Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
But let me guess, you like baseball, right?
Not at all. I'm a slurpy nerd.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Messi wasn't "missing" every time, he had some great shots on target but Enyeama was able to Superman across and deflect.
Messi was playing messy.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I watched the last half hour of that USA-England game, and man, I don't think I've ever been so bored. Granted, as a US citizen I want the US to beat everyone else's ass, but I don't see why anyone could be a fan of this sport -- even if it's just every four years.
People watch a ton of stupid shit events in the Olympics and Winter Olympics every for years. They never watch races, curling, judo, gymnastics, etc. Don't really necessarily care for any of the sports...but they watch to root for America. They might even get excited and pumped about it...every 4 years.

Same with The World Cup, except for that, soccer is popular in America (kinda, not half as much as in almost any other country) all throughout the year, every year. MLS has been growing ever since it started thanks to the 94 World Cup.

So yeah, it does seem that more people are giving a fuck about the sport now, than usual. But that's to be expected when you get the biggest event in any sport....more people will care than usual, especially if it's international, because you hope your country does well.

Whether or not you find soccer fun/exciting/worth watching, isn't something I can argue with. I think it's one of the more interesting sports, though in general I'm not a sports guy. If you don't like it, that's cool...I just don't get your complaint about it's "sudden popularity"...
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #54 (permalink)

Beckham is not amused.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Beckham is not amused.
He looked like he was auditioning to be the villain in the Zoolander sequel.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

Australia GO HOME.

kthnksby
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I just don't get your complaint about it's "sudden popularity"...
I haven't heard anything about soccer since before I graduated from high school, and there was a World Cup since then. It just seems like now people are going apeshit, and that's pretty sudden to me.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I haven't heard anything about soccer since before I graduated from high school, and there was a World Cup since then. It just seems like now people are going apeshit, and that's pretty sudden to me.
Maybe you just didn't notice the mania during the last World Cup? Sorry, perhaps in your whereabouts there is more of it than usual or than in most Cups, but I've not witnessed any particular increase in interest for soccer. Not more so than during any other Cup.

Anyway...Germany played a sick game today, so did Ghana, even if they only scored a penalty shot.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFT View Post
I thought Ghana did a kickass job, they were fun to watch, great touches and control. Serbia looked like Serbia, fuck Serbia.
When that Ghana player got that ball to face I felt bad, but LOL'D
Old 06-14-2010, 02:57 AM   #60 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I fell a little bit in love with Ghana today too. Not just for the way they play but for the way they and their fans celebrated. The World Cup is like a planetwide Party! Super Party! and those Ghanaians have masters degrees in partying. I just hope they can stand up to those German bombers better than the poor old Aussies did.