Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Dina’s call: What should the e-mailer do about the drunk mother?
Confront her. Let he know that you know. 63 26.92%
Anonymously call the father and tell him about all the drunk driving. 152 64.96%
Nothing. It's not your family. 19 8.12%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1055: Never Have I Ever

"Nobody's leaving this alive."

Poll #2: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-friday-14039/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd say call the father and the cops. I wouldn't give a fuck if someone knew I was the one who called. Endangering kids fits in the one strike rule for me.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's hard to be the naysayer in the poll this time, but...

If that drunken mother is like my drunken mother was, nothing is going to change if she confonts her. You're just going to get yelled at.

The father probably knows and doesnt give a fuck.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

drnk driver

To The lady who is worried about the drunk driving mother,

There are TWO things you can do wherein you will remain totally anonymous and won't have to worry about the rath of the drunkard:

#1 - Call child services and tell them. Look it up on the internet! They may want your information to ensure you aren't a crazy person but they will respect your need for anonymity. They will contact the father and look into it. She will probably be forced into AA and custody will be supervised until she's able to not drink and drive.

#2 - Next time you see her getting into the car drunk, write down her plate # and call the police. Tell them there are children in the car and if they catch her they too will not tell them who notified them, and will contact child services who will then call the father.

I think those options are better than calling the father directly, because then you will get pulled into it.

My dad drove off an overpass while driving drunk with me and my brothers, I was about 6 and not wearing my seatbelt. The only reason I didn't go flying was because one of my brothers grabbed me and held on for dear life, surprisingly we were all okay, but they might not be so lucky so you should probably call before something like that happens to them.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiethestrange View Post
#1 - Call child services and tell them.
I totally endorse this statement. Set the kids free from that shithole before they grow up and start shooting up out of misery.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

What a bunch of cowardly little bitches in this world. How can someone live with themselves debating whether or not to try and stop a woman from driving her kids around drunk?

Everyone is so concerned with people liking them. Is not getting a dirty look from a neighbor worth lives? I guess for some people it is. Never mind that she's driving the kids around, she's driving drunk period. The fact that her kids and their father is involved gives you the chance to say something about it.

Not to mention, she already lost custody once. Why might that be? Was she too good a mother?
Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Holy shit, I just Google Imaged Stephanie Birkitt and totally recognize her from various bits on shows previous! I think he called her Smitty a lot.

If Letterman's wife was in the dark then this is a long weekend for him, but his confession/apology was pretty pointed and amusing given the circumstances.

As far as the yokels laughing throughout, I guess I don't blame them. They came to laugh and it's sometimes hard to tell when he's being sincere. (Much like the Michael Richards apology Keith mentioned.)

Here's to hoping he at least finishes out his contract and doesn't let this nonsense bury him.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
What a bunch of cowardly little bitches in this world. How can someone live with themselves debating whether or not to try and stop a woman from driving her kids around drunk?

There are some categories of people for which intelligent discussion is useless. I dont agree with the need for anonimity by this woman too, but talking to the mother or the father is useless. call child service or the police and have the children taken away.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
I'd say call the father and the cops. I wouldn't give a fuck if someone knew I was the one who called. Endangering kids fits in the one strike rule for me.
Yeah--I'd imagine that if there is a way to have her realize she's being a fuck-up by driving her kids home while drunk, it's more likely to come from the father then some random girl who's kids is friends with her kids.

As for the other poll--is it exclusively for the gays, or anyone in the GLBT community? I'm asking because this is a serious poll and I don't want to potentially wreck the poll's objectivity.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
As for the other poll--is it exclusively for the gays, or anyone in the GLBT community? I'm asking because this is a serious poll and I don't want to potentially wreck the poll's objectivity.
Why is this so hard? It's for gays.