Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Electronic voting?
Yes 27 58.70%
No 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 04-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2360: Only in New York

with Carolyn Castiglia – Charlize Theron upset over her beauty and Gwyneth Paltrow deliberately gets stung by bees; the Eric Garner officer punishment; medical students believe fake medical facts about black people; Sarah Palin vs. Azealia Banks; man robs phone on subway and gets hit by a train; raising kids in NYC; electronic voting; Carolyn freestyles

Guest:
Carolyn Castiglia

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 04-07-2016 at 11:08 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This video does a great job of explaining the problems with electronic voting.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Voter anonymity is a joke. Americans wanna talk about voting, but not who they vote for?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Of course!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Isn't THIS poll electronic voting? Is voting "no" a trick?
Old 04-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post

This video does a great job of explaining the problems with electronic voting.
Omg that dude is awesome!

Michael would you mind explaining a little bit about or post a handy video/article on the whole 'ID needed/not needed for voting'?
Because that boggles my mind and I can't figure it out. How do they know you don't vote 20 times if you not show ID? or do you show something that is not an ID? But then where is the issue? I'm confused
Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Voter anonymity is a joke. Americans wanna talk about voting, but not who they vote for?
Ohhhh I almost missed you being a dumb dumb on the forums! Welcome back!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Omg that dude is awesome!
It's his hair that makes it truly awesome.

Quote:
Michael would you mind explaining a little bit about or post a handy video/article on the whole 'ID needed/not needed for voting'?
Because that boggles my mind and I can't figure it out. How do they know you don't vote 20 times if you not show ID? or do you show something that is not an ID? But then where is the issue? I'm confused
Two key reasons that voter ID is a bad idea.

1) Millions of Americans do not have photo ID or the photo ID that they do have (State college ID) is not considered valid. You get that? The state that you're voting in doesn't accept ID's that are issued by the same government body. Ridiculous.

2) Simply put, this type of voter fraud does not happen. The coordination required to make this type of fraud feasible is what prevents it from happening. It's easy to detect and hard to execute. Someone from your group is also likely to sing.

There are only rare cases that this is even suspected of happening. In exchange for protecting against a dozen or so suspected cases over 16 years, you're disenfranchising millions of Americans.

More info here
Why Voter ID Laws Aren?t Really about Fraud | FRONTLINE | PBS
Sparrow likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
It's his hair that makes it truly awesome.

Two key reasons that voter ID is a bad idea.

1) Millions of Americans do not have photo ID or the photo ID that they do have (State college ID) is not considered valid. You get that? The state that you're voting in doesn't accept ID's that are issued by the same government body. Ridiculous.

2) Simply put, this type of voter fraud does not happen. The coordination required to make this type of fraud feasible is what prevents it from happening. It's easy to detect and hard to execute. Someone from your group is also likely to sing.

There are only rare cases that this is even suspected of happening. In exchange for protecting against a dozen or so suspected cases over 16 years, you're disenfranchising millions of Americans.

More info here
Why Voter ID Laws Aren?t Really about Fraud | FRONTLINE | PBS
Yeah I know all about your ID stuff and I'm not gonna comment on that because it's cray cray to me

So you are basically saying yeah paper voting is fine without ID because it is sooooo hard to walk around to different stations.
Well ... Okay then ... I am starting to understand your election season better
Old 04-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah I know all about your ID stuff and I'm not gonna comment on that because it's cray cray to me

So you are basically saying yeah paper voting is fine without ID because it is sooooo hard to walk around to different stations.
Well ... Okay then ... I am starting to understand your election season better
To commit in-person voter fraud with paper ballots, you'd need to pick ONE target name in each polling place (you can't risk standing in line twice at the same place) and hope that the person has not/will not vote that day.

If the person has already voted, you're fucked because you're trying to vote when that person has already been marked down as voting. If the person tries to vote after you already voted in their name, you'll raise a flag to the fraud.

What happens if a red flag is raised after you've already voted? To be honest, I don't know. The point is, it's difficult to do this undetected and we have found only a hand full of suspected fraudulent voting attempts over the last 2 decades. It simply doesn't happen.