Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #4091 (permalink)

I watched a video and it looks like a base-buildy blast from the distant past! I am now even less interested; it looks more hardcore than Counterstrike! Fuck that...

I think my next game will be Zack and Wiki if my brother brings my Wii to my new house.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #4092 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
I watched a video and it looks like a base-buildy blast from the distant past! I am now even less interested; it looks more hardcore than Counterstrike! Fuck that...

I think my next game will be Zack and Wiki if my brother brings my Wii to my new house.
I guess you miss the "strategy" in RTS, oh well, you'd probably not be any good at it anyway.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #4093 (permalink)

Currently playing World of Warcraft (3 80's)

Resident Evil 5 for PS3

Littlebigplanet PS3

NCAA Football 2010 PS3 (finishing a heisman season)

League pf Legends (PC)
Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #4094 (permalink)

I sold a stack of games to Amazon recently and got a bunch of money in gift cards, which I have promptly flipped into Microsoft Points, so I've been playing a ton of XBLA lately. I picked up and played Limbo in a day. That game is really awesome for the first three quarters, then I thought it started to get a little tired towards the end with all the gravity stuff. I also put down money for Pac-man C.E. and found out that I'm not very good at Pac-man anymore, then also bought Castle Crashers but haven't had the opportunity to play that yet. I've still got probably 40 bucks worth of MS Points left, too. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #4095 (permalink)

Has anyone played Lord of the Rings: Conquest?

I saw it for sale for PS3, for $15...

I like Lord of the Rings, and I've liked all the games based off the movies (Fellowship, Towers, Return)...and I liked the Battle for Middle-Earth one...but I heard Conquest got low ratings...any opinions?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #4096 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
I sold a stack of games to Amazon recently and got a bunch of money in gift cards, which I have promptly flipped into Microsoft Points, so I've been playing a ton of XBLA lately. I picked up and played Limbo in a day. That game is really awesome for the first three quarters, then I thought it started to get a little tired towards the end with all the gravity stuff. I also put down money for Pac-man C.E. and found out that I'm not very good at Pac-man anymore, then also bought Castle Crashers but haven't had the opportunity to play that yet. I've still got probably 40 bucks worth of MS Points left, too. Any other suggestions?
Oh yeah, not to mention I restarted Shadow Complex from the beginning and went through and got 100%. It's a shame I let so much time go by without playing that game - it's awesome! To be fair, though, I'm a sucker for games with question marks denoting hidden items, a la Arkham Asylum.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #4097 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
The Dishwasher is pretty cool, its a ninja side-scroller (the name is misleading). Marvel vs Capcom 2 is badass for an arcade fighting game. and Magic is good too if you're into that. There are some really good ones, its just hard to sift through all the dlc to find em.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #4098 (permalink)

I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 is one of my favorite XBLA games. It's a Geometry Wars type shooter. The music is hysterical. It's 4 person co-op on a single screen. We play this everything we can get people together. It's only 80 points!

From Wikipedia:

I Made a Game with Zombies in It!, also known by the alternative spelling I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1, is a 2009 action shooter Xbox Live Indie Game available for Xbox 360. It was developed by Ska Studios and was designed entirely by company founder James Silva, previously best known for the Xbox Live Arcade game The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.[1][2] The game was developed using Microsoft XNA, Hypermagic Engine 3.0 and the Megacore X parallelization processor. It was released on August 16, 2009.[3][4]
The game features a lone protagonist viewed from an aerial perspective. Using two controller joysticks, the player shoots droves of attacking zombies while collecting power-ups.[5] It features a rock-style background song with lyrics about the game itself.[6] The song, which shares the same title as the game, was made available for download on the official Ska Studios website.[7] The game was available for 80 Microsoft Points Xbox Live, which translates to one dollar.[1][5] Silva said Xbox Live's indie game price point inspired him to make "a $1 experience that delivers". He did not expect it to be a success, and that he was "half-expecting it to fail for being too stupid of a game".[2]
The game was ranked 2009's most popular Xbox Live Indie Game based on connectivity.[1][8] It sold 160,000 copies by January 2010, making it the top-selling Xbox Live Indie Game by more than 40,000 units.[1][3] and 200,000 copies by March 2010, making Silva roughly $140,000 after Microsoft's 30 percent revenue fee.[3] The game became a favorite with critics, and was noted for its quirky sense of humor and theme song.[1] IGN ranked it the best independent game of 2009.[9] IGN writer Erik Brudvig said the game was extremely entertaining and "somehow about as insane as its title", despite the simple controls.[5] I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 won the 2009 Inside Gaming Award for Best Indie Game.[6]
Old 08-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #4099 (permalink)

Star Craft 2
Old 08-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #4100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychunkuk View Post
Star Craft 2
Me too working through the campaign. I don't get a lot of time to play because I'm working a lot. The game is pretty awesome. I'm not a big fan of RTS but the blizzard ones are awesome.