Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who correctly predicted the most 2013 Oscar winners?
Keith 10 17.54%
Chemda 1 1.75%
Lauren 13 22.81%
Lizsquiz 33 57.89%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree22Likes

Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1730: Oscar! Oscar!

"I wanna see his big thick steroid hog."

Lauren Hennessy

Share this episode: Oscar! Oscar! - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

From what I understand about women in the combat roles: Officially, women were not allowed in combat roles. Presumably to defend their sensibilities or some such. In reality, women in "non-combat" roles happened to be in really dangerous areas, well armed, and had to go into combat...and weren't eligible to combat promotions. The only real difference between now and then, is that women can be properly rewarded for their service.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda on Robert Kelly podcast

Just listened to Chemda on Robert Kelly's podcast 'You Know What Dude!' episode 'Jews, Food, and Suicide' and let me just say: all 3 of those topics delight me and were explored - wonderfully.

I'm gonna try and keep my Chemda ass-kissing to a minimum, but she was really, really good.

First off, Bob had Chemda on seperately from Keith. Robert did begin his show praising Keith and said he was his good friend - in a super genuine way, which made this KatG fan excited to hear that particuliar episode...

Anyways.

Obviously I'm biased, but Chemda not only held her own on this show; I'd dare say she dominated it. The whole thing began w/ mis-pronouncing her name, (which is kinda fucked out - if you've listened to other shows w/ Chemda guesting, it's predictable that they butcher her name) but it actually spurred the first 15 minutes of the show in a really funny, very Jew-y way.

You could actually tell that Chemda was doing a bit to well, as another woman started complimenting Bob and being obvious and weird, until Bob changed the subject. Also, it was great to hear Chemda verbally battle some guy on being "Jewish culturally, but an Atheist." This guy basically tells Chemda she's stupid and she politely, gracefully...utterly destroys this dude.

IT was also interesting how Chemda is such a radio pro. She only spoke when it was: appropriate, funny, or the show was off-kilter. At one point, this guy goes on a long tangent about health and bread, (which was actually interesting...boring, not funny, but interesting...and Chemda just picks up the ENTIRE SHOW with a quick, "So, Bob do you think YOU are addicted to eating?" BOOM. Show rights itself immediately.

This show was super fun. A bit too many guests for this podcast listener, but as a KatG fan it was really cool to hear Chemda hold her own in a room full of people. It's rare that I take time for other podcasts, (I have no life, but still...there's only so many hours in the day) but I really liked this episode and hope Robert Kelly is on KatG again.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Also, Robert Kelley's rant on Joe Rogan being a perfect male specimen was enjoyable, funny, and possibly gay... Duuuuuuuude.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-21-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Gin looks very unsuspecting...almost like water at times
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

I voted lizsquid because of the sexy Australian accent!
lizsquiz and Scumhook like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just like any other award show its rigged i don't care who wins
Junkenstein likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

It probably won't change your votes at all, but there were two points in the podcast where a description for a movie was given, and it was a description for a different movie.

Best Animated Feature: Brave - Pixar movie, where a red headed Scottish Girl with a bow fights for her rights to be her own woman. The movie Lauren was thinking of was Tangled, a Disney movie from 2011. Brave will probably win because Pixar almost always wins when nominated, despite this being about the middle of the pack for Pixar movies.

Best Documentary: Searching for Sugarman - Has nothing to do about football, I think Keith is thinking of Undefeated which I think was nominated last year. Searching for Surgarman is a neat movie about this musician who released two albums in the 70s, but they just didn't sell and he faded into obscurity. Except, one of his albums made it to South Africa and became very influential in the anti-Apartheid movement as well as the South African music scene in general. So sometime in the 90s two music fans from South Africa seek out this musician that influenced their lives, but they know nothing about. This is a documentary that doesn't make you want to kill yourself.

I actually kind of loved Les Mis, despite not knowing anything about it before seeing it. I know the girl who plaid Éponine played her in the most recent version of the movie. And I really liked Red Jacket from the Revolution. I will acknowledge that the singing wasn't stellar, (Though One Day More and Can You Hear the People Sing are fantastic) but I feel like they chose to put traditional acting ahead of the music and I liked it. So for me, the story was great, the visuals were great, the characters were great, Russell Crowe was adequate, and the music ranged from alright to stellar. Balances out to a movie I really enjoyed.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Just like any other award show its rigged i don't care who wins
There's nothing to rig. The Academy decides who wins, end of story. It's their show, and they can do what they want. It's not like there's an illusion that popular opinion matters.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazT N8 View Post
I voted lizsquid because of the sexy Australian accent!
I'm Aussie and whenever I hear an Australian accent in amongst American or other accents, I often think the accent is weird. But I guess that's the way I sound too. However in amongst other Australians, on radio or podcasts, our Aussie accent sounds fantastic to me. Lizquiz are you a pom?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
There's nothing to rig. The Academy decides who wins, end of story. It's their show, and they can do what they want. It's not like there's an illusion that popular opinion matters.
Exactly my point RIGGED!
Scumhook likes this.