Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Is there a cartoon, or a flash movie that can explain the shit going on over there?

My puny Catholic, Mexican American brain Doesn't understand this whole issue.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Hey, whatever.. I don't know one way or the other. I just know that people who would know say that's where they went. But all the news people would rather repeat that bush lied with even less evidence pointing in that direction.

http://www.2la.org/syria/wmd.html

If Deuce finds them, I will allow you to apologize.

I also like that countries that openly sponsor terrorism are on the receiving end for a change. Fuck them.
Couldn't have said it better myself, which is why I'm glad Lebanon is getting the shit kicked out of it right now, and why I hope Syria gets some retaliation as well. Hizbollah is a Lebanese militia group, so this was a military attack on Israel, and thus an act of war. Bombing the airport should be the beginning, but I want to see bombs over Beirut by tonight to be truly satisfied.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Is there a cartoon, or a flash movie that can explain the shit going on over there?

My puny Catholic, Mexican American brain Doesn't understand this whole issue.
I'll give it a go, MG.

Israel is a jewish country surrounded by arab (muslim) countries. Jews and arabs do not get along and will never get along.

The Palestinian arabs, Hamas, last week kidnapped an Israeli soldier. Israel got very angry and launched a shit-storm against Palestine.

Now this week, the Lebanese terrorists, Hezbollah, have done the same thing, only much worse, and the Israelis have reacted very strongly, blockading the whole country. The Israelis have also had 8 soldiers killed (10 if you count the kidnapped ones, which I think you should).

The next step could be for Israel, to think "what the fuck" and attack Syria, whilst turning to the rest of the world and saying "join in when you want, fellas".

Other arab nations and terrorist organisations could also be expected to react and line up against Israel and the West. Then what about China, North Korea, Russia? Come on guys, pick a side.

We're in the shit. This is gonna affect us all, unless we can get the Israelis to calm the fuck down.

I don't want to take sides, but I also don't want British soldiers to die for Israel.

[Go to news.bbc.co.uk for a better overview than the child's one I gave.]
Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

This whole thing saddens me.

So, so sad that people die for causes, for ideas, for hatred, for misgivings. You are not me and I do not forgive your trespasses. It is great and though you feel justified, I know you are not. I demand retribution.

Issues cause us to fight, but in the end, all we want is some respect, happiness, and love. Greed perverts these desires.

I am happier not knowing of these things, these sad, sad things. I am fortunate that if I choose, I can avoid knowing much of them. Yet I know these things will affect me, affect the life of my loved ones.

Realize that this comes from my western mindset, but a world government would be so nice. The United Countries of the World or something like that. What would it take? In Watchmen (Alan Moore), (SPOILER ALERT) Adrian Veidt constructs a mock alien invasion. This refocuses the US and the USSR from war and towards a new, mutual enemy.

Forgive others their trespasses, not as we would ask them to forgive ours but with greater empathy and love than we would expect for ourselves.

And I know that were I to walk in their shoes, maybe, probably, I wouldnt be so forgiving. But would I knowingly commit actions that would lead to the death of another? No. I dont think so.

Lives ended. Lives destroyed.

So, so sad.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Hey, whatever.. I don't know one way or the other. I just know that people who would know say that's where they went. But all the news people would rather repeat that bush lied with even less evidence pointing in that direction.

http://www.2la.org/syria/wmd.html

If Deuce finds them, I will allow you to apologize.

I also like that countries that openly sponsor terrorism are on the receiving end for a change. Fuck them.
Lickmy, I'm on your side of the debate. Hehe, I guess sarcasm doesn't always translate well without mannerisms.

Personally I envisage Deuce storming into Lebanon, Rambo style, and dispatching people with a wink and a sternly worded letter.

Though if he does get sent, then good luck to him, and commiseration to anyone and everyone who dies.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27
I'll give it a go, MG.

Israel is a jewish country surrounded by arab (muslim) countries. Jews and arabs do not get along and will never get along.

The Palestinian arabs, Hamas, last week kidnapped an Israeli soldier. Israel got very angry and launched a shit-storm against Palestine.

Now this week, the Lebanese terrorists, Hezbollah, have done the same thing, only much worse, and the Israelis have reacted very strongly, blockading the whole country. The Israelis have also had 8 soldiers killed (10 if you count the kidnapped ones, which I think you should).

The next step could be for Israel, to think "what the fuck" and attack Syria, whilst turning to the rest of the world and saying "join in when you want, fellas".

Other arab nations and terrorist organisations could also be expected to react and line up against Israel and the West. Then what about China, North Korea, Russia? Come on guys, pick a side.

We're in the shit. This is gonna affect us all, unless we can get the Israelis to calm the fuck down.

I don't want to take sides, but I also don't want British soldiers to die for Israel.

[Go to news.bbc.co.uk for a better overview than the child's one I gave.]
If you don't want British soldiers to die for Israel then tell your government not to get involved. But don't criticize Israel because they refuse to leave a man behind. Israel has to defend itself. 85 rockets have been fired at Israeli cities, and more are coming. Why should Israel calm down? It's under attack.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
If you don't want British soldiers to die for Israel then tell your government not to get involved.
I tried, but they stopped taking my calls quite some time ago.

I respect your opinion, which is different to mine.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Very well stated except for the part about "a world goverment would be so nice" in my opinion. Me thinks it would be not so nice at all.

Imagine taking the US and saying to everybody, "OK. Starting tomorrow, we are all North Dakota." Now, if you live in Massachussetts so you can gay-marry, you are pissed and you have to stick up for yourself. If you are from Arizona and you want to carry a gun but starting tomorrow, you can't, now you have to stick up for yourself.

With national borders, everybody, for the most part, has the freedom to go where they are comfortable and hang with other people like them or whatever. With a world government, you're talking 1984 shit where we all must comply with the same rules. That sounds like hell to me. Or like being forced to listen to Dawn and Drew because it is the only globally approved podcast.

3 paragraphs. Whew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
This whole thing saddens me.

So, so sad that people die for causes, for ideas, for hatred, for misgivings. You are not me and I do not forgive your trespasses. It is great and though you feel justified, I know you are not. I demand retribution.

Issues cause us to fight, but in the end, all we want is some respect, happiness, and love. Greed perverts these desires.

I am happier not knowing of these things, these sad, sad things. I am fortunate that if I choose, I can avoid knowing much of them. Yet I know these things will affect me, affect the life of my loved ones.

Realize that this comes from my western mindset, but a world government would be so nice. The United Countries of the World or something like that. What would it take? In Watchmen (Alan Moore), (SPOILER ALERT) Adrian Veidt constructs a mock alien invasion. This refocuses the US and the USSR from war and towards a new, mutual enemy.

Forgive others their trespasses, not as we would ask them to forgive ours but with greater empathy and love than we would expect for ourselves.

And I know that were I to walk in their shoes, maybe, probably, I wouldnt be so forgiving. But would I knowingly commit actions that would lead to the death of another? No. I dont think so.

Lives ended. Lives destroyed.

So, so sad.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

I may have missed the sarcasm there, but, I imagine the same thing. Deuce just needs to imagine that every raghead is spooky and he'll be ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Lickmy, I'm on your side of the debate. Hehe, I guess sarcasm doesn't always translate well without mannerisms.

Personally I envisage Deuce storming into Lebanon, Rambo style, and dispatching people with a wink and a sternly worded letter.

Though if he does get sent, then good luck to him, and commiseration to anyone and everyone who dies.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

I feel a little more up to speed.

I will refrain from posting my opinion, because I don't Know shit about it.

(door opens :Spooks approaches the podium