Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3371: 2021 24-Hour Marathon: Addiction (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3371-2021-24-hour-marathon-addiction-22072/)

Keith 02-10-2021 03:56 PM

3371: 2021 24-Hour Marathon: Addiction

Dogs, cats, and common sense; therapy; God

Guests:
Iain Lee
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...EE-100x100.png

Karen Morrow
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...OW-100x100.png

Katherine Boyle
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...TH-100x100.jpg

Maria Wojciechowski
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...AW-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 12:29 AM

I like Ian but its good that Chemda didn't go on a date with him. He is too much her classic type.

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 02:02 AM

I would like to know how the inprint on ones brain happens who we are attracted to.
I need a partner who is more emotionally stable than me, I need to be the "wild" one in a relationship and im only medium wild at best.
An addict would be a complete turnoff for me.
I need someone i can buy and finance real estate with.

And hey i have other problems! Im also in therapy but for intrusive thoughts and depression that results from phases of intrusive thoughts running wild! ( the last 2 years were good and they are way less now)

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 06:12 AM

Btw the name Keith is for me more complicated than
Chemda. Keith sounds very unusual for my ears.
And we have a Ch in polish.
If I wouldn't know English thats how I would write
Keith: Kis

Here in Germany the name Keith is extremely uncommon, I know no one with this name here.
Chemda is also unknown as a name, but for German ears it would be better to be named Chemda.

Blitzgal 02-11-2021 09:18 AM

I'm not a "cat" or a "dog" person because I just love animals, period. But I do have to laugh at cat haters who love to wax poetic about the wonders of dogs and forget all the instances of dogs eating babies feet, killing people, etc. They're all animals, dude. They all have the same capacity for violence.

Archimedes_Screw 02-11-2021 09:19 AM

This is an impossible poll.

Also Ian said people are strange and I couldn’t help but think how pertinent the Doors song is. I love how genuine y’all are.

Keith 02-11-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 887808)
I'm not a "cat" or a "dog" person because I just love animals, period. But I do have to laugh at cat haters who love to wax poetic about the wonders of dogs and forget all the instances of dogs eating babies feet, killing people, etc. They're all animals, dude. They all have the same capacity for violence.

When I see scratches all over someone’s arm, first thing I think of is Must be a dog person.

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 11:57 AM

There is a thing in Germany with names that are known from pretty much only pop culture ( Keith Richards would be the example), especially when it’s from the English language. They are considered lower class, in the sense that the parents have no education, when given to a kid from a German family.
The name Kevin is the most prominent example. People hate it here for a German kid. HATE IT. They say, Kevin isn’t a name, is a diagnosis.
The name Chemda would be better, because it doesn’t have anything negative attached to it and it doesn’t sound too pop cultury and not American.

I don’t say I support this view, it’s somehow random, but this is how it is here. If you want to be fancy with a name call your kid something Latin ( Aurelia) or something Prussian like Friedrich.

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 12:03 PM

I can see the cuteness of cats but I’m a dog person for sure. I love to be outside, run, hike and that’s where a cat is useless. Being in nature with my dog is of the best things in life, top 5 at least.

Apia resurrected 02-11-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 887809)
This is an impossible poll.

Also Ian said people are strange and I couldn’t help but think how pertinent the Doors song is. I love how genuine y’all are.

I also thought about it.

jcro21 02-12-2021 11:03 AM

Wow Iain and Katherine came on like they were also podcasting for half a day and had become half delirious. Love their chemistry and honesty, also cool/unfortunate that KATG was the only show to treat them both as equals, British media really is the pits, mate. Yes the US is a shitshow but at least we got rid of trump, after brexit, Boris Johnson, and covid the tories are still popular? Yikes.

bagelwagel 02-12-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 887811)
There is a thing in Germany with names that are known from pretty much only pop culture ( Keith Richards would be the example), especially when it’s from the English language. They are considered lower class, in the sense that the parents have no education, when given to a kid from a German family.
The name Kevin is the most prominent example. People hate it here for a German kid. HATE IT. They say, Kevin isn’t a name, is a diagnosis.
The name Chemda would be better, because it doesn’t have anything negative attached to it and it doesn’t sound too pop cultury and not American.

If you see anyone naming their kid Brayden in Germany, call child protective services.

bagelwagel 02-12-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 887810)
When I see scratches all over someone’s arm, first thing I think of is Must be a dog person.

