Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Last Comic Standing
Yes 18 21.18%
No 67 78.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1315: Stand-Up Comedy 201

"It was a big deal to have these guys in the room at the same time."

Ted Alexandro

Costaki Economopoulos — The biggest name in comedy

Official Site of Comedian Myq Kaplan
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

i wish i could say Chemda, i want to learn to say Chemda. but every time i try it either comes out Hemda, or i have to spit the flem i just brought up before the "emda."
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I absolutely can say Chemda, but for some reason I really don't anyway. I think it's because it's unnatural to me since I don't use the ch- on a regular basis.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I feel like with a show like KATG, we are tapping into comedians before they make it big. I can one up my friends saying, "i saw them first" or "i remember when Jessie Joyce was on his first wife"
Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

At this point in my life, when people ask me for my first and last name, I just automatically say them and proceed to spell the names out. If I am not in the mood to talk to them I just use my middle name that happens to be an english name. But then again, its not a common name either so sometimes I get roped into a conversation about how that person does not know that many people with my name.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ahh! I just got off the phone with some jerk at one of the satellite offices who can not or will not pronounce my name. Maria, Martina, Rhianna, Reighna, Marissa, Melissa? FUCK. I usually don't get this worked up, but he's worked here about a year, he's been corrected by me and my boss and my co-workers several times. I hate this douche. He even gets it wrong in emails, when the correct spelling is in my fucking signature.

Oh, and this show was awesome. It felt like they completely forgot about the mics for a few minutes there and I was a fly on the wall for this conversation between these great comics. Pretty cool.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Ahh! I just got off the phone with some jerk at one of the satellite offices who can not or will not pronounce my name. Maria, Martina, Rhianna, Reighna, Marissa, Melissa? FUCK. I usually don't get this worked up, but he's worked here about a year, he's been corrected by me and my boss and my co-workers several times. I hate this douche. He even gets it wrong in emails, when the correct spelling is in my fucking signature.

Oh, and this show was awesome. It felt like they completely forgot about the mics for a few minutes there and I was a fly on the wall for this conversation between these great comics. Pretty cool.
I called my buddy's girlfriend Rachel for the longest and her name was actually Erika. Sometimes certain people just don't register.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
I called my buddy's girlfriend Rachel for the longest and her name was actually Erika. Sometimes certain people just don't register.
I know, I'm actually really bad with names, I have friends I've known for years who's names I still won't remember from time to time. I shouldn't be so judgemental.

Anyway, to stay on topic, like chemda I also wanted to de-ethnic my name when I was a kid. I wanted to be Mary. I'm so glad I'm not a Mary. I have several Mary friends, it's a nice name, but you're rarely the only Mary in the room. I'm usually the only Marina.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

I can say Chemda, but I went to Hebrew school for a while, so it's pretty much expected to be able to pronounce the guttural "ch".
Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My friends in Highschool made up our own language that included the Ch sound, so I can also say Chemda. Yes we were those people, but it was a nerd school and it actually got pretty popular around the school (ironically, of course).

btw, when can we download the Lauren Man episode?