Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Which cosmetic procedure would you have done?
Liposuction 5 14.29%
Rhinoplasty 1 2.86%
Breast Augmentation 7 20.00%
Tummy Tuck 4 11.43%
Face Lift 1 2.86%
Butt Implants 0 0%
None: I love me for me! 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Cosmetic Surgery

What are your thoughts on cosmetic surgery?

Should people be happy with what they were given or is it okay to change your appearance to match your desires, especially now that the technology is readily available?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can only speak for myself, obviously. Over the past 2 years I've lost nearly 200 lbs. That kind of weight loss, despite exercise, is going to leave some hanging skin. I'd like to have it removed both for reasons of self-image as well as medical. Lots of irritation, etc. I'd easily drop another 40 lbs if I got rid of my "mudflaps."
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nothing! Because somebody should chisel my face into a cliff somewhere. Also, I don't care that much. If I wanted to be more attractive to the crowd, I should probably cut my hair, and fuck that.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I say nothing for a couple of reasons. I'm only 28 and I think having plastic surgery when you're still young is a little silly and more than a little vain. It's also really expensive and I can think of a babillion other ways I'd rather spend a few thousand dollars.

That being said, I have things about myself that I don't like, and maybe when I get older I would consider a lift or a tuck if I really thought it would make me feel better. I don't think others shouldn't do it, just not sure it's for me.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquavelvis View Post
I can only speak for myself, obviously. Over the past 2 years I've lost nearly 200 lbs. That kind of weight loss, despite exercise, is going to leave some hanging skin. I'd like to have it removed both for reasons of self-image as well as medical. Lots of irritation, etc. I'd easily drop another 40 lbs if I got rid of my "mudflaps."
same thing for me. except i lost 85 lbs. but i still have a good amount of skin pretty much just hanging around my abdomen. a doctor has told me that i can't exercise to get rid of it, but if they removed the extra i would have a 6 pack because i have the muscles and no fat under the loose skin.
granted i am only 20/21 but my doctor said it won't go away without surgery.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think plastic surgery can be amazing. If you need something small done just to feel better about yourself, sure why not? It's sad when people go over board but really, they are only hurting themselves.

Personally, I like being natural and I like my body. But Im not ruling it out completely in the future.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Every time you get put under you risk not waking up again. I don't think cosmetic changes are worth that.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Complete transformation.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am all for plastic surgery in the future, maybe to put some things back where they should be. However:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jocelyn-wildenstein-before-after-2.jpg (32.2 KB, 155 views)
Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think its wrong if you look normal, not super model hot, but just normal. If you were born with some kind of defect or something, (cleft-pallett, lobster hands) or even something that isn't that intrusive on your life but makes you feel ugly or unlovable (like a birth mark...) then more power too you.

I don't think Ive ever seen a boob job that looks good, let alone better then whatever was there before (then again I'm a fan of tighter bodies and more of a leg man then a boob man so whatever)

I can't find a pic but there is this girl whos breasts look like two little socks with a golfball in them hanging off her chest. just something weird and odd, that is something that its okay to fix. (It sounds hypocritical without a pic but trust me, these things I'm talking about are not right, they like point in two different directions and its deff. some kind of defect)

I personally have been saving up for lasers to remove a birthmark off my face. we have the technology to make our lives better why not take full advantage of it?