Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Ben Lerman have been deported?
Yes; rules are rules. He should have known them and followed them. 85 63.91%
No; everything was blown out of proportion. 48 36.09%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlerman View Post
Right. Of course. I meant, it is not possible to do it LEGALLY.
Here we go...

Go here

UK Border Agency | Temporary workers - creative and sporting

Thats what you qualify under

You are correct you need a sponsor, no sponsor no working in the UK, doing at least your job.

If the place is listed as a 'sponsor' then you can... They don't have to specifically have to sponsor you, they just need to be on a 'virtual list.'

What I mean is that if they are on this list and have previously had foreign workers then they are probably on this list and 'sponsoring you will not be an issue.'

Once you've done that

You go here

Border & Immigration Agency | Points-based calculator

Its pretty much only 2 questions if you have a sponsor and can you support yourself.. or something like that..

This is what you need to have

UK Border Agency | Maintenance (funds)

This is how much it costs 125 pounds

Visa fees

There's the website CTRL F "Tier 5 applicant (temporary worker)"

You'll see there..

This is the "how to apply" section
Information guides for visa applicants

Points Based System Tier 5, Temporary Worker (INF 27)

Here is the hard copy of applying

Visa application forms

CTRL F "PBS Appendix 6 Temporary Worker assessment form"

OR you can APPLY online

Apply online

But you obviously need that sponsor, and like I said its not someone that is 'REALLY sponsoring you,' its just that they need to be on a list of sponsors so they can bring in foreign workers.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor View Post
Here we go...

Go here

UK Border Agency | Temporary workers - creative and sporting

Thats what you qualify under

You are correct you need a sponsor, no sponsor no working in the UK, doing at least your job.

If the place is listed as a 'sponsor' then you can... They don't have to specifically have to sponsor you, they just need to be on a 'virtual list.'

What I mean is that if they are on this list and have previously had foreign workers then they are probably on this list and 'sponsoring you will not be an issue.'

Once you've done that

You go here

Border & Immigration Agency | Points-based calculator

Its pretty much only 2 questions if you have a sponsor and can you support yourself.. or something like that..

This is what you need to have

UK Border Agency | Maintenance (funds)

This is how much it costs 125 pounds

Visa fees

There's the website CTRL F "Tier 5 applicant (temporary worker)"

You'll see there..

This is the "how to apply" section
Information guides for visa applicants

Points Based System Tier 5, Temporary Worker (INF 27)

Here is the hard copy of applying

Visa application forms

CTRL F "PBS Appendix 6 Temporary Worker assessment form"

OR you can APPLY online

Apply online

But you obviously need that sponsor, and like I said its not someone that is 'REALLY sponsoring you,' its just that they need to be on a list of sponsors so they can bring in foreign workers.
ehhhhhh....too much work.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

yea pretty much...
Old 12-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

The comment about how there should be somebody specific on staff to tell an airline passenger that they're too fat and they'll need to purchase two seats made me gleeful that perhaps somebody out there shares my misery.

I've been working as the manager/naturalist for a Whale Watching company, and half the time my job this summer was telling people that they were too fat to ride in the boat. Our cruiser suits go up to size XXXL, and we can take people of substantial size, but I was shocked to see how many people are out there that are morbidly obese and don't have a clue.

It's heartbreaking and awkward trying to pull somebody aside so that you can privately tell them that unfortunately they will not be able to participate in this activity with their family. I'll even go as far as to let them feed their denial by letting them try on the biggest suit (commonly referred to as the 'Giant Suit') as they insist that they're a normal size, but there reaches a point where you just want to scream "Ma'am, people want to see whales in the water, not on the boat." Or any variation of that, and there's lots of material in people being too fat to go watch whales. I've heard it all, because yes - we are laughing at you.

Edit for 2022: God, I was such an asshole about bodies. I also had an eating disorder and the majority of my self worth came from how thin I was, so it makes sense that I projected those values on others. I really wish I could take back these hateful words, but I said what I said and I apologize.

Last edited by SkeleGirl; 08-12-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post
The comment about how there should be somebody specific on staff to tell an airline passenger that they're too fat and they'll need to purchase two seats made me gleeful that perhaps somebody out there shares my misery.

I've been working as the manager/naturalist for a Whale Watching company, and half the time my job this summer was telling people that they were too fat to ride in the boat. Our cruiser suits go up to size XXXL, and we can take people of substantial size, but I was shocked to see how many people are out there that are morbidly obese and don't have a clue.

It's heartbreaking and awkward trying to pull somebody aside so that you can privately tell them that unfortunately they will not be able to participate in this activity with their family. I'll even go as far as to let them feed their denial by letting them try on the biggest suit (commonly referred to as the 'Giant Suit') as they insist that they're a normal size, but there reaches a point where you just want to scream "Ma'am, people want to see whales in the water, not on the boat." Or any variation of that, and there's lots of material in people being too fat to go watch whales. I've heard it all, because yes - we are laughing at you.
haha. i worked at a movie theatre and would have a good laugh seeing the imprints left by fat fucks in the seats. one ass cheek on each seat with the armrest up in the middle. good times.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post

I worked down in Victoria I lived there for a summer.... ahhh memories...(actually from the Island)

Anyways.. there's a guy that created a business in the US making XXXXXL coffins because there was no one that did it......
Old 12-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlerman View Post
Right. Of course. I meant, it is not possible to do it LEGALLY.
RefusingYouLiquor has posted good links and information. However, there is another way to handle all of this.

First, you need a freakin' stage name. All marketing should be done under this name only, especially any web sites.

Second, ship the merchandise ahead of you. Carry NOTHING with you mentioning the stage name.

Third, all legal paperwork, passport, etc. should have no reference to your stage name.

Keep 'em separate. You're good to go......unless, of course, the customs agent is gay and hates your jokes. Then you're fucked.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #38 (permalink)

I love Ben Lerman, I'm always so happy to see him on the show. I pretty much love all of the guests like crazy, but Ben's made it into my top guests along with Jesse Joyce and Patrice.

However, there was a point in the show where Keith said something like "what would we do if this wasn't happening to our friend Ben Lerman, and was instead happening to another guy that we don't know and don't give a shit about?" That got me. Because if this was a news story that was read on KATG, I'd be here saying that Mr. Jones or whoever broke the rules and should have been deported. I think it sucks that Ben got deported, and it really sucks that the fat guy had to be such a dick about it, but if I would say that Mr. Jones should get deported, on principal, I have to say that Ben should have gotten deported too.

Anybody reading this can remind me of this post next time I break the rules and get caught and punished for doing it. I'm sure I'll not want to hear it, and I'm sure I'll be really fucking pissed off for having this shoved in my face, but I'll deserve it.

Last edited by marina; 12-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

Ben Lerman

Just listened to this episode and I have to say, this is my favorite of Ben's because we get to learn so much about his personal life. I thought he was cute before, but that's now been upgraded to adorable.