Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith a shithead for not getting a rescue?
Yes 19 23.46%
No 62 76.54%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree62Likes

Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1811: Hugsy Malone

Share this episode: Hugsy Malone (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by dannyhatch; 07-16-2013 at 10:29 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Having heard Keith's interesting scenarios on what people should have done in much harder situations he really gives Zimmerman a pass. In the past where people have been on a bus with a weapon wielding madman Keith will know the many ways they should have completely handled it, one person grabs an overhead suitcase while the intended victim swirls and ducks out of the way, a third person grabs the attacker's knife with their own belt giving the first person enough time to bash the attacker over the head with the suitcase.

In this case Zimmerman with the gun and 40 pounds on Martin couldn't even be expected to try to shoot Martin in the foot not the heart. This 40 pound heavier man was supposedly so completely dominated that he could only take out his gun (and retain control of his gun without any of Martin's prints on the gun) and shoot Martin in the chest.

"Are the injuries to the back of the defendant's (Zimmerman's) head consistent with having been repeatedly slammed into a concrete surface?"

Medical examiner: "No, because if you look at the injuries they are so minor that to me the word slam implies great force and the resultant injuries are not great force."

I was excited when I heard KATG was going to talk about the Zimmerman case because I thought Keith would both really let Zimmerman have it and be completely extreme and hilarious while doing it. Oh well maybe next big national media murder case.
Redhead and Coolkid18 like this.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
Having heard Keith's interesting scenarios on what people should have done in much harder situations he really gives Zimmerman a pass. In the past where people have been on a bus with a weapon wielding madman Keith will know the many ways they should have completely handled it, one person grabs an overhead suitcase while the intended victim swirls and ducks out of the way, a third person grabs the attacker's knife with their own belt giving the first person enough time to bash the attacker over the head with the suitcase.
Oh you.
CherryLavender and lattaland like this.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Crysis

I never played the game, but google says to call in an air strike, you have to be on the dock, use B to activate the binoculars (I don't know if you have to equip them or what first), look at the boat (target it if possible), and press the fire button. Found it here.

Here is for Crysis 2.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just got a puppy (named Tesla) recently too. She was a rescue from an individual family who had found her at four weeks old, abandoned and really sick out on the street. They nursed her back to health, but had to give her up as they had several dogs already and couldn't comfortably house her.

What's struck me most about the whole thing is how incredibly judgmental people are of me. A good hunk of the people I've told have assumed I don't know how much work and money is going to go into her. They try to impart all of this deep wisdom that just comes off rude and condescending. They also get very displeased that I got her from a family and not a shelter.

Even the vet, when I called to make an appointment asked me "So where did you adopt her from?" Me: "A foster family." the receptionist was chipper up to that point and then she just got icy and refused to do any more small talk.

I've heard talk of people kidnapping pets to resell them online or raising litters in very bad conditions for monetary purposes, but I did my due diligence, met the family, met the dog, and saw the conditions. She was also only being sold for a very small fee to make sure I wasn't going to feed her to a pit bull or something so the whole thing was unlikely to be to earn money. I saved up for two years to have a substantial emergency fund before I even started looking for a puppy. I've had dogs all my life. I puppy proofed, scouted out vets, got insurance, read books. The whole shebang.

So... I guess my point is no matter what you do, everyone has an opinion and very few will be pleased.

I think you'll do just fine.

Just expect everyone to be judgy assholes.

(Also Embrace is the pet insurance company I have. They're one of the few that covers routine vet stuff like vaccinations etc. and are pretty good so far, I'd recommend them.)
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

taking from a family is a nice thing. we had to recently give away a kitten; very pleased one of our tenants were able to care for him, wee Emilio Esteves.

i think pet insurance is ridiculous. /getting/ a dog comes with some cost: fees, spay/neuter, microchip, good solid initial veterinarian once over. once a year costs aren't awful: disease tests, shots. the once monthly cost is necessary and maintains fine health: flea/tick/heartworm.

the number of emergency times your dog could have is kinda small. and, yeah, those things can be pricey, BUT, those bloody fucked up times are the only times you need the vet; dogs are fucking dogs. they heal themselves pretty good most of the time on their own if you leave him be. having pet insurance is wasteful money you could just damn pay for the services straight up that shakes out to about the same. all i see is that it gives you a reason to go to the vet unnecessarily to justify having it.

dogs aren't children. they're dogs. you don't need insurance. really want a safety net in case Hugz gets his leg half gnawed off by wildebeests? Stick your $5 bills in a jar. It'll be enough to cover it in the infinitesimal if/when.
John Galt likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-16-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

No.. the worst thing is not an innocent guy getting punishment but rather a child getting shot and killed for no reason.

GZ was an agressor and pursued a child who he felt was "acting suspicious". Who trained him what was suspicious and what isn't. This was profiling. This child (yes a child) was simply walking home from the store. He had every right to walk home.

Did Trayvon Martin attach GZ? Was Trayvon defending himself against Zimmerman? We don't know Trayvon's side because he was killed and can't speak for himself.

Guns give pussies a lion heart. GZ would have never pursued this kid if he didn't have a gun. Trayvon was a kid and quite possibly he was not equipped in a maturity perspective to handle a situation like this. There is no reason to expect Trayvon to subjegate himself to GZ.

George Zimmerman picked a fight with a kid, got beat up and then he shot the kid.

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Speaking of pitches:

MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

violachick8 and Coolkid18 like this.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
No.. the worst thing is not an innocent guy getting punishment but rather a child getting shot and killed for no reason.

GZ was an agressor and pursued a child who he felt was "acting suspicious". Who trained him what was suspicious and what isn't. This was profiling. This child (yes a child) was simply walking home from the store. He had every right to walk home.

Did Trayvon Martin attach GZ? Was Trayvon defending himself against Zimmerman? We don't know Trayvon's side because he was killed and can't speak for himself.

Guns give pussies a lion heart. GZ would have never pursued this kid if he didn't have a gun. Trayvon was a kid and quite possibly he was not equipped in a maturity perspective to handle a situation like this. There is no reason to expect Trayvon to subjegate himself to GZ.

George Zimmerman picked a fight with a kid, got beat up and then he shot the kid.
You can't in one sentence say that Trayvon was just walking home from the store minding his own business, and then in the next sentence say that we cannot know what happened because Trayvon is dead. You have this story of a predatory GZ, but have zero actual facts to back it up. Either we know the whole story or we do not. Obviously, we don't know the whole story, so to assume that there was complete innocence by Trayvon and condemn GZ is not beyond reasonable doubt.

The biggest problem with people that are outraged by the trial outcome is that they have no concept of law, they are acting on emotion. The trial was pretty cut and dry about being unable to prove GZ guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's all it comes down to, and the prosecution could not prove it.

Whether it is right or wrong, one of the first things they teach you in concealed carry classes is that "dead men tell no tales". This fact worked to GZ advantage. Hate it or not, that's how things work.

Should GZ have been there in the first place, probably not, but once the SHTF, that no longer mattered. It's no different than some duechebag being in a bar and being punched, it doesn't really matter what he said to the next guy, the assualt charges are against the attacker, and what the duechebag does next is now self defense. Regardless of how much of a shithead he was for whatever was said. Until the laws get rewritten, it is what it is. Freedom of speech, not freedom of retaliation.

Granted, I voted on Keith's side for the gym guy shooting the "do you even lift?" kid in the knee, but obviously, the law is on the side of the kid that got shot.
lattaland and Scumhook like this.