Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael's Servant
  • 2 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 1 Post By lizsquiz
  • 3 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By flerchin

Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

112: Psych!

Welcome back to another classic edition of Me. This week's episode has everything you could ever want from life. Jokes! Impressions! Mental health discussions! So get naked and take a dip in the cool ocean of my earnestness. Come on in. The water's fine.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

A+ ep. Thank you Danny for making it happen. Not sure about the new Mountain Goats' sound. Might be too upbeat. I like when bands try something new, but it usually takes a bit to get used to.

Also, you did a great job during Marathon. I wonder how much time total you did..? Seems like you were on quite a bit. You held down the fort nicely is what I'm trying to say. So cheers. I got very excited about calling in when Chris Laker and you were on.

I've been listening to his album and wondering if maybe he had like, an epiphany about comedy after his car wreck. Anyways. You were both very nice about my call in. In retrospect, asking two comedians, "How do you know if you're funny?" Might be the dumbest question I've ever asked. You were both very nice and sweet about it though. Does asking if you're funny indicate that you are NOT funny?

If you're reading this; I gotta ask. Can you talk about your first time on stage sometime on show? I think there's a youtube video of you in highschool... Is that your first time?

I'm looking forward to hearing that bonus hour. Also my call in to Keith, (as that was kinda blurry) but also looking forward to hearing Rosa's calls. I gotta say. Rosa call-ins were a big factor in making Marathon special this year.
Keith and Rosa like this.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda wasn't there when Piff called in the first time, but she and Danny were both there when he called in the second time.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I recorded our call, Piff. On my own. So that I wouldn't have to wait on Jason.

Later, I was also trying to nap as I heard your voice being recording in my "sleeping" room.

Oh my goodness. You're the best.

"Chris, when you crashed the car into the tree, did you know it was funny?"

Great question.

I can't wait to see you. Write on our thread if you're avail. in March or June. April is no good.

The next 2-3 weeks is a great time if that happens to be possible (Cat's away, Chemda's wedding - no one to stop us!!!), but absolutely no pressure. We'll get this barn-burner burning.

See you over here: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ng-mnik-19088/
Old 02-07-2015, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This episode made me so happy I had a boner for the full 43 minutes but it wasn't even sexual. It was just because of love.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
This episode made me so happy I had a boner for the full 43 minutes but it wasn't even sexual. It was just because of love.
For 43 mins. the sheep of NZ were relieved
Old 02-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for the Black mirror recommendation. Seriously a great show.

I literally LOLed at "I realized being funny doesn't mean you're a good person."

TTSWD is still the best show on the internet.
Enunciated Piffle and Rosa like this.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Black Mirror is genius. Heavy stuff. It's greatness is also amplified by the fact that the bulk of American television today is thoughtless, shitty, reality shows. The British don't dumb it down. Very ballsy.

Some of the episodes had a Kurt Vonnegut satire feel to them. Can't wait for more!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Black Mirror is genius. Heavy stuff. It's greatness is also amplified by the fact that the bulk of American television today is thoughtless, shitty, reality shows. The British don't dumb it down. Very ballsy.

Some of the episodes had a Kurt Vonnegut satire feel to them. Can't wait for more!
As an Englishman I can vouch that 99% of our tv is shit too, just a different kind of shit to American shit. HBO shows are usually better than anything we do.

And Danny I would like to take this opportunity to say I like most of your music but even I don't like Mountain Goats. My top three bands are Los Camps!, Titus Andronicus and Slow Club. If you don't know Slow Club you should get on that.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have started listening to the audio only versions of TTSWD as I haven't got much time to watch the videos at the moment and as a result falling WAY behind. So I heard this show yesterday as an indication of how far back I've gotten.

Loving the show as always and gave the first episode of Black Mirror a spin last night - woah! What a great way to start a show off...