Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were the people behind the Golden Globes upset with Ricky Gervais?
Yes; to them he went too far. 36 27.69%
No; they knew what he was going to say. 94 72.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1319: Catfish

"I'm about to enter your catfish."

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Loved Ricky Gervais! He shouldn't have been the host because his humour doesn't match the fakeness and pretense that is Hollywood Award shows.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I loved that he just went for it. Kind of like "Wait, you want me to host the show? You sure? Alright... " It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and he took it. He could've just as easily sold out, but decided to do a roast of people making a living pretending to be role models while getting away with murder in front of them and a global audience.

EDIT: and I'm totally convinced that they knew what he was going to say, even if they didn't proof read his material (which I highly doubt). If they would've watched their own show last year they would have seen the insults he handed out to, among others, Mel Gibson (YouTube link). Even back then he said "oh what the hell, I won't be back here anyway".

Last edited by -=AJ=-; 01-19-2011 at 06:08 AM. Reason: just noticed the poll
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Seriously, if they are upset, it proves that they are a bunch of self absorbed, stiff douches.

Those Jokes were quite tepid, not that funny and really not that shocking. Travolta and Cruise are gay. Oh my god. too far. who would dare say such things.

The whole outrage is a fake. and if it isnt they're just ridiculous.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Chemda's slight irritation at Keith talking about the lesbianism in Black Swan was pretty dumb. Stop projecting and getting irritated whenever anyone says the word "lesbian". Anyone with a penis and heterosexual tendencies is going to perk up when they hear "Natalie Portman", "Mila Kunis", and "lesbian" in the same sentence.

What are we supposed to like, Chemda? Dudes? Do you know what being a heterosexual male means?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

i found that scene quite sexy, btw, even if it wasnt supposed to be. natalie portman orgasming is quite a sight, even if its fake.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

There are certain topics that women talk about that make men cringe, roll their eyes, or want to escape the room. And listening to guys wax poetic about how hot lesbians are is one of those topics that tends to make women roll their eyes. That's just the way it is.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Black Swan was interesting, is it true that the same director is doing the next Wolverine movie?

I didn't like Catfish, but my friend took me to see it cause she thought it was a horror movie, I hadn't even heard of it, so I kept expecting some crazy twist, other then the obvious "All that was fake." Maybe Keith liked it cause it shows how a relationship can blossom over electronic communication.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

I agree with Keith, fingernails cracking off is the WORST.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
There are certain topics that women talk about that make men cringe, roll their eyes, or want to escape the room. And listening to guys wax poetic about how hot lesbians are is one of those topics that tends to make women roll their eyes. That's just the way it is.
Tell me one thing that men stereotypically find to be annoying that is integral to a heterosexual woman's sexual orientation.

Show me a guy that is irritated by a woman who waxes poetic about how much she loves dick, and I'll show you certainly non-heterosexual male.

This analogue is presupposing that women aren't talking about stupid shit AND being unreasonably irritated by normal heterosexual male behavior. If you cannot give me an example of what I asked for in the first sentence, you cannot make any such analogue.

What's more, the core ideology that behind securing acceptance for gay, lesbian, trans, etc. folk is that people are born certain ways and they can't help that. My penis gets quite excited when it gets a whiff of some good lesbianism; I can't help that. It strikes me as more than a bit hypocritical to say, "You're wrong for being how you were born, now accept me for how I was born."