Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
With national borders, everybody, for the most part, has the freedom to go where they are comfortable and hang with other people like them or whatever.
Ya. I was thinking something like "The United States of the World" with regional laws but figured stating something like "United States" would connote the U.S. government taking over.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

It's kind of what the original UN/League of Nations charter was about, but humans managed to completely screw up what may or may not have been a good idea. I think we'll never know for sure if it would be good, but something tells me that national borders are there for a reason. Getting rid of them is like building another tower of babel, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Ya. I was thinking something like "The United States of the World" with regional laws but figured stating something like "United States" would connote the U.S. government taking over.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

What a prickly issue.
I do agree with william for the most part, and he said it far more eloquently than i could ever hope to myself. This whole thing just makes me very, very sad, and the fact that I still don't entirely grasp the situation makes it worse.
The more i find out, the more obvious it is that i know nothing.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27
I don't want to take sides, but I also don't want British soldiers to die for Israel.

[Go to news.bbc.co.uk for a better overview than the child's one I gave.]
Trust me that the BBC is not the place to go with a fair and balanced view of this conflict. Time and time again the BBC shows that they are anti-semitic shit disturbers pandering to radical liberal views.

Israel does not start these conflicts. Compare it to what a US reaction would if terrorists raided Fort Hood and killed 8 soldiers. There would be hell to pay. Why not blame the dumb fucks who perpetrated this crime? Did they think that Israel would just let it slide? This is a country that has rockets landing in it every day and public buses and markets being bombed. So, they have the capacity to defend themselves. More power to em.

AM YISRAEL CHAI

PS: William, while it is sad, dont be such a pacifist. If your family was attacked Im sure youd hunt down the fuckers that did it.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMjoCanadian
PS: William, while it is sad, dont be such a pacifist. If your family was attacked Im sure youd hunt down the fuckers that did it.
it all depends on how you define "family"

and no not everyone would hunt down the fuckers that did it; there are people who would see no point in perpetuating retribution
Old 07-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

and we call those people..... faggots
Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

On the bright side..... World turmoil is great for Mortgage rates!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:

Do you really think you could hunt down someone who attacked your family? Would you risk your own imprisonment on revenge? I wouldn't let them slide, no person (man, woman, or faggot) would just let it go, but physically hunting them down is not an easy option. Personally, I've never touched a gun (outside of water or paintball gun) in my life. For the first 25 years of my life, I've not even come within 5 feet of a real gun, other than museum exhibits. This was not by my choice, but by chance. Do you think it would just be easy for me to pick up a gun, with no training or experience, and hunt down someone? Even if it were a knife. I have no training in knives other than to cut food. I'm not a violent man by nature. Never instigated a fight, nor have had one instigated against me. While I would feel much anger at the injustice, I could not even think of the first step in "hunting" them down.

Rather, I would seek help from people who are skilled in the art of fighting. Whether it be law enforcement for my own personal injustice, or an army for an injustice done against my people, I am not a person to do so.

If you are, so be it. I'm not going to say "you're a better man than I", because I don't believe a word of that. I don't even care if you call me a faggot because I don't practice violence, nor do I think I ever could (for ANY reason). Most people who call pacifists faggots (or pussies) are just blowing smoke anyway. They couldn't do it either.

The world needs all people, pacifists included. Sometimes retribution is not always the right way. In this case, I would venture to say that neither violent retribution nor treating the aggressor with compassion will work. This is a holy war, and no resolution can be seen in the near future.

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

who's "we" ?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

Well said Benjita, and Dan, and of course William.

Calling someone a faggot does not win the debate, IAJC.

I think this thread is dividing between the older and wiser, and the younger and more gung-ho.

But everyone's opinions count, remember that.