Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree8Likes

Old 03-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

73: Hooked on Megaphonics

I’ve been writing these high concept episode descriptions lately, but that’s tough to keep up with every week. So I’m going to take the easy way out and make this description meta. This week on That’s the Show with Danny, a lot of exciting things happen. For starters, we have an excellent monologue. Then we segue into Bro Time, where we get down to the nitty-gritty of the new medicine I’ve been taking to fix my brain. This also necessitates the return of Dr. Megaphone, everyone’s new favorite character. What other comedy show mixes laughs and heart like this one? Oh, all of them? Okay. Well. This one does it too. And with aplomb!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I love Dr. Megaphone...........

we need more of him...
Bucho likes this.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Now I have caught up with all your shows, after going VIP recently, I have to wait for a week between each one and it's too long. Please talk to Keith and Chemda and see if you can do 2 shows a week. I love you Danny (in a bro kind of way) even though you laughed at me on KATG for liking the film 300.
Bucho and GreeningOA like this.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hey Danny,

I checked out that comedy album “Nine Sweaters” by Andrew Daly, and it’s great!

I love dark comedy. My favorite comedian is Anthony Jeselnik. This “Nine Sweaters” album is right up my alley. The mix homey, quaint, pedestrian, and folksy caricatures shot through with umbral situations of banal violence is exemplary.

The bloodied, and broken leprechaun dragging itself the road is inspired.

What a terrific pick. Thank you very much.
Bucho likes this.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm glad you like it! The Skip McCabe Singalong track is so fucking funny. One of my favorite bits of all time.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't remember being a Danny detractor Danny, which, to be fair, means almost nothing because my memory has more holes in it than a porcupine's underwear, so I did a little research and looked at the thread for Danny show numero one and nope, I was totally all for The Hatch all systems go ready to rock right from the Test Pilot. So then I was all, "Huh, he must be getting me mixed up with someone else and maybe my memory is actually tighter than a nun's c-word," but then I was all, "Hmmm, wait a minute though, maybe I was down on Danny from when he first appeared on KATG," so I looked up the thread for show 1531 and I was positive there too.

But whatevs bro, if I ever said anything bad about you before that it would all have been based on whatever Keith and Chemda were saying about your antics rather than any direct experience of you since by the time you became a notorious chatster I hadn't been a regular chatster for quite some time, so all my earliest Danny judgement would have been filtered through Keith and Chemda and any blame for me ever being a Danny detractor should be laid squarely at their feet because I was probably just giving in to peer pressure or acting under the influence of their cult leader-like qualities. And that may be the longest sentence in the history of the forum so don't try to read it out loud or you'll probably run out of air and pass out. And who knows what Dr Megaphone would say then?
Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Dr. Megaphone is happy to tell you what he thinks for a $20 co-pay.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Review with Andy Daly is a spinoff of the original Australian series Review with Myles Barlow Review with Myles Barlow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'll have to check out the US version. Interested to hear what people think of the Aussie version also.

#teamaustralia
Old 03-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That Mr. Daly in general seemed so clever too. Funny.

You also invented grilled shrimp and we love that, so maybe I'll like the show.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Dr. Megaphone is happy to tell you what he thinks for a $20 co-pay.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand just like that I have my Kickstarter project.