Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Jessica Delfino's attitude on getting married
Healthy 65 53.72%
Unhealthy 56 46.28%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1359: Shit Happens

"Guess what's in my ass."

www.JessicaDelfino.com

www.fanfooty.com.au

Last edited by Keith; 03-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I voted "unhealthy". It's one thing to know that shit happens, it's another to give yourself an out before you're even married. And to say, well, it's because I grew up with the Disney fantasy....eesh.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

I grew up with the Disney fantasy....parents who met on a blind date, never fought, loved each other until the end, etc. Then my dad dropped dead at the age of 47 and my mother was a 41 year old widow. It might be cynical to think that no relationships last forever, but at the same time it's also realistic. (And yes, I know this has a lot to do with why I drop and run from any relationship that starts getting too serious. I'm a mess. I understand that.)
Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're cynical about relationships because one of you will die?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Probably, and I'm not sure of the odds here, *both*.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I voted healthy. I feel the same way, except that I have no plans to marry because the institution is predicated on the assumption that you'll be together forever and when the man dies the lady will just cry into her veil until she follows him. Of course, the man will remarry because ladies are interchangeable accessories made to live for dudes and not the other way around ever.

Marriage is an old fashioned, sexist weirdo bullshit parade. But so is network TV, so it's not like marriage is especially heinous compared to the rest of our society.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I voted healthy. I feel the same way, except that I have no plans to marry because the institution is predicated on the assumption that you'll be together forever and when the man dies the lady will just cry into her veil until she follows him. Of course, the man will remarry because ladies are interchangeable accessories made to live for dudes and not the other way around ever.
oh right cause women never remarry. do you ladies live in Islam? What are you talking about? you're really exxagerating stuff.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I guess Keith and I are the only romantics left!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
oh right cause women never remarry. do you ladies live in Islam? What are you talking about? you're really exxagerating stuff.
Yeah women remarry now, but people also divorce now. What I'm saying is that the time that marriage was actually forever is so long ago that it coincides with the time that women were property.Not that there is a correlation, although the lack of options play heavily into both situations.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Not exactly. I'm cynical because even if you find that perfect person who fits with you and the relationship is good, that still doesn't mean that forever actually IS forever. I openly admit that I'm a mess. Yes, I have abandonment issues. It is not a healthy outlook.

And Junk, my mother did remarry. She's been with the same guy for over ten years, and their relationship is great. So of course logically I know that you can find someone else. I have problems placing my trust in other people. It really has little to do with the other person. It's my screwed up head.