Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump last 4 years?
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 11-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #111 (permalink)

i told you i'm *SUPER NOT* hiding people in my crawl space.

look, i'm all about minority groups agitating the fuck out of the scene. i can't commandeer that journey; it's not mine. i can't be this white savior swooping in with a cape to make the baddies shake in their boots. what i /can/ do is touch the people i can touch. take what /you're/ doing and saying and finding ways to help my dummy fuck people hear you. it's the only horse i have to ride in on and my ass is firmly on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #112 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
look, i'm all about minority groups agitating the fuck out of the scene. i can't commandeer that journey; it's not mine..
Sparrow, I'm not telling you to cause trouble or get yourself hurt. I can't tell you to do anything. You should be looking at this from my perspective though.

Imagine if the vandalism in those photos was on your property. What would you do, if anything? The people who did that were talking to me. I don't just see this as something to get mad and rant about. Doing something is not a joke like it is to Keith.

Talking about Trump and the election is great, but this is something much bigger. I was done with this until I saw that stuff. I don't know.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #113 (permalink)

i can understand that.

i think, speaking just for myself about this place, ranting is what makes me feel like i'm not taking crazy pills. the BLM movement was the first time i really got a grip on the level of gas lighting done to you and yours. i'm still processing it. it's bonkers. you absolutely have the leg up on having spent more time dealing with stuff.

if you want to see some of what's being done in our region to push back, take a look at the Alternate ROOTS blog. it's an activist artist organization i've been close with for some time and they move and shake. for nothing else, just to know i'm not alone down here and more is being done by our progressives than Facebook posting. Peace and Love. xoxo
Old 11-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I don't know if people are getting it now. Talk is all that most white liberals are doing. Black people have been living in that same environment for a long time, and they can't just talk about it. People that are being targeted can't just talk about it. And they don't.

I thought this was about outrage over racism. I bring up action, and not much can be done so let's keep talking. Keith still hasn't said what he thinks we should do. What's the point then, especially when it's liberals talking to liberals? That was my whole problem with this.
What I'm telling you is white liberals weren't even talking about a lot of this stuff a few years ago. When there finally started to be some talk about the Confederate flag, it did change the national view. Bringing up a question like that on the national media has made a difference. Stating to people that the Confederate flag is racist is different here now than it was a few years ago.

Change in these matters has never come without loud support from the public. Individuals can influence public sentiment, but true, national progress cannot be made without it. Anybody talking to anybody about these things is an absolutely necessary component of progress.

As someone who lives in the South and for years was going "Why the fuck are none of these liberals talking about this? How is this still okay?", I'd really like it if you didn't discourage people from talking about it now that they've finally started. Considering still nobody really gives a shit about all these goddamn street names, I would tell you people aren't really talking about the legacy of racism in this country enough.
Los and Sparrow like this.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 11-27-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #115 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
What I'm telling you is white liberals weren't even talking about a lot of this stuff a few years ago. When there finally started to be some talk about the Confederate flag, it did change the national view.
I get it, but liberal talk about racism has been going on for decades, same with the Confederate flag. It just ends there until the next time it's in the news, then it's brand new and people are outraged. That's where we are now. Again.

Talking is good, but racism would end completely if white America was the target. White people as a group can change the country. That's why the new anger at an old problem, and blaming Trump is frustrating. It should not be enough for people.

There were big mistakes made by Clinton and the Democrats in this election, and millions of Obama voters were lost. That's what Liberals should be mad about, and they should be mad at the party. Conservatives' anger at the Republican establishment helped them move it in a new direction, whether you agree with it or not. Liberals need to do the same. Anyone who supported Clinton and ignored Bernie Sanders should be listening to him now.

I don't know if this made sense. I'll read it again later.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #116 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Sparrow, I'm not telling you to cause trouble or get yourself hurt. I can't tell you to do anything. You should be looking at this from my perspective though.

Imagine if the vandalism in those photos was on your property. What would you do, if anything? The people who did that were talking to me. I don't just see this as something to get mad and rant about. Doing something is not a joke like it is to Keith.

Talking about Trump and the election is great, but this is something much bigger. I was done with this until I saw that stuff. I don't know.
I do enjoy a good swastika. Fair enough.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #117 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

HOLY FUCK THE ELECTION

Choose your own adventure style guide for what to do, love it
lizsquiz likes this.