Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever performed The Naked Bathroom Trick?
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree223Likes

Old 12-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"kaligula has reported this post:
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2771-sex-ed-20803/index7.html#post865092
This is the reason that the user gave: All additional text is below the “EDIT:” tag. Footnote numbers were updated.
This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.
Please respond to this post as applicable."

Thanks for the report. Fascinating stuff.
memecherry likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:15 AM   #52 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by
So when people we know come out and say hey I did this terrible thing, and we look at them and say [B
fuck you die[/B], is that not encouraging people to not own up to what they did?
I agree. But the reason I give John Reynolds NO leeway is becuase he has NO self-aweareness or shame about it and seemed completely AMUSED by the very idea he could have been threatening, pressuring, scaring or intimidato towards these women. He thought the idea of scared women in sexual situations was funny. Just like so many of these predators do. They gaslight and deflect- like Pat Dixon did. The make excuses that the women could leave or say no despite the men being in threatening positions of power like Louis did. Or they just laugh at their accusers, or people who call them out.

I have no sympathy for John, I might change my tune if he changes his. But Ray owned up to and discussed where he went wrong. I think you could argue John went a little further than Ray, but even tho Ray was defensive and made some excuses, HE LISTENED AND ACCEPTED when his behavior was analysed. this douche, john reynolds laughed it off and made jokes and made it worse every fucking time he opened his mouth. Ray was aghast that he could have made someone even remotely uncomfortable AND started taking actions to improve himself and his relationships. John was the picture of entitled mysogyny.

So for the record, yes when someone says "I may have threatened a woman unintentionally" or "when I look back at my past behaviors there are situations that weren't as consensual as I believed them to be" and i've had this conversation with a ton of guys. Its an important conversation. But it takes a willing participant. not a self absorbed sexist dickhole.
memecherry, astrokahn and craigish like this.

on tumors/cancer: "God's got jokes."-Keith
Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #53 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In a civilized world, so a world that does not exist, stuff like the naked bathroom trick wont even be considered cause it would be disgusting and creepy.

In this world though, thats why every woman should have : Mace/ A gun/ A Knife at hand
Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #54 (permalink)

not sayin' protective devices aren't good advice for women /and/ men alike, but it's more than warding off attacks. we're finally having a conversation about the seeming innocuous shit. the stuff we have to laugh off; the stuff juuuuuuuust deniable enough so we feel gaslit about what makes us uncomfortable. you can't mace that.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:01 AM   #55 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I don't want to say anything negative about KATG because I don't feel anything negative about KATG but I just want to point out how the climate has changed. A few years ago, this exact same thing was talked about and it was hilarious. We are all feeling differently now. Maybe the guest is looking at his behavior with some hindsight now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.56.59 AM.jpg (65.9 KB, 2 views)
Scorpion likes this.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

2017, yo. It's a different world. Especially with all the harassment/ assault being exposed by celebs.

I hear ya though.
memecherry likes this.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

re: Chemda still wanting to go to Christi's church

Would you want to go to a friend's cult meeting because they told you it was a cool and fun cult, less culty than the other cults? Because Christianity is a cult, full stop.

I think atheists should stop using the word "church" at all; it's a word that attempts to soften the implication that the word "cult" brings.

Keith, tell your family that you're not really interested in going to their cult gathering. THAT will be a fun Xmas conversation.
The Girl and memecherry like this.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I’d follow Christi anywhere cuz if nothing else there’s Subway sandwiches at the end #EatFresh
memecherry likes this.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #59 (permalink)

Not that I disagree with most of what's being said here,but I'm surprised no one brought up Chemda's story from a few months back with the dancers?

If I recall correctly she invited them up to her hotel room and then waited in the bathroom for some amount of time so that she could pop out wearing nothing but her underwear and tell them "yeah lets bang later".

Not saying its equal to what this guy did, but there are some parallels, and nobody brought it up so now I will.

EDIT: typo
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersketchy View Post
Not that I disagree with most of what's being said here,but I'm surprised no one brought up Chemda's story from a few months back with the dancers?

If I recall correctly she invited them up to her hotel room and then waited in the bathroom for some amount of time so that she could pop out wearing nothing but her underwear and tell them "yeah lets bang later".

Not saying its equal to what this guy did, but there are some parallels, and nobody brought it up so now I will.

EDIT: typo
For me the difference STILL is the threat level.. How much of a threat does tiny Chemda pose against not one, but two guys?

How much of a threat do most men pose against most women, one on one..?
Scorpion likes this.