Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree4Likes

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

18: Bring-Bring!

Hey! Wow! What a knockout! This episode had it all! Humor! Heart! Pathos! Love! It truly is a 2013 show, maybe the first 2013 Danny show to be truly hosted by 2013 Danny. I also read a story I wrote, and Lennay Kekua kept calling in to offer her words of encouragement. What a sweetheart. Anyway, hope you enjoy this one. I love you.

Foreign Films and Modern Plays

Danny Hatch (dannyhatch) on Twitter

Danny Hatch on Facebook

Click here to join VIP today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danny show.jpg (112.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Marisela; 01-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was about to ask whether this episode truly has everything, and then I saw Danny's notes. Horror, check.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

IT'S A METAPHOR FOR A BAD MARRIAGE, THE HOUSE ISN'T ACTUALLY BLEEDING GAH

The Mountain Goats - The House That Dripped Blood - YouTube
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith's fictional girlfriend character calling in is gold. Please, PLEASE allow this character to occur/ happen / live / breathe again.

Also, Danny is a great writer. Not sure if I laughed during his reading, but enjoyed it nonetheless. Oh. A run-on sentence joke was made. Scratch that. It was funny.

Also, I like this show because it not only allows Danny to explore and shine, but you get a different side of Chemda as well.

I didn't get into Yo La Tengo for years because I thought it was a salsa band...
I haven't heard the new album, but I think Danny should get Chemda and Keith to listen to the track "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House" as it is delight. A very mellow, chilled...delight.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Keith's fictional girlfriend character calling in is gold. Please, PLEASE allow this character to occur/ happen / live / breathe again.

Also, Danny is a great writer. Not sure if I laughed during his reading, but enjoyed it nonetheless. Oh. A run-on sentence joke was made. Scratch that. It was funny.

Also, I like this show because it not only allows Danny to explore and shine, but you get a different side of Chemda as well.

I didn't get into Yo La Tengo for years because I thought it was a salsa band...
I haven't heard the new album, but I think Danny should get Chemda and Keith to listen to the track "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House" as it is delight. A very mellow, chilled...delight.
"Lennay" was fantastic. She's a sweet girl, got her heart in the right place. She'll be back, I'm sure.

Thanks for yr feedback about my story. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I didn't necessarily write it as a comedy thing, so not laughing is totally called for. But laughing is also called for. Everything is great.

I love the Tony Orlando song. Do you listen to Comedy Bang! Bang!? (I'm plugging another podcast on my podcast's forum threat, huh.) YLT were the musical guests on one episode and they did a great version of it.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
IT'S A METAPHOR FOR A BAD MARRIAGE, THE HOUSE ISN'T ACTUALLY BLEEDING GAH

The Mountain Goats - The House That Dripped Blood - YouTube
So, this episode didn't ACTUALLY have it all. I'm disappointed.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ok. So just listened to The Mtn Goats. I like the imagery. "The cellar door is an open throat" is great. I think it's musically not as amazing as the writing, but perhaps the emphasis is on the lyrics anyway...?

Is there a KATG music thread? One where you recommmend one song, maybe post a YouTube link, (how do you do that, btw?) and maybe put a short description as to why you like the song?

I would recommend Danny listens to The Silver Jew's "Random Rules" There's a youtube vid. The singer is one of the greatest, funny writers that possibly shouldn't be fronting a band ever. The song begins, "In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection. Slowly screwing my way across Europe, they had to make a correction."

Also, I think Danny should write a short play that has JFOD act out all the characters...
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

What was the book Danny and Emmy liked? I didn't write it down because I was sure I'd remember... and I do not.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Silver Jews used to be my shit. Moldy Peaches and Herman Dune were a couple of my favs as well. None of these bands really get me going anymore, but something like Elliott Smith's Twilight might catch me here and again. These days, I'm into music that makes me sweat.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayepants View Post
What was the book Danny and Emmy liked? I didn't write it down because I was sure I'd remember... and I do not.
Gone Girl