Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3322: Half Baked w/ Karen Morrow (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3322-half-baked-w-karen-morrow-21955/)

Andrea_Allan 09-23-2020 05:39 PM

3322: Half Baked w/ Karen Morrow

TOPGUN’s $5 fines; parental love; therapists, weed, Sabastian Bach, and Dave Chappelle; Dr. Fauci is getting angry; Halloween 2020; another still-alive person declared dead; Swastika, NY; COVID Comedy; Karen’s husband’s birthday and the plight of the left-handed

Guest:
Karen Morrow
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...OW-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 09-23-2020 06:46 PM

The only explanation for the length of existence as a species is that we have collectively failed up for thousands of years. How are we still alive? There are so many idiots just running around.

Love Karen.

Men In Tights was the best movie Chapel was ever in. Tight tights!

Archimedes_Screw 09-23-2020 07:28 PM

Rod! I’d love to see that spatula and knives!

Keith 09-23-2020 09:29 PM

Don’t type that like the pics weren’t already up.

Archimedes_Screw 09-23-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 885474)
Don’t type that like the pics weren’t already up.

I have been a fan for far too long to not know that lol

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 11:42 PM

A guy coming to your table saying I'm famous let's smoke weed is creepy and not because of the weed part.
Reminding someone of their fame is

Bucho 09-24-2020 04:32 AM

With Chemda getting all het up about the TOPGUN school fining its students $5 for quoting that movie I can't wait to hear her reaction when she finds out what happens when they quote Iron Eagle.

(Spoiler: They end up flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong.)

Apia resurrected 09-24-2020 06:23 AM

Karen is cool, and I like her on. Doesn’t matter that she is not an official comedian. We had official comedians on who were way less funny. ( I could name names but maybe it’s not nice and I’m too lazy to look It up)

Apia,
German sales representative for you know who, not the most obvious KATG fan, but completely hooked.
( for real, I never was a fan of anything so much. You did it)

Keith 09-24-2020 07:21 AM

I'm left-handed with right-handed tendencies.

I learned everything right-handed to be normal, but I still write left-handed.

Crazy shit, folks. Crazy shit.

Scorpion 09-24-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 885475)
I have been a fan for far too long to not know that lol

Not a very convincing apology. What are you to be sorry for?

Scorpion 09-24-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 885490)
We had official comedians on who were way less funny. ( I could name names but maybe it’s not nice ... )

“We” hmm Apia I hope you’re not handing out KaTG business cards and suggesting you could work with them?! Also, Andrea set the bar naming of names is almost part of the job if you’re going to work at KaTG. No?

Come on name three
I’ll give you a free one Jon Fisch

Skyler 09-24-2020 08:50 AM

I didn't know the Leftorium from the Simpsons was a real place.

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/...-leftorium.jpg

The Girl 09-24-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyler (Post 885497)
I didn't know the Leftorium from the Simpsons was a real place.

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/...-leftorium.jpg

This episode is SO what I was thinking about during the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apia resurrected 09-24-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 885496)
“We” hmm Apia I hope you’re not handing out KaTG business cards and suggesting you could work with them?! Also, Andrea set the bar naming of names is almost part of the job if you’re going to work at KaTG. No?

Come on name three
I’ll give you a free one Jon Fisch

The jokeman for sure.

Scorpion 09-24-2020 11:40 AM

Jackie the Joke man
Yup he’s shitty, but I thought what Keith did was funny
It was clear even then jj didn’t get what he was supposed to do.

FingerLakes 09-24-2020 02:49 PM

KAREN! You worked at Shoney's? I fucking LOVE Shoneys!

Ya'll been talking about Adam Carolla for a while and I never looked at his pic in the show notes until today. I just really needed to put a face to the name. I think I've seen him in some sitcom or maybe from comedy central roasts? But wow. What a fucking punchable face this guy has.

Kory 09-24-2020 03:49 PM

Beloved Keith,

I'm a mortuary science student. Besides doing makeup and stuffing bodies, one of the things they teach us is how to quickly remove all the blood from a person.

DON'T CROSS ME.

Keith 09-24-2020 06:19 PM

I'm saying you know more than EMTs!

rodimusprime 09-25-2020 10:49 AM

"I have a theory that Jesus had the most dopest fish fry ever. All those people. He was like "Fry the fish!" Fish is fried! Let's go!" - Karen

"With some wine are you kidding me. He had the best spread. Why do you think he had all those people at his table for passover?" - Chemda

AHAHAHAHAHA

Eliiiii 09-25-2020 03:17 PM

Karen is precious, we must protect her!

littlp 09-25-2020 08:57 PM

So it is fucking ridiculous to me that any therapist would be turning anyone away right now just because they are using weed-we are in a FUCKING PANDEMIC. Depression and anxiety is at an all time high, there are studies out there showing different information and Chemda can clearly carry on a conversation/participate in a meaningful therapy session while on weed. It seems grossly irresponsible to me.

I’m a license clinical social worker so I can provide therapy-I don’t do it full time because my ADD causes me to fall asleep if I sit still for too long. I literally have to color during long meetings to keep myself awake. Obviously this is not conducive to quality therapy and would be unacceptable for me to fall asleep. I do home care management and provide coaching sessions and sometimes impromptu couples therapy when a fight breaks out or crisis intervention when someone expresses suicidal ideations. I mainly work with older veterans. I’ve worked with people who switched from heroin to weed-I never even considered dropping them from my caseload because of it.

When weed has come up-I tell them the official stance of the VA is that it does not have any medica benefits since it is a federal agency it can’t promote something that is illegal at the federal level. I tell them that the studies out there have been on government controlled and grown weed-not the stuff that they buy off the streets. I live in Indiana where it isn’t legal, but almost all of the surrounding states have legalized it for at least medicinal use. With my older veterans who suffer from arthritis and other painful ailments-I’m not going to harp on them about it. I do tell them that we do not know how it interacts with certain medications, especially heart and blood pressure medications. I stress that they need to be careful when they acquire it-make sure no one is adding stuff to it, and to be careful because they are unfortunately more vulnerable due to their age.

TLDR-I think it is dumb for any therapist to refuse to provide therapy to people who are using marijuana during a fucking pandemic and the Trump administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodimusprime 09-25-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 885471)
Rod! I’d love to see that spatula and knives!

It's all up in the show notes dog!

Show Notes and Pictures - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

nhlegend 09-25-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 885515)
It's all up in the show notes dog!

Show Notes and Pictures - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

It looks like a spanking spatula...not a cooking spatula. You know, the pervertable kind of spatula.

rodimusprime 09-25-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlegend (Post 885516)
It looks like a spanking spatula...not a cooking spatula. You know, the pervertable kind of spatula.

It’s versatile. 😈