Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who are the worst: Nazis or Arab Extremists?
Nazis 127 46.86%
Arab Extremists 144 53.14%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
You're definitely on target about the homesickness/breakup angle. However, that doesn't make New York not a rat infested garbage dump.
Oh, I'm not saying it isn't. I just doubt that Canada doesn't have it's garbage dumps, either.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #242 (permalink)

Yeah, I know people like that. I used to work at a Bread Garden in Kitsilano for $8/hr and a share of whatever was in the tip jar at the end of the night ($1-5, we didn't have tipping at the table). It wasn't much, but I was young and lived with my parents at the time so it wasn't bad either - definitely not a negative cheque.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
Oh, I'm not saying it isn't. I just doubt that Canada doesn't have it's garbage dumps, either.
It does - it's called Toronto and it's like a mini-NY. That's why it's such a garbage dump.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #244 (permalink)

I'm curious to check out Toronto. In Canada, you hear a lot of bad things. But New Yorkers seem to have nice things to say about it. Maybe it's a happy middle.

I don't think anywhere else in North America is quite like New York. I didn't understand the magnitude of it before I came. Its population dwarfs other American cities. It's got double the people of Los Angeles. The gross national product of the Tri-State Area alone is on par with all of Canada. The place is a fucking crazy house.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #245 (permalink)

HAHAHAHA, no wonder New Yorkers like it. It's just enough like home, but with enough of a Canadian touch as to seem nice. You might not hate it as much as NY, but you will hate it. It has smog, garbage, rude people... all the things NY is known for but on a lesser scale. That's my perspective having lived only in Vancouver and Richmond in BC, and that of my friends from here.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant View Post
It does - it's called Toronto and it's like a mini-NY. That's why it's such a garbage dump.
Well, there you go then.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're banned for a day. You need to calm down. It's too much. Relax. You can start fresh without all the pressure.
I don't blame you for banning me, as it seems pretty unclear in retrospect, but my calling you an idiot was meant to be an ironic response to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
As an experiment, make a new name (you have my permission), pretend you're 45, drop some opinions about things that you really believe, and see if people appreciate you.

I guarantee you will again be called an idiot. But we'll see.
I was just trying to make the point that everyone gets called an idiot at the net anyway for no real reason, it's par for the course and really doesn't mean anything. At least, that's what I thought before the ban. It was meant to be humorous, and in sort of the same vein as some of the humor you yourself use on the show.

Doesn't matter now of course, but it's obviously something I've wanted to say since the ban and was unable to. It came totally out of left field for me as my post was just for the effect against your post, and mean to be an insult or flame or anything. I don't take any of this that seriously.

Obviously my whole stance on tipping is going to color a lot of the perceptions of me (yours especially), but I'm not as big an asshole as I seem to have come off here. Hopefully that fact will come to light eventually.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #248 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Can I bet on Bodog or somewhere that it won't?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #249 (permalink)

No. Jerk.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #250 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

One the topic of music sounding the same, though this isn't really what was talked about this episode I always thought this was funny:

Nickleback Songs Overlayed

They aren't exactly the same but the chorus and that kicks in and ends at the exact same time. Always makes me laugh.