Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you hear a difference in Keith since he stopped drinking?
Yes 23 44.23%
No 29 55.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree69Likes

Old 10-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #71 (permalink)

That said Keith's notion that he specifically would have known better at the time is retarded. His how could breathing in smoke be healthy for you is the exact same argument Anti-Vaxxers use. "How could injecting a virus and preservatives be good for you durrrr?" Intuition can fuck you over just as hard as medical science
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #72 (permalink)

Yeah there is a lot of BS information out there. Anyone with any monetary interest is going to lie their fucking face off to get people to buy their shit. That's why, horrible as it is, you can't just take what you find in a study as true. Even scientists are bought off, because they have to live somehow.

That's why Keith said, listen to your body. If you smoke, it feels bad in your body. If you eat junk, it feels bad in your body. Even drugs that feel so amazing in the moment will have a crash, or make you nauseous, or hungover, or lose your teeth. Your body won't lie to you like other people will.

But yeah...victim culture is popular these days.

Also, I think whatever changes Keith is going through right now, including the quitting drinking thing, comes from the disintegration of his marriage. Divorce traumatizing and it changes you. First there is the long, slow decline of the relationship and all the heartache that goes with that, then there is the aching void that you have to deal with even if it's a relief to be done with fighting. At least he's going alcohol sober and working out, that will help. Weed will slow the process though I think, keeps you from processing you emotions (feels good though...)
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #73 (permalink)

Keith's personality since not drinking

I think Keith has gotten more opinionated and standoffish on air. Like...more snarky?

There have also been more emotional and "real" discussions but he's always been more open to that kinda stuff than most guys. I think the increase there is just the topics and the guests who share divorce/fucked up family stories.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #74 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

oh Keith, so you think that having broken legs and torn ligaments daily should have some connection to brain damage. Is that where you are going? Players were/are not daily taken off the field for head trauma, very much the opposite they were sat down and put back out there after a short rest. I expected a better argument from you. "and the Lord said unto his flock though shall not compare banana's to pomegranate."
Old 10-30-2017, 08:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

As if I thought every thing on their body was breaking but somehow just not their heads?
Scorpion likes this.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #76 (permalink)

So many great arguments: lifestyle choices versus government oversight and social judgements. I just wanted to chime in regarding health and nutrition. I'm particularly confused by Chemda's comment about baked potatoes which I believe are a great and often recommended food so long as you don't top them with lots of salts or saturated fats. Perhaps that's what she meant or perhaps she is just considering the calorie count. The bigger picture here is that diet's should be personalized. We have different genetics and lifestyles. Kidney and heart patients have to be particularly careful as do diabetics obviously.

This leads me to smoking. Smoking affects every organ. It is incredibly destructive over time, but again based on genetics, some will quickly develop cancers or other diseases while others can go on smoking for decades without significant symptoms. For an interesting historical perspective on the rise of smokers in the US and the role of the government, check this out:

https://www.ochsner.org/health-resou...hsners-legacy/
Old 11-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #77 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
You have to take into account that southern cuisine is heavy because it was created in a time when farming and other [laborious] jobs were the norm. ...
The North didn't have robots. To say the South was more labor intensive than the North has not factual or logical sense to it. Not like they purposefully fried chicken to add calories they didn't know what a calorie was. Not that your all wrong or anything, but the premises that the South was somehow working harder and needed higher calorie food doesn't make sense to me. They did grow crops like cotton that needed much more labor to be profitable. But they were not paying for much of the labor prior to the civil war so that made sense at the time. Because they were not paying for labor they did not get into industrialization as much as the North but those jobs at the time certainly were not light labor.