Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have to asked a complete stranger out on a date in person?
Yes 60 38.96%
No 94 61.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1153: Moody

"She better be there, this bitch!"

Moody McCarthy Comedian

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

BTW the answer to the poll is yes. There were those nights were i went out with buddies at a club and started asking almost every girl i saw to make out/fuck/go out on a date (in the order).

I dont get the internet dating thing, really. How can you ask someone on a date if you're not making eye contact or at least getting a good look at them before you ask. How can you trust text or pics alone? I pulled a couple of blind dates where a friend tried to hook me up with a stranger, but i've never been much into those either.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Moody's dog is proficient in Spanish.

----

Mac cult.

NO.

Just computers that fucking work.

I'm sick of this Mac Vs PC argument, and really didn't want to get involved, but @ episode 1153, and I've never felt so compelled to tell some there were wrong.

Moody, Mac's are fucking easy to use, and more powerful in many ways than a fucking PC.

How many times has the Mac crashed compared to the PC when recording the KATG show?

/sigh (cheers Spooks) lol.

----

In response to the poll, I've asked at least 10 complete strangers out on a date in person, but I've always been able to talk to girls from the first meeting. Jez' problem is her over thinks the whole situation. Keet teach Jez how to talk to women with out wanting anything from it, and he'll get more confidence to take it further.

Last edited by Subsonix; 03-31-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

As i said many times, bless your heart subs but Mac users ARE a cult.

I know that macs work better.

I know that they crash less.

I know that they look cool.

But everytime i'm at work and something goes wrong, there's always the token douche that says "That wouldnt have happened if you had a mac".

Or "Well, this app works fine but on a mac it's a whole different thing"

Or "You know, if you have to alphabetize your ejaculations, Mac is the only way to go".

Jesus Christ. I get it. It's cool. Good for you. But you're like non-drinkers, non-smokers or people with kids. I know you may have made the right choice but you brag so much about it, that i'd rather have permanent issues with starting my stuff than become one of you suckers of Steve Jobs' cock.

And spare me the "well then keep your non-working windows PC". Yes i will. Kay?. Good.

PS: Not angry at you Subs, you just happened to make a statement that i wanted to counter.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

1. I use macs almost exclusively and failing that linux and I would turn into a keith like angry man ape if one day I woke up and only windows was available.

2. I used my mac to to fix yesterdays show.

3. Even as an avid mac user I still want to hit most mac heads in the face with a brick. Almost anyone who says some dumb shit about how macs are always better are almost always the most incompetent users. Fuck those guys.

4. I liked Ghost World, a lot. Guess I'm a cult member?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
Moody's dog is proficient in Spanish.

----

Mac cult.

NO.

Just computers that fucking work.

I'm sick of this Mac Vs PC argument, and really didn't want to get involved, but @ episode 1153, and I've never felt so compelled to tell some there were wrong.

Moody, Mac's are fucking easy to use, and more powerful in many ways than a fucking PC.

How many times has the Mac crashed compared to the PC when recording the KATG show?

/sigh (cheers Spooks) lol.

FUCKING FUCK FUCKING COMPUTERS!!!!

If you are going to do this then you gotta be prepared to make your arguments. Make a list of the things you use your mac for and how those things are better or easier on the mac.

How does it help your workflow?
Are the applications only available on the mac?
If they are available cross platform is there some advantage to using them on the mac?

Make the argument homie.

And for the sake of dog fooding:

The things I like about the mac:

Posix compliance that comes with Unix underpinnings means that a huge number of linux and unix tools are readily available for the platform. i.e Apache, ruby on rails, wireshark, top, curl (I love curl so much it's hard to describe), a million more I'm forgetting.

Cocoa development: I write software and after a lot of trying things out Cocoa on the mac and iphone are an absolute dream to write for. Very mature, stable api that gives you really good results very rapidly and also has the depth for really complicated tasks.

Quartz, Coreanimation and opengl acceleration including OpenCL and Grand Central Station: Applications like pixelmator and acorn are only possible because of the spectacular 2d and 3d drawing APIs that OS X provides end users with affordable super snappy editors for practically no money. Paint .net is the closest parallel for windows and is working 10x harder to do less.

Audio Subsystem: Coreaudio and quicktime provide a massive amount of functionality for anyone doing audio work. Logic and Soundtrack are only available on the mac and are both killer. Pro Tools is available on windows but it's performance is comparatively very bad. Soundbooth is cross platform and fairly comparable on both platforms.

Video: The entire final cut studio work flow is absolutely great and only available for the mac and all by itself justifies any independent film maker switching to the mac.

iLife: iMovie and Garageband come for free on the mac and I use both of them for quick and dirty editing because they are fast and stable and do enough to get the job done and move on.

Developers I Like: Small dev houses pushing out top notch work abound on the mac. Rogue Amoeba, Panic, Boinx, Macromates (textmate is the greatest text editor in the universe and I could not live without it), Hog Bay, Skitch. All these dudes only write for the mac and they all make indispensable tools that I use everyday and couldn't easily duplicate on the PC.

And to go the other way, reasons to use windows:
Any kind of engineering software.
Microsoft Access
Visual Studio for .net development (if you insist on writing for windows this isn't bad at all)
Anything by autodesk (3D and architecture) (they make mac versions but they're shit)
Most software by Adobe runs better in windows (Yes photoshop runs better in windows if you've got a nice machine)

Last edited by hayroob; 03-31-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

In February I was quite active on OKCupid, as covered in that segment of the Marathon, and earlier this month I had three dates in three consecutive days. It was rather exhausting, even though we only met for coffee.

I haven't been very active on the site lately, because I've been pretty busy. I find that it takes a fair amount of time to meet someone in person. A lot of back-and-forth with sometimes several days in between replies.

So I feel Jeremy's pain in that regard, dating online can indeed be a hassle.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
4. I liked Ghost World, a lot. Guess I'm a cult member?
I found the paragon very fitting.

Yes i know that Ghost World is a good movie to some people. You can objectively state that it's well made.

But what gets on the nerves is the people who say "You mean you havent seen Ghost World? You're so old school! That's, like THE movie. I mean it's so well directed and you see the credits only once before seeing the movie (wink). I bet you like that old school movies. You dont really understand movies at all. Well keep your old movies and watch that bad lighting and those plotholes. I'll enjoy GHOST WORLD. THE-BEST-MOVIE-EVER-PERIOD!"

And my reaction is "Fuck Ghost world".

Wink Wink. Subtext. Metaphors. Yeah.

PS: GHost World is way overrated
Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Guys, here is a good opening line "Hey". Talk to her like she's a normal person, after you have been talking a while say "I've really enjoyed talking to you but I have to go, did you want to grab a coffee sometime?". If she says no then make up in your head that she's a bitch and you're better off without her.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I found the paragon very fitting.

Yes i know that Ghost World is a good movie to some people. You can objectively state that it's well made.

But what gets on the nerves is the people who say "You mean you havent seen Ghost World? You're so old school! That's, like THE movie. I mean it's so well directed and you see the credits only once before seeing the movie (wink). I bet you like that old school movies. You dont really understand movies at all. Well keep your old movies and watch that bad lighting and those plotholes. I'll enjoy GHOST WORLD. THE-BEST-MOVIE-EVER-PERIOD!"

And my reaction is "Fuck Ghost world".

Wink Wink. Subtext. Metaphors. Yeah.

PS: GHost World is way overrated
It's a good movie. If you keep talking to assholes who like it too much you should talk to less assholes.