Latest Episode
Play
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

10: Robert Downer, Jr.

In this episode, Danny tells some stories to help listeners better understand who he is and what some of his struggles are. It's kind of a downer, but all of his episodes sort of are in their own way, aren't they? Anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy this episode and it will help you to better understand its host. Regular goofy programming will resume next week. I love you.

Foreign Films and Modern Plays

Danny Hatch (dannyhatch) on Twitter

Click here to join VIP today!

Last edited by Keith; 01-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

I overshare a lot whenever I have a microphone in front of my stupid face and this is STILL the most personal I've gotten. I was genuinely nervous before this show started (but I didn't show it because I am a pro and also I was eating pizza.)

Tell me what you think. I'm a slave to yr opinions, even though I shouldn't be. (And I certainly shouldn't be admitting it, but whatevs.) Let me know. Have you ever been in situations similar to mine? One of the things I hope to do with this show is establish a dialogue, a community, so that the net keeping us from falling into the abyss grows ever stronger and more tightly knit. So add to that net, baby. Share yr beautiful thoughts and yr thoughtful feelings.

By the way, use of "yr" as a substitute for "your": yay or nay? It goes back to the Beat generation when they'd be typing a mile a minute and using shorthand to save time and ink, and yr sort of stuck, at least with me. I like it a lot, but I can see people thinking it's kind of douchey. Why am I even typing this? Oh yeah because I have alcohol in me. I'm a good person.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
Old 10-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

On a very special episode of Thats the Show with Danny...
Old 10-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If I dated Danny, I think I would know he's a thinker. In fact he thinks too much. Why wouldn't i know he thought of every possible outcome already regarding his roommate to lower his music, and that maybe it wasn't my place to make him man up? And then after making him man up, I'm upset over it?

Not nice.

That's all.

Not nice.

What I'm saying is that if I wasn't already taken, I'd show Danny what love was all about. (I like them young.)

And then: you got me in a situation and now I have to make you feel better?

I'm guessing at that part. I bet I'm right.

(Cat might have made me feel I had to man up, but she would have ripped that bitch's head off.)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
If I dated Danny, I think I would know he's a thinker. In fact he thinks too much. Why wouldn't i know he thought of every possible outcome already regarding his roommate to lower his music, and that maybe it wasn't my place to make him man up? And then after making him man up, I'm upset over it?

Not nice.

That's all.

Not nice.

What I'm saying is that if I wasn't already taken, I'd show Danny what love was all about. (I like them young.)

And then: you got me in a situation and now I have to make you feel better?

I'm guessing at that part. I bet I'm right.

(Cat might have made me feel I had to man up, but she would have ripped that bitch's head off.)
I see what you're saying, but I think it would be worse if she got involved.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I say you invite me and Adam over one night for dinner.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I say you invite me and Adam over one night for dinner.
Ha. That's sweet of you.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Not sweet. Fun.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's probably a bad idea, but thank you. Sincerely.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Keith's right. Yes, maybe she shouldn't have gotten involved, but, from the sound of it, her attitude wasn't right. At the same time, she already involved herself by asking you to confront him on her behalf. If she's in, then she's in. You at least deserve an apology. She should be consoling you at the end. Not so much, "oh, baby, baby, are you okayy??", but more like a discussion between the two of you about what just happened. It seems like there were some things left unsaid. Just going on the info I've got and Keith's inference.