Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda at it again?
Yes 18 51.43%
No 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree47Likes

Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Every job I've had where cleaning up after the public was a requirement. The rule was to return things like wallets and cell phones. Items that can be clearly described by the customer.

Cash was always free game for the employees cause anyone could claim it.

If the person who found it was nice they'd split it with the rest of the crew.

I could see how that could be a mix up tho. I could also see a shitty manager taking advantage of the poor soul who actually turned it in.
Lanfear and Sparrow like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Maybe I'm out of touch. I don't understand the the bad part of randomly finding money throughout your workday.

I gotta clean behind the toilet either way. But if today I reach behind there and find $500, today is a damn good day.

I get the "why not just leave it on the pillow" thing. But I feel like she meant she did both. Like the normal $1000 on the pillow and another $1000 sprinkled throughout the room.

And also, who the fuck wouldn't like a goddamn money scavenger hunt at work? Da fuq?

I haven't met the service worker who wouldn't want to have a day that's different than the typical mundane BS and ended with them being hundreds or thousands of dollars richer.

Are you in the service industry? Cos I am...and TRUST. Every god damn day is a new adventure. It's not mundane at ALL.

It's not funny when you do something right and a rich person says, "Watch out..that'll affect your tip.."

It's not funny when people say, "Oh, I'm SO high maintenance, this is gonna be a test for you!"

And it's not funny when people leave your tip hiding all around the room like you're a god damn dog.

Gross.

Love you, Mermaid...just not Oprah.
Keith, The Girl and Sparrow like this.

Last edited by punk'n; 03-09-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

I am not currently in the service industry but I have worked a few service industry jobs.

I've never had experiences we rich jackasses cause there aren't many rich people where I'm from.

So my service industry days were yes busy but pretty mundane because the busy hours were at predictable times.

The picture yall are painting are of jackasses keeping your tip away from you. Or asking you to "dance boy!" for money.

I totally understand the gross-ness of that.

But from my understanding Oprah didn't withhold a tip from the cleaning crew. She just put additional tip money around the room. She didn't then hang around to see if they "danced" or mock them or treat them harshly.

In my mind I picture a cleaning lady entering the room. Seeing the tip money on the pillow and thinking that's it. Then goes about cleaning as usual and finding more money.

A pretty mundane day or cleaning one room after another made a little better.

I admit that my inexperience with rich assholes has probably skewed my vision of this scenario. And I totally get what yall are saying.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
If I lose a dollar, I'm out a dollar. If Chemda loses a dollar, she's out a dollar. If Chemda owes me a dollar and venmos it to the wrong person I'M out the dollar! Unless I notice I never received it and track her down, of course. But that goes back to Keith's point that it's not worth following up with someone over a dollar.

Chemda is out $2 when, upon seeing she doesn't really know your name and sent the money to a stranger, you send her a request so she pays the right person. And you leave the payment public with some snarky note.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with Chemda about technology and progress. It's going to happen, so worry more about how it will be implemented.

As for Venmo, Keith is right. Also, you can't compare losing money from your wallet or pockets to an app where you can literally track each transaction and verify someone's information before you hit send. There are various measures to help you double-check what you're doing. I guess you could be more careful with your money and always put it in the same place in your wallet, but it's still easier to lose physical money.
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
I agree with Chemda about technology and progress. It's going to happen, so worry more about how it will be implemented.

As for Venmo, Keith is right. Also, you can't compare losing money from your wallet or pockets to an app where you can literally track each transaction and verify someone's information before you hit send. There are various measures to help you double-check what you're doing. I guess you could be more careful with your money and always put it in the same place in your wallet, but it's still easier to lose physical money.

I have lost money like I sent money to the wrong venmo. I wasn’t paying attention.
In the venmo case I got it back.

Venmo is linked to people’s email, they have a pic, and a lot of times a public history.
At this point, so many comics are using it that venmo has us all connected displaying our friends in common. So it’s easier to find the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thirteen likes this.