Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you like musicals?
Yes 18 54.55%
No 15 45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By iheartnihilism
  • 1 Post By FingerLakes

Old 03-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2155: How Does It Feel

with Blake Joseph – Being a twin; musical theater/restaurant workers; Is your partner a boy/girlfriend?; getting dumped; new (aka old) Jimi Hendrix; Jackie Martling calls in; One Direction’s Zayn Malik leaves the group; being hit by cabs; Coney Island Cyclone guests trapped on Day 1; East Village explosion selfies

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Before Keith said it, I thought "that sounds just like that grateful dead song". And the other one does sound like Like a Rolling Stone. Now the question is when did he play those demos? Who was "influenced" by who?
Keith and devohawk like this.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thank you.

And DUH!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I used to work in customer service for years and what I hated the most is the ever-changing addendum to how we have to address the customer or end an email or do anything. At the last job (before I quit in the most spectacular way) we were told we could no longer say "you're welcome" after completing a request for someone, but had to reply "Our pleasure!" The collective "Our" because we need to make sure the entire department gets credit for something that the small portion of people who actually work did.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The new Kelly Clarkson sounds exactly like 1999 Jimmy Eat World.

Kelly Clarkson's New Song Sounds Just Like Jimmy Eat World
Old 04-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Unless it's a hotel calling people guest is weird

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 04-02-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
The new Kelly Clarkson sounds exactly like 1999 Jimmy Eat World.

Kelly Clarkson's New Song Sounds Just Like Jimmy Eat World
Did you write that article?

i love both songs
because they are the similar
Old 04-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

@Piffle
I temped at a large company and my managers were evil, completely incompetent and also had shit fashion sense. They had lied to my face and stringing me along about a perm FT position, saying I would get it before the end of 2013 and then that there was no money for a full time person - all while hiring 4 new FT people and several new part timers. I was had landed my current job on a Monday and decided to quit on Wednesday. We had moved into a new space and there were also a ton of things that were wrong ith the building including the security gates not recognizing cards of dozens of employees and us having to literally sit at the door on multiple floors to let them in; not being allowed to lower blinds so we could actually see our computer screens because they wanted clients to see the amazing view of new jersey and the parking lot across the street, and most recently being mandated to sign in and out of the building with an email to our boss when we come in in the morning, leave for lunch and leave for the day. Like fucking children.

I chose Wednesday because there was going to be department-wide meeting and, unlike the previous 3 meetings, I was going to be allowed to go this one. (Before that I had stay at the reception desk or commute to the second office and miss the meeting). Wednesday morning I go in like normal, having told 3 of my coworkers that I was quitting, no one else on the 18 people team knew. Before people start coming in clear out my account in the vending machine and get a stockpile of snacks and breakfast bars. As the meeting starts I email my temp agent telling them I won't be returning the next day then I shut down my station. I walked up to the floor above to pick up my letter of resignation because none of the 3 desks of receptionist were set up to have printers even after months of us asking requesting them.

I walked into the meeting 15 minutes late in my jacket and with my bag filled with junk food. My coworkers were sitting at the round table all facing me and my boss had her back to me/the door. I walk up beside her, say sorry for being late and waiting for her to look up at me, but she's such a bitch she doesn't even deign to raise her gaze from her keyboard.

I say "Sorry, I'm late. I'll be checking out for lunch," I throw my ID card and letter down on the table near her laptop, "...forever" I turn and walk out as my coworkers erupt into screams and laughter.

It was kinda the best thing ever
Scumhook likes this.