of 15 bucks a month because I'm one broke motherfucker and that's all I can afford.

I love almost all of you,
Pastaface
Old 12-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Another triumphant episode!!

Never before has 2 hours shot by in such a short space of time.

I felt like I connected with Michael during this ep - which speaks to Mikey's honesty and openness.

Just one fucking question - how the fuck can you be with a Latina for 4 YEARS AND NEVER YELL OR HAVE A FUCKING FIGHT??????????? Seriously, this bit did my fucking head in.

OK, she's from SoCal and is scared of snow, but still...
Surprisingly, for a Latina, her mentality isn't to fight. She tends to respond with "So, I guess you're a shithead, what's the point in continuing." She'll accept it for what it is and deal with the fact that I'm retarded.

However, I can't leave things like that. If I'm going to be branded a shithead, I want to make sure it's for the right reasons. So, I'll keep the discussion going until we air it all out.

Sometimes, we'll repeat things 10 different times until finally something clicks. It seems like the same thing is being said each time but there's a subtle difference and that's the difference that creates the breakthrough. Something new is said that helps one of us understand the other person's point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaFace View Post
there is just no way I could miss Michael on MNIK and that show will be my Christmas Eve entertainment. Me and Jesus both love you Michael, but I love you more cause I happen to be real.
Welcome back! I love you too, so email Marisela and she'll add video to your VIP account. You and Jesus both have to experience me on the big screen.

Marry Christmas, you bastard.
Keith and Scumhook like this.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I just checked and the entire MNIK Factory has agreed that Marisela is most very welcome to be a guest at any time.
MichaelApproved and Scumhook like this.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I just checked and the entire MNIK Factory has agreed that Marisela is most very welcome to be a guest at any time.
Seconded!!!
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Metric rules.
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hey did Michael create the new VIP Lifetime badge? It looks great. I like the little shimmer to it. Most cool.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hey did Michael create the new VIP Lifetime badge? It looks great. I like the little shimmer to it. Most cool.
Indeed I did. Pretty cool, right? Happy to hear that you like it
Enunciated Piffle likes this.