Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

angry keith is the delight of my heart. you feel attacked because they're talking about people like you. it's how i feel when people talk about the South, BUT keith is the son of a catholic priest (catholics are christian, btw. one is catholic as opposed to protestant) he has a birthright to his loud beautiful explosive opinions.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
That's a lazy and predictable response. I'm not interested in seeking out religious podcasts. Would you be satisfied if the show bashed religion as 100% of its content?
You don't want to seek out religious podcasts, you just want to make this one be what you want.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

The only reason Keith brings this shit up so often is because there are so many stories and incidents in the news where these religious people do disgusting, retarded things. If it's not the prevalence of these things in people's daily lives and in the news, then it's the listeners that pick up on Keith's tendencies and send in their responses. I'm not calling you out, but any time Keith says anything about religion or otherwise, he's going to get responses, and he's probably going to voice his reaction to those responses on the next episode, and it's probably going to get drawn out over several episodes.

The point isn't that "religious" people are evil. The point is that there are a lot of things in these holy texts that are hateful and discriminatory, and whether you believe these things or not, you adhere to that religion and are associating yourself with the hate. Some people are able to stand outside of those ideologies and take religion on a more personal level, removed from predetermined doctrine. Like if some goofball back in the day can write all his experiences down and have it be called the truth, why can't we rewrite our own present, y'know? Why are the ideas being developed right now any less relevant than those of people thousands of years ago? I agree with Sparrow when she says "fix it". If you feel like there are people out there giving your religion a bad name, then you have to get up and let your voice be heard even louder. You have to take a stand for what is true to you. The problem is, most people are unable to discover their own truth, so they put their faith and their life into the hands of thousands year old doctrine that has no relevance to the world or their lives in this moment. If God hates fags, then God must hate fags. These are "good Christians" according to Keith. He's not calling all other Christians "bad Christians". He's calling them bad Christians according to what the Bible teaches. If you're Christian and you are not against gay marriage, then, according to the Bible, which states that homosexuality is wrong, you are a bad Christian. Anyone who places their self worth and passion into words and truths that aren't their own can't be good people, because a good person accepts every other person as an equal, regardless of race, creed, or the people they choose to love. Good people can't be "good Christians" in this way. Christians can be good people, but Christians that are by and for the Book are what one would call "good Christians" and these people can not be good people. Christians that are good people can not be considered "good Christians" because they don't adhere to what is in that Book. This shit isn't as confusing as people are making it.

If it's only in the South (which it's not), then why don't you Yankee bastards get off your ass and show us what you're all about? Spread some truths, man. (I don't think yankees are bastards, nor do I think they are yankees. It's just an aggressive expression type deal ).

Since you keep reiterating that your point isn't whether Keith is right or wrong but about how he keeps bringing it up, then I gotta jump back real quick to one of my points before you forget it was up there, lol. Listeners keep bringing it up. America keeps bringing it up. Politicians keep bringing it. God keeps bringing it up through his people. Keith is just responding, and his opinion on religion just happens to spark more interest than his opinion of his butt hole or his poop. Keith talks about his poop a lot, too. Hell, he talks about Tom Cotter a whole fuckin lot, too, but it's funny when he does that, so nobody gets riled up.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
The point isn't that "religious" people are evil.
Banality of evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
angry keith is the delight of my heart. you feel attacked because they're talking about people like you. it's how i feel when people talk about the South, BUT keith is the son of a catholic priest (catholics are christian, btw. one is catholic as opposed to protestant) he has a birthright to his loud beautiful explosive opinions.
That was my first point...that Keith is speaking based on his knowledge of Catholicism, not Christianity in its whole.

And you have still not answered my question; Keith should absolutely continue ranting about whatever he wishes. I would not have lasted 1600 shows if I didn't find it entertaining. But does focusing on one subject for so long make the show stale?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
You don't want to seek out religious podcasts, you just want to make this one be what you want.
I would like it to have some variety, yes.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
it's how i feel when people talk about the South.
I hear ya there. There's even this stupid thing from state to state. People in Tallahassee think people from Georgia are all hicks. Then, people from Georgia think the same about people from Florida. I grew up thinking Florida was the worst hell possible, but it's really a great place. And EVERYBODY shits on Alabama, which really pisses me off, because that's where I spent my childhood, and it's no different there than anywhere else down here. Tallahassee and the panhandle are pretty much more Alabama and Georgia. The one saving grace is that everyone thinks Tennessee, where I was born, is sooooo beautiful. Thing is, that irritates me too because Tennessee is no better or worse than anywhere else. There's just a romantic stereotype about Nashville and country music and Memphis, but try to tell anyone about the Mississippi delta, and they don't get it. Jacksonville is an amazing city. Mobile is where Mardi Gras originated, but nobody gives a shit because New Orleans takes the cake. Birmingham is a great place. I dig Tuscaloosa as a college town much more than Tallahassee. Everyone sees Savannah as some kind of beach town, but it's really not. It's more like Charleston's baby sister. Fucking Atlanta! I was gonna save Atlanta for some point, but I forgot it. That's all I have to say about Atlanta, and that's what I'll conclude with. Fucking Atlanta! Wait, so everyone likes to exclude Atlanta from the picture of the South. They give you their "bunch of hicks," and before you can even say it, they jump in with, "yeah, and I know Atlanta, but Atlanta doesn't count." People from Florida get really arrogant sometimes, too. Ok, I'm done.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
That was my first point...that Keith is speaking based on his knowledge of Catholicism, not Christianity in its whole.

And you have still not answered my question; Keith should absolutely continue ranting about whatever he wishes. I would not have lasted 1600 shows if I didn't find it entertaining. But does focusing on one subject for so long make the show stale?
Keith is a smart dude. He sees the hypocrisy. We all see it. I was raised foot washing baptist, a teensy niche of Christianity, but I'm still able to call a spade a spade. It's the same God. It's the same Jesus. It's the same birthright. It's the same exploitation.

and, no, what's happening is painfully current and on-going. he's verbally thrashing the money changers. good on him. very christlike.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
So, what denomination are you basing your opinions on? If you're both coming from different places, then you can't both be right in assuming one has a majority over the other. I'm saying that, according to you, Keith sees Catholicism as the majority, but you think he's speaking from a minority, which makes you the majority. Both can't be true. In reality, it's all coming from the same Bible. You can't tell me one denomination has a different Bible from the next, but for sure they interpret it differently. Thing is, the differences in opinion are either minimal or superficial. A Protestant isn't gonna be like, "Nuh-uh! The second and third commandments are backwards!" That shit is there and that's the shit that puts all Christians in the same box as long as they believe in the Bible. The differences aren't in moral issues, they are in material and wordly issues that have been twisted into moral issues like Mary, the Pope, rituals, and other meaningless things. At their core, they are alike.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

You're the kind of douchenozzle who writes atheist podcasts complaining about their lack of faith, aren't you?