Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2162: Kissing & Screaming (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2162-kissing-screaming-19224/)

Eric M 04-14-2015 11:34 AM

Has there ever been another poll that won with an 87% that still inspired such debate?

Starline 04-14-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marykae (Post 841921)
Eh. I used think similarly to what some of the others are stating. I'm just going to assume the rest of you will catch up with me later. I won't even ask for an apology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgoodlad (Post 841960)
Chemda kept talking about how there can be minor differences in strength or bone density between competitors already. I am wondering if she thinks there shouldn't be any separation of genders in MMA, just match people up by weight class?

I'd watch Co-ed MMA fights based on rank, weight, & height class. That sounds amazing.

starscream 04-14-2015 01:34 PM

I think Chemda would only advocate people fighting themselves. It's the only way to know for sure.

FingerLakes 04-14-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgoodlad (Post 841960)
Chemda kept talking about how there can be minor differences in strength or bone density between competitors already. I am wondering if she thinks there shouldn't be any separation of genders in MMA, just match people up by weight class?

No she doesn't think that since she brought up, multiple times that she believes due to hormone therapy that woman who transitioned would have comparable muscle mass and to women born with a woman body. Her point throughout has been the body of both women being made the same due to chemical therapy and with that starting point them both training and weight lifting as an athlete would they should be on fair ground to fight each other.

I still disagree but I think her point was understandable and that she wasn't just arguing for arguing's sake as some in this thread seem to think

KOUNTRY 04-14-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream (Post 841967)
I think Chemda would only advocate people fighting themselves. It's the only way to know for sure.

Ha ha that's funny shit. It drove me crazy every time she said something like there is always a edge with one of the fighters. It's very true but the goal is to keep the edge as slight as possible. Other wise why not just let Mike Tyson fight these girls sure he has a edge but he sounds kinda feminine.

lilgoodlad 04-14-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 841970)
No she doesn't think that since she brought up, multiple times that she believes due to hormone therapy that woman who transitioned would have comparable muscle mass and to a women born with a woman body. Her point throughout has been the body of both women being made the same due to chemical therapy and with that starting point them both training and weight lifting as an athlete would they should be on fair ground to fight each other.

I still disagree but I think her point was understandable and that she wasn't just arguing for arguing's sake as some in this thread seem to think

Okay, thanks. I was hoping it was more along those lines.

Keith 04-14-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starline (Post 841965)
I'd watch Co-ed MMA fights based on rank, weight, & height class. That sounds amazing.

I'd watch them even if they weren't based on rank, weight, or height class. In fact, I'd ESPECIALLY watch!

starscream 04-14-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 841970)

She keeps asserting that she has presented facts and that Keith has yet to refute them, but mostly they are not facts because we do not have them. (I mean, science doesn't and we, as in us here, definitely do not have them.) At best she is applying things she knows about transgender therapy to a context that, as far as anyone knows, it doesn't apply to. So yes, understandable as in I comprehend what she is saying, but not understandable in a broader way as in she doesn't understand what's she's talking about because she can't because no one does.

And in the absence of facts, MMA has decided to err on the side of not being sued and us talking about it endlessly and that is understandable.

Really the only question here is one of belief and that argument never ends.

ghauck 04-14-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 841975)
I'd watch them even if they weren't based on rank, weight, or height class. In fact, I'd ESPECIALLY watch!

I smell a Kickstarter for "Scumhook vs Fiona" extravaganza. I'd pay 59.99 for that pay per view.

Under card can be Danny vs Hugsy but she has to agree to not peeing on his leg as a distraction.

Keith 04-14-2015 03:36 PM

Hugs just smiled as if to say, "No promises."