Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsuey View Post
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know the episodes(s) where KATG discussed people who say mean things while drunk or to that effect.

I'm dealing with a situation where a friend said some really horrible things to me while drunk and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why?

Does Alcohol acts as a truth serum?
I don't know exactly which episodes you might be referring to but the ones that come to mind were the week after the most recent marathon because they were talking about how Christian Finnegan (I think) was a very mean drunk during the marathon, to the point of leaving the house to avoid a fight. Check those show notes in case that's what you were looking for.

Alcohol absolutely is a truth serum for many people, but not all people take it to the point of being mean. I certainly can, but for the most part, when I am drunk and chatty, it's to tell people how I've always wanted to fuck them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

I am a very mean drunk. Where is your friend, I can talk to him for you.

KIDDING! However welcome yet another Ottawa dude.

Just be honest when both of you are not too lit, but be gentle, not knowing if he flys off the handle defensivly or not.

I find Ottawa in general is mean.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
I don't know exactly which episodes you might be referring to but the ones that come to mind were the week after the most recent marathon because they were talking about how Christian Finnegan (I think) was a very mean drunk during the marathon, to the point of leaving the house to avoid a fight. Check those show notes in case that's what you were looking for.
It wasnt Christian Finegan, it was Peyton Clarkson. He wasnt exactly mean, he was paranoid and thinking everyone was hating on him, so he got defensive (that's more of a druggie thing but happens to drunks too).

The show she means was one where a listener sent a letter saying that her fiancée's friends offended her and treated her like crap when they hung out, to blame it on alcohol later. I stand on my point of view: people unleash their inner douche when they're drunk. That doesnt mean they're evil or they hate you. It could just be bitterness that piles up for other reasons and alcohol helps blowing up. Some people get in the way. Best thing is discussing the issue when the person is sober, and dont be gentle either.

I'll make a weird example.

The girl i had before the one i had now, was the one who got me to stop drinking. When i was dating her in the beginning of our relationship, i was an animal.

One night, we were having dinner at a restaurant with other people. I was pissed off for various reasons, and was trying to drink the rage away (mistake n.1). After a good bunch of sips, another girl at the table, a friend of hers, started giggling in a vaguely annoying way, about a conversation i wasnt really following. I slammed my hand on the table and litterally said "HA! HA! WHAT'S SO FUNNY? REALLY!? WHAT THE FUCK IS SO FUNNY? TELL ME?".

Being the "Dumb drunk" and her friend's boyfriend, i was ignored and not beaten to a pulp (which happened in other occasions).

After that, my girl told me that if i ever did that again she would have left me. I loved her and i stopped drinking. I was afraid to hurt her.

Then somehow, i worked out my self control. Eventually things changed. I started drinking again, but being a lovely affectionate drunk. But those things in the end had us split. But now i know how to handle myself.

But the mean one is there. I know it is. If no one told me to shut up, it would've got worse.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have a 2 drink max. 2 drinks will get me on stage singing. 2 drinks will have me dancing and giggling and joyful. One sip over 2 turns me into a raging slutfuckface and at about the bottom of that number 3 I come swinging. (last time in 2008 I started a bar fight with my best friend--not the first time it had happened.) Years of trial and error, but there it is. and, you know, what with having to keep stringent about this crazy math, it tasting terrible, and my epic multi-day hangovers I'd rather just smoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I have a 2 drink max. 2 drinks will get me on stage singing. 2 drinks will have me dancing and giggling and joyful. One sip over 2 turns me into a raging slutfuckface and at about the bottom of that number 3 I come swinging. (last time in 2008 I started a bar fight with my best friend--not the first time it had happened.) Years of trial and error, but there it is. and, you know, what with having to keep stringent about this crazy math, it tasting terrible, and my epic multi-day hangovers I'd rather just smoke.
I much much, much prefer the wacky tobacky over a nip o' courage, but being that smoking grass is illegal, I am forced to drink like a common asshole.
I am a loving drunk, though. I get nice when I am drinking. Nice and sleepy.
All my rage comes from sobriety.

Last edited by lattaland; 05-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I have a 2 drink max. 2 drinks will get me on stage singing. 2 drinks will have me dancing and giggling and joyful. One sip over 2 turns me into a raging slutfuckface and at about the bottom of that number 3 I come swinging. .
3? You're a Pusssyyyyyyy!!!!! Booo! Lightweight! Booooo! (Unless it's some weird moonshine type of drink. Then i take it all back)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Moonshine is 0-60 in one and utterly disgusting. I pride myself in its significance to my culture, but that's about as far as it goes.