Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Before hearing about it on KATG, did you know the song ‘Signs?’
Yes 40 71.43%
No 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Who are you, Canines?

I don't mean the forum names you're under. I mean: Who are you?

How can sometimes you make perfect sense and then other times you're so retarded? It can't ALL be from drinking, can it? Are you bi-polar?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're saying that Don made up the amnesia story and made up that his wife tricked him into thinking he was a different kind of person (which of course he did). I don't care what confusion he was going through, that makes him an asshole.

He has 3 children, but still the only excuse he can come up with was to put blame on the wife?

And then not take the blame back when he flip-flopped again?

Fuck him. She's a shithead. (I said 'she.' See how progressive I am?)

When I made jokes about Casey Kasem, I wasn't picking on all DJs. I was picking on Casey. When I make jokes about Don/Dawn, I'm not picking on all transgenders. I'm picking on this freak.
Definitely agree with you on the asshole front. Throwing your wife under the bus because you're feeling shitty is no excuse.

I think the thing that got to me was more that there is already a fairly prevalent stereotype that transgender people are confused and flip-flop on their identity, to push a story like this reinforces that. Unlike racism or even sexual identity, people are so unfamiliar with trans* issues, that simple, singular stories like this do a lot more damage than other 'oh what a fucking idiot example of X' stories that are also on the show.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyPicker View Post
I think the thing that got to me was more that there is already a fairly prevalent stereotype that transgender people are confused and flip-flop on their identity, to push a story like this reinforces that. .
Totally agreed. Not to sound like a lunatic but this is part of the agenda to discredit all that is not straight. I'm actually surprised they couldn't find a black guy to flip flop and make it a full house. But again, not to be a conspiracy theorist.
*why is there a red dot on my chest?*
Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyPicker View Post
I think the thing that got to me was more that there is already a fairly prevalent stereotype that transgender people are confused and flip-flop on their identity, to push a story like this reinforces that. Unlike racism or even sexual identity, people are so unfamiliar with trans* issues, that simple, singular stories like this do a lot more damage than other 'oh what a fucking idiot example of X' stories that are also on the show.
So I have to ignore the whole story so no one gets confused?

Or between sentences of the story do I need to Myq Kaplan it with, "but this is rare and doesn't represent all transgenders. Also one should say 'transgender' not a 'transgendered person.' Also a rug can be oriental, but a person can't be oriental..."

I gotta live, baby.
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Keith's impression of the boss changing from Don to Dawn reminds me of when Mr. Garrison became Ms. Garrison on Southpark season 9
(Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina). The whole episode is available to watch online on the southpark site , but here's a clip for a taste of it:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...-out-my-vagina

Last edited by bluenova; 06-18-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: link didn't work
Old 06-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

It was mentioned briefly at the beginning, but based on Dante's appearance on KATG, I started listening, and it's a pretty good show, would be cool if the KATG Network could pick them up...but what do I know about business stuff...

Anyway, the Beige Phillip Show with Dan and Kelly F was fantastic, almost as fantastic as this episode!

Chemda "I would sooner jerk some weirdo off than make out with him" - this sounds like a Wishmaster Choice!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
So I have to ignore the whole story so no one gets confused?

Or between sentences of the story do I need to Myq Kaplan it with, "but this is rare and doesn't represent all transgenders. Also one should say 'transgender' not a 'transgendered person.' Also a rug can be oriental, but a person can't be oriental..."

I gotta live, baby.
Yeah nobody can't be politically correct all the time but would it really kill the flow of the show to sneak in a sentence on 'wow this whackadoo is really making it harder for transgender people to be taken serious all around' and then continue the jokes?

Also let's not pretend that there weren't jokes flying everywhere when the guy first was mentioned on the show before he got up on all the crazy amnesia shenanigans.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
would it really kill the flow of the show to sneak in a sentence on 'wow this whackadoo is really making it harder for transgender people to be taken serious all around' and then continue the jokes?
Obviously it would.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Obviously it would.
Make Chemda say it - you are comfy, she gets bonus points with her man, everybody wins
Old 06-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Soccer is ''gay'', boring, and for poor people? Guess I can't like now. Shame, I was really enjoying this World Cup.

Last edited by Tomrl94; 06-18-2014 at 03:33 PM.