Freaky Friday 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 4 Post By Sparrow
  • 4 Post By Lanfear
  • 2 Post By Bucho
  • 3 Post By PsychoLoco

Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1903: 6th Annual KATGuh Award Winners

with Danny Hatch

www.twitter.com/DannyHatch

Share this episode: 6th Annual KATGuh Award Winners (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

The nominations: 6th Annual KATGuh Awards (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

I <3 the KATGuh Awards!!!! Congrats to our year's winners!!!

remember to nominate your favorite moments as they happen, folks. our weed brains won't retain it until next December. p.s. TIMESTAMPS
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Congrats to all the winners!!!

I haz thoughts:

— Most Shocking Moment: Shady Patrice
I voted for this and I have wondered over the last years why she didn't show up anymore and might have suspected bad news but it still makes me all kinds of sad. Gossip Thursdays were such a big part of what I enjoyed about Katg in the early years.

— Most Touching Moment: Lauren Proposes to Chemda
*Swoon*

— Best Musical Performance: Stuckey & Murray for Stuff and Things
I love them and I hope they come to the show soon to pick up their award and let us hear some songs

— Best Vine: Ritch Duncan, Comic and Time Traveler
Can we put the vines on the forums or the app in the future? I never see these

— Best Trailer: My Name is Keith 11: The Professional with Katharine Heller
Epic trailer and Katharine was my vote for best guest in 2013 in general

— MVP Award: Michael and Marisela
Marisela is delivering such amazing customer service

— Deathtime Achievement Award: Rhian
Rhian was probably the reason I travelled to April 15th week again and again because she made my first time amazing. She made me feel so welcome and introduced me to people when I was going crazy and being super nervous walking into a bar full of strangers for my first NYC event.

— Spirit Award: Scotticus
Continuing the great choices in this category. Scott you absolutely deserve a "Sparrow"
Old 01-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Always love this episode. Especially enjoyed that there's now a feedbacker award because over the years, from Brian Ward and Josh The Jew in the earliest days of chat/feedback up till the current peeps like Scotticus and MJG they've added some nice spice to the KATG stew.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Most ridiculous moment

I so wish Ryan singer would have won jus so he could be called up and explain this shape shifter business. It haunts me somehow.

Ah wells. At least Jesse Joyce won; whose guest appeArances always range between an A and A plus plus
Old 01-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
— Deathtime Achievement Award: Rhian
Rhian was probably the reason I travelled to April 15th week again and again because she made my first time amazing. She made me feel so welcome and introduced me to people when I was going crazy and being super nervous walking into a bar full of strangers for my first NYC event.
So in all seriousness (mark the date), congrats to the winners, even Scotticus.

I was so glad they honored Rhian. She was one of the nicest, most genuine people one could ever hope to meet. She told someone on the forums years ago who was having a tough time - it's not about the hand itself you get dealt in life, it's how you play it.

That single reply struck a chord with me for whatever reason, but I'll never forget it. Not only is it the best advice ever, it showed me her positive outlook that everyone in the world should have.

RIP Rhian. If there's a heaven I hope you're teaching the angels ballet.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Great show. I also loved Keith's story about cheating in Spanish. My oldest kid lived for 2 years in Ukraine, then 2 years in America, then 1 year in Ukraine, and then we put him in kindergarten in the U.S. He had to have an entrance exam that was counting and speaking, which were no problem. Then they put him in a room and told him to write all of the words he knew in English.

My wife and I were worried because he hadn't said a word until he was 2.5 and then he began speaking fluently in English, Russian, and Ukrainian. However, he had never written anything in any language. So we wait 15 minutes and the teacher goes in and comes back out with a page of words in English. My wife and I were just staring at this paper.

Yard
Yarn
Yellow
Zebra
Zoo
A
And
Apple
Art
Bee
Bird
Boy

and so on. My wife and the teacher think this is just great and they start talking about when he can start school. Always the pessimist, I'm looking at my son sideways trying to figure out what just happened. How did he know so many words? How did he spell them all right? How did he get them in alphabetical order? Why did he start with Y instead of A? Then I realize what he did.

Like all kindergarten classes, they have the alphabet on a banner going around the room just under the ceiling, and each letter has 3-4 words underneath it. The teacher had sat him down under letter Y. He had no idea what words were, but he knew what English was and that the letters made words. So he sat there for 15 minutes and just drew the letters he thought were English words. He didn't even know what they said. He went from Y to K and no one questioned it.

I'm just glad he wasn't sat in front of a map. To this day, I can't get him to play a video game straight through. As soon as I leave the room, he's on the internet looking for cheat codes.
Bucho, Enunciated Piffle and Tank like this.