Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The celebrities digitally dying for World AIDS Day
Nice 12 7.23%
Egotistical and narcissistic 154 92.77%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1301: Good Golly Miss Molly

"God forbid this world had more positivity."

Welcome to Facebook

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

How many FourLoco similes can I type in 2 minutes?

I fell for FourLoco as if my heart was a mob informant, and FourLoco was the East River

After I drink FourLoco, my mind is like a steel trap, only it has been left out so long, it's rusted shut.

When I drink FourLoco, I hear wonderful bells, as if the can were a garbage truck backing up into my mouth.

FourLoco stuns like stun guns.

I gobble FourLoco like a bitch or squirrel gobbles nuts.

Before I drink FourLoco, my conversation is as forced as the dialogue during the interview portion of "Jeopardy!". After FourLoco, I'm as smooth and even as Debra Messing's chest.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This is a GREAT episode.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

The FourLoco debate seems a bit excessive. There are many varieties of liquor that will get you extremely drunk extremely fast. And almost all of these wouldn't be used for 'social drinking' and I don't think any of them taste good either. Keith has drank 40s a lot in his younger days (as have I) strictly for the cheap cost and how fucked up you can get by drinking a few of them. So it shouldn't be banned on the account that its inexpensive and gets you drunk.

The caffeinated aspect of it is a different story. There are too many variations of the same drink you can buy be it at the bar or from the liquor store. The main one would be Rockstar Energy Drinks mixed with vodka, they come premade in the can and are easily accessible in any liquor store.

PSN: Shipht . MacBook Pro
Old 12-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i think i have a pretend crush on Molly.

ADD: fuck. that "buy my life" thing sounds like clebs saying "hey aids patient, nobody givesd a fuck about you, so well pretend to be dying to make people carfe. as soon as were over noone will give fuck again"

Last edited by Junkenstein; 12-04-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
ADD: fuck. that "buy my life" thing sounds like clebs saying "hey aids patient, nobody givesd a fuck about you, so well pretend to be dying to make people carfe. as soon as were over noone will give fuck again"
Which is really just them being honest.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Which is really just them being honest.
Yeah. That's one of the perks of being a celebrity - people care about you for no real reason. If you aren't a total asshole, you can influence people to do good things that they otherwise wouldn't do like siphon money and attention toward a disease. Granted, a lot of these people are probably attention whoring to try to look benevolent, but I guess the ends mostly justify the means here.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampokes View Post
Beyond being egotistical, it's just a stupid fucking idea that is not doing very much about a problem so huge it blows my mind.
It's about as effective as any other stupid awareness campaign for any disease.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

So wait, only 50% of the actual donations actually go to the people it's supposed to help? That seals it as bullshit to me. If they, like, took out enough to balance their own checkbooks for this campaign and gave the rest to the people it's supposed to help, it would still be a bit pretentious, but at least it would be doing a bit more good. But with only half actually going to where it's supposed to go? Makes me think it's being used to line up everyone else's pockets, and that makes it sound kinda shitty.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

1. Super comprehensive rundown on the effects in The Social Network, really impressive stuff.

fxguide: the vfx show » The VFX Show #110: The Social Network

2. The celebrities are ridiculous, but someone doing something stupid for their pet whatever isn't anything new or surprising. I'm sure they'll find some new way to be even dumber next time.

3. When people talk about what percentage of money actually goes to helping people when you donate, there are certainly cases of corruption, but I think it's easy to underestimate how complicated it is to operate even the most honest charity.
Planet Money just did a show on donations made directly to a haitian school where 100% of the money donated made it to the school, but without someone to help them manage it they accomplished nothing.
It's part of a whole series on haiti and it's economy, several highlighting cases where charities failed and one where it was a spectacular success (at least so far.)
The Tuesday Podcast: What Your $3,000 Bought In Haiti : Planet Money : NPR