When I see someone wearing chewed up shoes, first think I think is Must be a cat person.

Archimedes_Screw 02-12-2021 05:52 PM

The unanswered poll finally got to me. I voted Chemda because her name was the easiest to find.

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelwagel (Post 887818)
If you see anyone naming their kid Brayden in Germany, call child protective services.

I don’t even know that name. Let’s google.

Edit:

It’s also very uncommon here and falls in the same category of names that make people say “ that poor child”.

Blitzgal 02-18-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 887810)

When I was a kid growing up in an uber religious family who would spend a ton of time visiting our minister, I was terrorized by their elderly poodle who was so fucking nasty and just hated kids.

I still don't hate dogs, though. Some are mean, others are nice. The way they gaze up at you with total trust just melts the heart and makes you feel responsible for giving them the best life ever. And my cats are like that, too...when they half-close their eyes and purr at you, that's the "love gaze."

I just don't get people who say they "hate" all of any particular animal. Spiders scare me but I still don't hate them and I try to get them out of my space without killing them.

Rune 02-23-2021 06:48 PM

We had a bird, hamster, and several cats growing up, but my parents considered dogs too obnoxious and dirty to own as pets. In sheer contrast, American culture practically idolizes dogs, so I’m a happy neutral on dogs, but prefer cats.

I will say, I don’t like getting licked in the face, or dog slobber, which my bf’s dog takes the liberty to do. It isn’t as traumatic as the first time I got decked in the face with a large, overly slobbery dog tongue and dog breathe, but cat licks are dryer and more tolerable than over the-top dog slobber any day of the goddamn week, idc what anyone says.

Apia resurrected 06-05-2021 03:16 AM

I listen to the marathon and listened to this part again.
I realized that I dont like Iain.
Everything is about him and his addiction. He also has no incentive to ever stop. He is the identified problem child in their relationship.
He is in the center of attention with all his problems and know next to nothing about her.

What an unhealthy dynamic. If my friend said he loved cocaine more than me I wouldnt just take it. I know i would say, next time you have problems call cocaine i guess.

Not to punish him but to respect myself.
And of course Chemda is right, being addicted to help others makes you feel like the one who doesn't have problems.

SpareBen 06-08-2021 09:05 AM

Could someone tell me which part(s) of the marathon feature Mateo Lane & Jim Norton. Or a full guest rundown would be great.

Keith 06-08-2021 09:18 AM

5 parts (not counting the bonus hour)

Karen and Rod Morrow, John F. O'Donnell, Rojo Perez, Billy Procida, Harry Terjanian, Courtney Maginnis, Casey James Salengo, Matteo Lane, Christi Chiello, Atheer Yacoub, Kevin Allison, Jim Norton, Steve Schirripa, Petey DeAbreu, Myq Kaplan

Petey DeAbreu, Myq Kaplan, Hannah Boone, Carrie Gravenson, Shelton Lindsay, Robin Virginie, Kenny DeForest, Jessie Jolles, Josh Gondelman, Luisa Diez, May Wilkerson, Stephen Spinola, Katharine Heller, Ophira Eisenberg, Scott Sigler, Chelsea White, Reena Calm, Jess Wood, Christian Finnegan, Rich Vos

Christian Finnegan, Rich Vos, Frank Liotti, Kyle Thompson, Adam Brown, Chris Laker, Calvin Cato, Trey Galyon, Marga Gomez, Megan Koester, Craig Klein, Jake Flores, Jessica Watkins, Shalewa Sharpe, Wendi Starling, Kyle Ocasio, Iain Lee, Katherine Boyle

Iain Lee, Katherine Boyle, Maria Wojciechowski, Rachel Green, Jack Helmuth, Wil Cope, Andrew Schiavone, Ray DeVito, Lucas Connolly, Micah Sherman, Will Winner, Ali Clayton, Carmen Lynch, Maddy Smith, Matt Bachus, Ryan Schutt, Lucie Pohl, Liz Miele

Ryan Schutt, Lucie Pohl, Liz Miele, Lizzy Cassidy, Kyle Ocasio, Ben Katzner, Am I the Asshole? w/ Danny Vega & Sara Levine

SpareBen 06-08-2021 10:18 AM

Thanks, and damn, that's an impressive lineup.