Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Jessica332
  • 3 Post By craigdw
  • 2 Post By Rosa
  • 1 Post By Todd

Old 02-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

205: The End.

Surprise!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Wow! Earlier today I was thinking about how there would be no That's the Show with Danny in my feed today. This made made me sad. Then right before I go to bed I see a new episode is available for download on my notifications. I am so happy. Now tell me this going to happen every Thursday right? We your fans think that was the last show then every week you surprise us with another episode. Maybe every now and then take a week or two off to make is think maybe the last one was it.
Bucho, kevinquinn and Rosa like this.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Like a lot of other fans, I was super bummed-out yesterday, thinking there wouldn’t be a TTSWD. I’ve come to rely on hearing the show every week to help maintain my sanity. The surprise episode made me happy because a) it merely existed at all b) Rosa was on, too, and c) it was a nice long one (that's what she said ).

Danny, you already know how much I appreciate you, and how much I'll miss you, so I won’t go into all that again.

This show was a great one to end on. It was a chill convo between two smart and funny people. Smart, funny people make me feel recharged these days, because in my normal day-to-day, I’m surrounded by vapid supporters of “Dolt 45.” I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, even though Rosa referred to me as a "low bar" by which to measure the enjoyability of the show. Ha Ha. It’s OK. I laughed. She’s right. I’m really easy when it comes to this show, but I'm not an easy audience in general. There's A LOT of bad comedy out there, and a LOT of morning zoo-like podcasts, where constant giggling is supposed to pass for comedy. That's why I appreciate the KATG network in general, and TTSWD in particular. I love each and every show, even when you (Danny) think the quality is sub-par. It’s ALWAYS been great. Every time!

On the penultimate episode, you read one of my comments, and I must clarify, because I sounded like I was being a little critical. I said something like -- the first Shane Mauss Memorial Hour was pretty good, the next one I wasn’t sure about at first, but then I was on board all the way. When I said the first one was “pretty good,” I didn’t mean “meh,” I meant pretty damned good. And if I was ever unsure about you continuing with the bit, it was for maybe 1/100,000th of a second. I trust your comedy instincts, and, of course, this became one of my favorite bits.

Speaking of which, why isn't anyone talking about your brilliant character names? I’m only thinking of a few here, but they make me laugh so hard: Franklin Delano Mauss, “named after the president, but not the one you’re thinking of” ; Ron Wayne Gacy, and (perhaps my favorite) A. Dolfhitler. These are genius, I tell you.

Anyway, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I goddam love you Danny.
Bucho, Apia and Rosa like this.

CW Design Shop
Old 02-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

for folks interested in the very sppoky "photoshop for audio" tech that I mentioned, here's the announcement: https://arstechnica.com/information-...peech-editing/

love you guyyyyys!
Bucho and craigdw like this.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Just stumbled upon this episode this morning. I'm only an hour in, but I have to say: being in love has certainly turned Danny into an optimist! The only options are hunker down or flee? Good for you!

Me, I'm going to mix up a batch of Jonestown Kool-Aid for my family at the first hint of trouble. Like, right away. Immediately. Say, I get an e-mail about an overdue library book? Drink up, my lovelies. Daddy loves you very much.
memecherry likes this.