Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Lucas be on prescription drugs?
Yes 151 78.24%
No 42 21.76%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1356: Well Enough

"Why not get on drugs?"

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001369822250

Keith and The Girl Store
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here is the video keith talked about on the show

YouTube - Bully gets Owned (SPARTA)

Anyone else kind of hope that the bully got his spine broken and has to live in a wheel chair for the rest of his life? Kids like this are sociopaths and the world really would be a better place without them. I think its Keith who said something like "Eh, lets be honest were not losing a cancer cure"

They suspended the kid who was getting picked on for 4 days (The bully kid got 21) I think that the kid who got picked on should have gotten nothing, that way they can show kids that they can defend themselves without having to worry about getting punished. (You know, like how your allowed to shoot someone who tries to rob you)

When it comes to bullys I say we use Keith's Justice
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have seen prescription medication work for some people, but it takes a lot of time and it can be potentially dangerous if you aren't aware of some of the side effects. Personally I have been on more medication than I care to remember and I never saw any results that I was satisfied with. Some of the drugs actually increased suicidal thoughts and activity. Others just dulled all my emotions so the infrequent flares of joy I would get doing something fun turned into smirks over time and life still became relatively dispensable. Had I not been an angsty teenager at the time I am sure I would have realized the medications were a bad fit before it got to a very bad place. I don't want this to be taken as discouraging him from medication. But I more want to convey that a rational amount of skepticism should be used when somebody gives you drugs, even if they are a doctor. I have since stopped taking prescription medication and occasionally when things get too dark I lightly use weed. I wouldn't say I recommend it, I don't know you nearly well enough to say that. And too be honest its hard for me to objectively judge if it's working for me.

If I were to have any advise, I would say that if you can get the will to go the medication route, you should try it. It has benefited many people I know. Just be aware that in my opinion psychology is a soft science and psychiatrists don't always have your best interest in mind. So just make sure you stay in touch with how your feeling and make sure the meds aren't making you worse off. And never just stop taking the drugs, if you get into higher dosages you need to ween yourself off or you can crash as is the case with most mind altering substances (accept weed teehee).

You already know what its like without the medication. If your darker emotions are getting in the way of you progressing in a direction you want to be going then at least try medication, most likely it wont kill you whereas melting down and giving up every now and then can. Take what I have said with a grain of salt, there is no empirical logic to how to deal with depression. I just felt obligated to share what I know. These are dangerous waters we tred and it is important to be informed.

PS: Getting pussy wouldn't fix your problem, but it can be a damn good band-aid.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sounds like this dude smokes a lot of pot and it does not appear to be helping.

btw, it's totally cool to have normal brain chemistry. Harpsichord brain ftw.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Sounds like this dude smokes a lot of pot and it does not appear to be helping.
Not sure if you were referring to me or lucas but I do not. I don't let myself get to the point of using it very often and I wont do that much. Like painkillers, if taken when you have pain and the proper dosage it can be beneficial. But like I said before, I do not necessarily recommend it because there are currently better alternatives for him.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

hmm. imagine that. Lucas doesn't look like what I envisoned him to be.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

I've smoked (or used weed in some other way) maybe five times in my whole life. So I don't do it much, but it can be fun.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

I don't think he needs drugs. It's just a matter of being patient. He's got to make himself happy before he can find someone else who makes him happy.

Some people are super socially awkward (me being one of them). You just have to go for it. Crash and burn a few times. Stop being so in your head. Pot really keeps you in your head. Maybe try a new scene. April 15th may prove to be benficial, since you'll be around a bunch of socially awkward fans who have now heard your life story.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First, no one can force anyone to change, so if Lucas really wants help with his depression, he is the one that is going to have to accept it. Even if he knows deep down that it is the best thing for him, if he is 'forced' into it by his friends, then it likely isn't going to work.

Second, I like Chemda think that medication would be beneficial. I have to take meds to keep my depression and my anxiety in check. I was at first very against having to be on any kind of mind altering drugs as I had been on Ritalin from Third Grade thru college for ADHD. Talk about a medicine that fucks you up. I was a completly different person on Ritalin, it gave me a lot of social anxiety, I was afraid of pretty much everything, and I was zombie like. I honestly think that it increased my depression while I was on it.

The meds I am on now for my anxiety and depression do not make me feel like a zombie at all-when I first started on them, I finally felt normal and like myself without all the bullshit cutting and other depression funks that almost took me out.

I did not have to go to a psychiatrist who sometimes, instead of actually talking with patients, spend less than 5 minutes before prescribing a barage of meds. I would highly recommend going to a general practitioner, voicing fears about being on meds so that they can maybe start him on something with a low dosage and less chances of side affects.

If he really is against taking any kind of meds, talking to a therapist, or even just friends helps as it does sound like it helps when he talks things out. I would recommend a social worker as they are more likely to actually listen and take into account other factors and not be as judgmental or kooky as other therapists. They are also likely to have access to free or cheap programs within the community that could help.(note: I clearly have a biased opinion as I am in a program to become a social worker, but I have been to numerous (4)therapists as well who pissed me off)
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

medications reduce the symptoms but they also, in most cases, have a whole bunch of annoying side effects. If they're mood stabylizers, they cut your libido down to almost zero. to reduce the bad mood, they also reduce the good one and make everything mid-level, so basically you feel numb all the time. youre less angry or unhappy but you aint happy either.

The uppers help you at first but in the end you have to work it out on your own and theres an almost ceratin possibility of getting addicted to them. you take them to feel "normal" at first, then your brain gets used to them and you end up having to take them to avoid withdrawal (happens to me everytime i try to quit), so you kinda never get rid of them.

If you go to a psychiatrist, they will give you meds. they dont even think twice anymore, they give pills for everything, no matter the conseuqences, its their main income.

I went to 3 different doctors for my depression/bi-polarism and they gave me three different sets of stuff. Some of it helped a tinby bit, but i couldve easily done without them and nowadays i have to pop them whether i want or not.

So, if you can avoid going on meds, please do.